Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aH_gUAn

From P 2 P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sometimes I really wonder if ppl put any effort into things they do. They installed the shower screen today and guess wat! They actually install a swing door that will slam into the mixer at the common bathroom when it was supposed to be a sliding door. And they can stick a silicon sticker onto my mixer to minimize the impact!

What's in their mind really? It's been a series of screw ups but this one really takes the cake.

C78C2700-3289-47A6-B0A0-8A43A9784F9B-2506-000002018D2F4839.jpg

F32874C0-33BC-45AE-98DA-0CA841D9AE03-2506-000002019292BBD2.jpg

FA2C12C6-0449-4182-B4E2-F087D15C2045-2506-0000020185B7A22A.jpg

Sometimes I really wonder if ppl put any effort into things they do. They installed the shower screen today and guess wat! They actually install a swing door that will slam into the mixer at the common bathroom when it was supposed to be a sliding door. And they can stick a silicon sticker onto my mixer to minimize the impact!

What's in their mind really? It's been a series of screw ups but this one really takes the cake.

-_- they're going to change it right? Make sure they do! Seriously, what are they thinking.

But on another note, your toilet bowl is in the shower area! Cool, I've always kinda wanted that :D

-_- they're going to change it right? Make sure they do! Seriously, what are they thinking.

But on another note, your toilet bowl is in the shower area! Cool, I've always kinda wanted that :D

I've called the contractor and told him to get it changed and to replace the tiles they drilled on. *fullstop* I guess we've been nice for too long. This will be something that I do not wanna live with because this is a potential hazard for my toddler. I shudder at the thought that she might accidentally slam the door too hard and the door end up shattering on her.

This lauout is not by choice. the layout is too small for us to so anything plus the auntie inside me* keeps thinking aboith when someone showers, they will wet the toilet bowl and toilet paper. Lololol

I've called the contractor and told him to get it changed and to replace the tiles they drilled on. *fullstop* I guess we've been nice for too long. This will be something that I do not wanna live with because this is a potential hazard for my toddler. I shudder at the thought that she might accidentally slam the door too hard and the door end up shattering on her.

This lauout is not by choice. the layout is too small for us to so anything plus the auntie inside me* keeps thinking aboith when someone showers, they will wet the toilet bowl and toilet paper. Lololol

Yah, you should have it changed. This reminds me of my socket position in kitchen, his sub con did it too far in (near to corner of my L shape cabinet) so I have stretch my arm all out to reach it. Plan to use this point to boil water daily. Wall tiles already done, but I guess I will ask him about this too. :bleah:

Ladies, I think we need to remind Alan that there are some stuff we can tolerate but not all. He is supposed to start ours end this month and we will be extra careful after hearing from both of you. But I believe he will not dispute and will change so let's hope my belief is correct!

Ladies, I think we need to remind Alan that there are some stuff we can tolerate but not all. He is supposed to start ours end this month and we will be extra careful after hearing from both of you. But I believe he will not dispute and will change so let's hope my belief is correct!

Yes, please watch your reno closely! Regardless of which contractor one uses, it helps to go down often just to see see look look.

just to add my 2 cents worth : you need to ask Alan what works will be done on a daily basis. tell him you want to be there to supervise. i know it's hard but i've learnt that it's better to brief the workers what you need & how you want it to be done. no doubt alan will rectify the mistakes but rectifications do delay the reno progress & it does get quite frustrating.

You can if u build a hollow block wall to conceal. HDB's rule is that you can't hack the walls to conceal but if you build a wall urself it's a different story. :sport-smiley-018:

Is that right? Can I know who you checked with? Alan never did mention this to me when he was discussing my shower areas with me.

Is that right? Can I know who you checked with? Alan never did mention this to me when he was discussing my shower areas with me.

I can second that this is true! It's stated on HDB's site under renovation that pipes in the toilet and kitchen must not be concealed. But my ID also told us that the only way to conceal pipes in the toilet will be to build a hollow wall. It will eat a little into your original toilet's space, but that's how you can conceal the pipes.

Edited by summersann

You've got a point there about the toilet paper :P

On another note, this is also something we had to constantly remind ourselves during our renovation. We want to be nice and accommodating, but sometimes, we have to be firm about things. We are paying them a huge sum to do our homes the way we want. Just as long as we're not unreasonable and demanding, I think being firm is fine. They better make sure it all turns out well!

Like what bleucheese and rtechlow shared, I agree that with any contractor or id, we need to make an effort to check on the works and schedule. Which is what we have been doing. It's our home and no one will put in more effort than ourselves,

Truth to be told, we are on site daily..but we have our own lives to lead as well. We cannot be there 24/7. Sometimes it's really no fault of Alan but his sub cons but these moments are just exasperating. Having the need to do rectifications just spoils the entire mood that you have.

Even when the guys were installing the shower screen doors, we were there! We checked w them on the direction of our mbr glass door to make sure that they install it correctly but alas Murphy's law! what that can go wrong will go wrong. we didn't expect that a sliding door can turn into a swing door!

Edited by ment0s

I can second that this is true! It's stated on HDB's site under renovation that pipes in the toilet and kitchen must not be concealed. But my ID also told us that the only way to conceal pipes in the toilet will be to build a hollow wall. It will eat a little into your original toilet's space, but that's how you can conceal the pipes.

From what we understand, this is the only legal way of doing it, even the grohe guys confirmed this w us because we wanted to buy the conceal system which is not common for Hdb homes

This happen to my glass door (suppose to be sliding door, the do swing door) at my level one toilet. Lucky I was there and notice the error, I immediately ask sub-con not to install and call ID. If not, once install sub-con gonna come remove and replace, tiler will also have to come to replace damage tiles.

I think it's too many renovation job in the market liao, everyone is rushing to complete. My plumber came to tighten some leaking unions at 7 in the evening (happen I met as I am about to leave the unit). i told him my house got no light, he say nevermind, he use his HP (iLight function). :jawdrop:

I asked him how to see? He say can lah.. End up, the union is still leaking.. I will ask ID to invite him back again..