Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kunzzy

Where Can I See The Demo Of The Haiku Fan?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haiku Fan - Problematic!

I bought a long stem haiku fan from spectra few months ago and installed it in my living room with plastered ceiling. The fan is bolted straight to the concrete ceiling with 2 heavy duty metal rods so I know its very secured. In fact, it so secured, it can even hold my weight of 75kg.

Soon after installation, I noticed the fan starts to vibrate slightly with a frequent 'tik' 'tik' 'tik' noise. The technical from spectra is very professional and has been on site 5 times. At first, he thought it was the fan cap that is hitting the ceiling so we lowered it to ensure its not touching the ceiling but the sound still persists. It was from my own due diligence that I learned the sound was actually from the blades and the blade holder. It seems for bamboo blade, there will always be a slight variation in dimension as its a natural product. Only the white blade, made of fibre can be produced to the exact dimension (this was commented by the technician as well, which is why Spectra prefers to sell the white blade with short stem vs the bamboo ones.

I was told the vibrate is normal and acceptable by Haiku standard. Personally, if I am paying $1300 for a fan, I expect it to be near perfect.

I have KDK fans in my bedrooms installed on the plastered ceiling and I dont have any of the problem I had with Haiku.

Spectra should look at replacing the fan without any question asked if its keen to market a premium product.

Anyone has the address to share? Thanks