Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jsll

Any Condo Ground Floor Patio Owners Here?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi batman,

Wow! That really sounds so 'army' wor... Hehe :)

Does any of you heard of this 'smart window'? I'm wondering whether ground floor patio units can install that or not..... Ofcos still must get the prior approval from management.

As for the installing of this smart window, it does not require any drilling of whatever into the structure. We just need to install the track and that's it. Hmmmm..... Wondering wondering... ;)

To what I know and learnt from my ID, even putting a simple Poly-Carbonate plastic sheet also need PE endorsement. This is because

it is not as simple as it seems.

1) They have to dig a "trench" into the structural wall. This is to let the PC sheet "sit" into it.

2) Then apply water-proofing material in the "trench"

3) Install the PC sheet into the "trench".

4) Water proof again.

5) Silicone over to protect the water-proofing.

It is step 1, which is critical as the work touches the structure. And in order not to let patio owner A do method A and B do method

B and so on, MCST will want to have control and final say on how should the work be done and so on.. :bangwall:

Like what we learn in army lor. Everything must standardise... cannot anyhow come... most important, it is for SAFETY :dribble:

Yeah, got to check with the management on the approval... But actually I don't see any reason why they don't allow to install... It's not as if we erect and build any structure lor.

• Like 1

Hi pocky,

The best is to approach your condo's management office and check with them and they will advice you from there.

Good luck bro :sport-smiley-018:

MCST will ask you to dismantle it.. else the authorities will come after u, assuming BCA have not approved it.

Okie, thanks. How do we find out if BCA has approve it or not? Because some units has done it and some did not. By right, if no approval, nobody should be able to install right?

MCST will ask you to dismantle it.. else the authorities will come after u, assuming BCA have not approved it.

same here in my previous condothere was a very tragic accident whena young child fell from the balcony of a high floor unit cos the stupid mgt dont allow grilles in balcony....from then on i told myself never going to stay high floor in condo...hdb is ok cos u can do whatever grille u want but u look at some newer condo all glass balcony it is scaring... :unsure:

Agree! That was our main concern when we were deciding on our condo and we were very sure from the very beginning that not going to get high floor due to safety reason.

Yeap... Previously read about that child fell from high floor condo unit, thus that kinda set my mind to ground floor.

Precisely! Condo mgmt sometimes only think of the outlook and nice nice facade of the development and neglected the safety issue. Hope more condo mgmt will be more lenient on grilles for high floor units.

Hehe... No worries :)

I'm always checking and getting ideas for ground floor PES deco.

Yeap... I'm also always love havings friends over for makan... Plus I have 2boys but no dog.. Hehe :)

Ya, with young kids at home, I'm also very scare of high floor units... Plus the outdoor PES area is nice for the kids to run around without worrying while I'm doing my cooking lor... Cos I'm a SAHM, thus need to always think of safety for kids lor.

same here in my previous condothere was a very tragic accident whena young child fell from the balcony of a high floor unit cos the stupid mgt dont allow grilles in balcony....from then on i told myself never going to stay high floor in condo...hdb is ok cos u can do whatever grille u want but u look at some newer condo all glass balcony it is scaring... :unsure:

oops sorry sis...just keep browsing property guru and get ideas from other peoples pes...GND floor living is the best :yamseng: ..yup for

me too always got people come over for makan so i will have outdoor dining table...plus i got 2 girls and 2 dogs how to stay high floor :sport-smiley-003:

Hehe... No worries :)

I'm always checking and getting ideas for ground floor PES deco.

Yeap... I'm also always love havings friends over for makan... Plus I have 2boys but no dog.. Hehe :)

Ya, with young kids at home, I'm also very scare of high floor units... Plus the outdoor PES area is nice for the kids to run around without worrying while I'm doing my cooking lor... Cos I'm a SAHM, thus need to always think of safety for kids lor.

Me not bro... Me is sis. Hahaha :)

Yeap, I go for ground floor with big PES is also for my kids. I have 2 young boys and reckon they will need the big area to run around.

My hdb EM also big... About 1500sqft. My boys love the big area...but now tenanted out and they were so looking forward to the new place which will on,y be ready in 2yrs time. Hehehe :)

Currently I'm also staying high floor and still has roaches and ants problem, thus not so much agreed with other advises which I received saying ground floor will have more roaches and other insects.. Hmm.. Well, let's see when I got the unit and move in lor.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find more ideas to do up the PES nicely cos we enjoy inviting friends over for makan... Which I did alot during my own stay at my EM.

So looking towards that... :)

oops sorry sis...just keep browsing property guru and get ideas from other peoples pes...GND floor living is the best :yamseng: ..yup for

me too always got people come over for makan so i will have outdoor dining table...plus i got 2 girls and 2 dogs how to stay high floor :sport-smiley-003: