Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angmoh

Installation Of Ceiling Fan

Dear forummers,

My ceiling height is about 2.6m... is it very low? i feel that it's lower than others :(

Anyway i'm not going to have false ceiling, only L-box.

What is the height limitation ? which is safe?

I'm looking at KDK 56" fan with the height of about 430. Will it be too low ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

your ceiling height of 2.6m is indeed the average.

mine is only 2.5++m (25 year old flat)

i understand that the safety clearance height is 7 feet, or about 214cm.

That being said, the best is for you to stretch your arms up, and then measure, so that you will know what is the best safety clearance height for yourself.

I'm 1.74m, and when I stretched up my arms, the clearance i'm comfortable with is 2.2m

you do have to be careful when you buy your ceiling fans.

i regretted not doing my own research properly and going ahead to buy ceiling fans from a particular company.

at the company, i asked whether the fans were safe for installing in hdb flat with low ceiling, and the assistant said yes, no problem.

in the end, when the fans were installed ... i could clean the fan blades without even having to tip toe. sigh ...

from then on, i learnt my lesson, so right now i have to replace them.

have to look for fans that come with the description 'Downrod: hugger' or low profile/flush mount fan.

Have anyone installed V56VK on a low ceiling (2.5-2.6m)?

i'm no expert and i stand corrected, but i learnt that any fan with more than 3 blades OR blades with 50 inches and more need down rod of 3-4 inches.

this means the blades will be lower, so your hands might end up touching them.

you might want to call kdk to ask them the ceiling-to-blade distance. then from there you can calculate the height between your floor and the blades.

the kdk website mentions only 1 model for low-ceiling: M11SU

you might want to check out other brands that have fans for low-ceilings.

i'm personally eyeing fanco FFM4000 (ceiling to blade 17cm stated in catalogue)

tamco 48" aluminium: ceiling to blade about 23cm (did the measurement in the shop)

- this matt black one is gaining popularity; you can find them in many home decor magazines

amasco fresh AMC 48R: ceiling to blade 185mm (according to website)

?

yes, rest assured it's safe. My ceiling is 2.6m, has L box with KDK V60WK in the centre.

t :)

Dear forummers,

My ceiling height is about 2.6m... is it very low? i feel that it's lower than others :(

Anyway i'm not going to have false ceiling, only L-box.

What is the height limitation ? which is safe?

I'm looking at KDK 56" fan with the height of about 430. Will it be too low ?

Edited by terenceY®

hehe user123, thanks for ur comment..

my unit is also very old.. i think close to 30 years le.. i also felt that my ceiling is lower than the others... dunno why..

Yeah same here... In fact I have two units at home one direct above my bed n u can imagine how close the fan above me when I sleep. And even in living hall, never lift ur hand too high... But we already used to it and will auto avoid the fan:)

This morning I called KDK Singapore to enquire about the fans with low ceiling, they recommend a min clearance of 2.4m after fan installation,

Then I called this electrian that is recommended by Goh Ah Bee electrical. The electrian will visit my house to measure the false ceiling and make a support base for my fan. He will also recommend me the fans based on my ceiling height.

I am installing three ceiling fans for my house so I am quite happy to get some help from the electrician and KDAk customer service :yamseng: