Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

photo27_zpsf4dcb52e.jpg

Staircase railings are removed and steps are cover up with wooden sheet.

photo29_zps7c9bbe54.jpg

Tiles are up for level one toilet. So far I am quite satisfied with the worksmanship. :thumbs up:

Special request for 45 deg mitre joint.

photo28_zps2299db5d.jpg

Close up of 45 deg mitre joint. :thumbs up:

photo30_zps8ab8047e.jpg

Tiles are nicely done up even in tight corners. :thumbs up:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today went down to meet ID and tiler to discuss on some dimension. Keep hearing ID and tiler discuss how to do to have 漂亮收口 for the tiling work. Will share more photos on those 收口..

photo32_zps31d1a544.jpg

Kitchen tiles are up. Those small plastic piece are to leave small and uniform gaps between tiles.

I asked tiler, how come the opening of the rubbish chute so small nia?

His reply, to ensure a flat surface and uniform gap. He will enlarge the opening when tiles are dry.

Tiler is very detail in his work. :thumbs up:

Asked him how come the three tiles (right side of the photo) are shorter than the rest?

His reply, to leave space for wall to be erect.

photo35_zpsaa18339c.jpg

By putting the wires between hollow blocks is to strengthen the wall.

photo34_zps223636ce.jpg

View from master toilet.

photo33_zpsc1603aa2.jpg

View from common toilet.

photo27_zpsf4dcb52e.jpg

Staircase railings are removed and steps are cover up with wooden sheet.

photo29_zps7c9bbe54.jpg

Tiles are up for level one toilet. So far I am quite satisfied with the worksmanship. :thumbs up:

Special request for 45 deg mitre joint.

photo28_zps2299db5d.jpg

Close up of 45 deg mitre joint. :thumbs up:

photo30_zps8ab8047e.jpg

Tiles are nicely done up even in tight corners. :thumbs up:

Wow good one! My friend told me the newer style of joining the tiles is the 45 deg ones, and I back to see mine no 45 deg. :-(

You are the first one I saw..! Haha... good one, got extra charge for these? :-P Anyway good tiling job and thanks for sharing

Wow good one! My friend told me the newer style of joining the tiles is the 45 deg ones, and I back to see mine no 45 deg. :-(

You are the first one I saw..! Haha... good one, got extra charge for these? :-P Anyway good tiling job and thanks for sharing

45 deg mitre joint required more time to cut the 45 deg. The joint in neater and nicer.

Special request to my ID since we spent so much on our renovation.

On top of that, I prepare ang pow for ID & tiler when he start work and buy him lunch and kopi.. :D

After 16 Days of renovation...

So far so good! All 45 deg mitre joint. :good:

photo38_zpsaba04114.jpg

Alignment for the drain pipe in level one toilet. Waterproofing not done yet.

photo41_zpsf2533707.jpg

Master toilet. Love the tiles.. :dribble:

photo42_zps777a69bf.jpg

Shelving beside the vanity top. Tiler very good worksmanship! :dancingqueen:

photo43_zpsd1c3023a.jpg

Shelving at common toilet, using marble effect tiles. :thumbs up:

photo44_zps08e1f7d9.jpg

This hole at common toilet is for the storage heater. The angle is to increase the walking space.

Edited by HappyAng

Congrats bro on ur reno.. looks like everything is progressing swee swee..

Hope u get some nice down lights :)

Congrats bro on ur reno.. looks like everything is progressing swee swee..

Hope u get some nice down lights :)

Thanx Bro Batman. For downlight, most likely will get from Taobao.

After 19 days of renovation...

photo48_zps5ef5a766.jpg

Master toilet. Can u notice the difference in the black tiles (third tiles from the top)? The tiles are cut slightly shorter to achieve a 漂亮收口. Tiler is very detail on those 收口. :good:

photo50_zpse02477ec.jpg

ID specially request tiler to shift the shelve in by 10mm to look nicer. Tiler will need to cut a small piece of tile to patch up the small gap.

photo47_zpsb9489132.jpg

Living hall tiles (marble effect) are up. :sport-smiley-004:

photo51_zpsc2685222.jpg

There will be a step separate living and kitchen. Why the tiles do half way? It is the gap for the sliding door to flush with kitchen wall. Sorry if I sound confuse to u. Will post more clearer photo when the tile is complete. :yamseng:

HappyAng, your renovation is progress well. your living hall and kitchen flooring flushed? or is there a step?

Looks like your renovation is moving fast too! :thumbs up: Moving in before CNY?

Amazed by your contractor's/your attention to details! I should learn from you and pay attention to these things too :P

Woah nice ! HappyAng, are you boxing up the pipings in toilets? Seeing your progress makes me even more excited on my upcoming project

HappyAng, your renovation is progress well. your living hall and kitchen flooring flushed? or is there a step?

There will be a drop (about one tile thickness) between living hall and kitchen.

Looks like your renovation is moving fast too! :thumbs up: Moving in before CNY?

Amazed by your contractor's/your attention to details! I should learn from you and pay attention to these things too :P

Our renovation is schedule to complete end Mar or early Apr. All cement screed to complete by 08/02/13 and leave it to dry fully during the CNY period. I am very particular on the 收口.. Glad that my ID is also very detail in my renovation work. :good: Tilers are also very skilful, I will also buy drinks for them on every visit..

Woah nice ! HappyAng, are you boxing up the pipings in toilets? Seeing your progress makes me even more excited on my upcoming project

Yes, will boxed up the pipings in all three toilets. Enjoy your renovation journey. I am camping at your T-blog for more photo. :yamseng:

After 20 days of renovation...

photo58_zps2d173edd.jpg

Floor tiles for level one toilet.

Since it is small area, we do a step with small gradient at the shower area. Water can easily flow to the floor trap. Decide to use stainless steel floor trap, since there isn't extra charge and easy to open. :good:

photo53_zps2b47e7a5.jpg

The plastic piece is embedded into the cement to prevent the edge from easy chip off.

photo55_zps8d696793.jpg

Hollow block wall and cabinet base are up.

Notice the base is slightly shorter than the hollow block wall? Again, ID request tiler to do so, say the finishing is nicer this way. :sport-smiley-004:

photo54_zpsefe9fe8f.jpg

Notice that the tiler is very detail with his work. Even the hole for the water to drain, internal wall (such a small area) also cover with tiles. :bow:

photo59_zps60fc57e8.jpg

The tiler also do a cover (both side are tiles, at the left side of the photo) for the drain hole. :jawdrop: Really appreciate his hard work. :good:

After 22 days of renovation...

photo65_zpsb496c28b.jpg

If u look carefully, can see the plastic piece embedded in the cement screed.. There's also a small drop (about one tile thickness) between living hall and kitchen.

photo66_zpsacd95a93.jpg

Utility room is up. We will be doing pebble wash at the entrance area. ID told me that HE WILL BE DOING it by himself wor... :dancingqueen: Well.. Let's see how's his worksmanship then.. :sport-smiley-004:

photo61_zps793242d4.jpg

Balcony with 15x90 tiles. ID request tiler to leave small gap between the vertical tiles so that it looks more real. :thumbs up:

We will not be plastering brick wall but to paint it white. :D

photo60_zps989c4431.jpg

Common toilet flooring is done. :good:

photo64_zps5f68e855.jpg

U channel will be embedded into the cement wall to support the laminated glass railing. :sport-smiley-004: