Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EiraEddy

Balcony Issue

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

what about leveling it up with concrete? that should work..

In practice, surely can. But HDB worry about the weight of the concrete. So in theory, cannot.

So never mind, submit this twin power ===> lightweight material + fire safety material lor... but even that, they not responding.

Update on the progress of my balcony.I remove the balcony door frame,requested for the hdb contractors to screed my balcony to almost the same height as my living room floor and will be putting on laminate flooring.Though its not wat I wanted but at least manage to level it

did your contractor apply for HDB permit to level the baclcony to almost the same height as the living room using cement screed ?

I made this suggestion ro my law-abiding contractor who is in this trade for over 20 years and she said HDB will not approve.

My contractor told me its possible to screed for new units but not for resale.i submitted the request for screeding to hdb myself n they did tat for me without any argument.but i tink juz to be safe,best u contact ur HTO to clarify

Oh! Tats really bad news!

My flats all managed to level up and we used the balcony area as our livable area.... But that was done years ago!

Nw my em in housing and current 5room also both leveled n extended our living area.

We wanted to level-up the balcony/service yard but contractor informed us that due to the recent revised in HDB rules, it will not be approved. Hence, we have no choice but to leave it.