Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Hi can ask you something about Amcon? Do they charge you exactly at 1.3 cbm or round up to 2 cbm?

if based on 1.3cbm how much is the shipping cost? thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks HAppy ANg.

By the way, did you make use of one or two tiles joined together for the shelving? What is mitre joint too?

I insisted on 2 tiles and my ID was saying not possible. But 1 pc doesn't look sturdy to me.

Tiler joined two tiles together for the shelving. Mitre joint is the tiles are cut 45 deg joint together. Below are some closer pictures of the shelving, hope it helps. :good:

photo2504132_zps079e10f0.jpg

if based on 1.3cbm how much is the shipping cost? thanks

Amcon charged RMB $550 per 1m3, so if 1.3m3, then RMB $550 x 1.3 = RMB $715.

Hmm... Still have a SGD $35 doc fee and also need to pay GST for ur purchase. U may wanna verify with May again incase there's some changes. Happy shopping... :sport-smiley-004:

photo2504131_zpsaf080e56.jpg

Dining Table arrives... Lucky Mr Deco never fail me.. Phew.. In fact they very punctual today and the quality of the dining table and chairs are good. :good:

photo2504134_zps2b38a8e9.jpg

photo2504133_zps2d11d5a9.jpg

Fridge and washing machine from Hong Liang arrives.. See my washing machine sitting at my mini yard area?

photo2504135_zpsd15e5e0c.jpg

Roller blinds in master bedroom. Also do roller blinds for the other two bedrooms.

Keep my finger cross! Hope my KUKA sofa will come next week.. :bow::bow::bow:

My Simmons bed will also arrive next week. Outstanding item.. 55" LED TV.. Any bro or sis can recommend? :help:

Went to Courts today, most of the old models no stocks liao. New model the price very ex!! :jawdrop:

Thinking of getting Samsung 7 series, any bro or sis using this model?

Nice kitchen and service yard. Mini yard? I would consider it spacious.... compared with urs, my yard is super small.

Thanks for the photo Happy Ang.

Yours look so so much nicer than my mock up sample.

After voicing out to my ID, he suggested he will use caserstone as shelving for us.

Hope it will blend in and look nice

Finally confirmed our TV today.

Since our 1st choice Sony KDL55HX855 discontinued and we do not wish to top up $600 for KDL55HX955.. so we choose Samsung UA55ES7500 (it's a 2012 model), which we think its value for $. IMO, if u don't mind old model, u can bargin for a much lower price than a new model as dealer is trying to clear their old stocks.

Now start packing up and slowly bit by bit move to our new place.. Yahoo.. next weekend can official move-in le.. :sport-smiley-004:

Then will be waiting for our bb boy to arrive in Jun.. :dancingqueen:

No one has mentioned they like your dining chairs. Erm, maybe I am a weirdo....I like the look of the chairs! :D

We are tossing to get a Samsung TV which is older version; series 6 only since we will not be using the TV to surf net nor are we couch potatoes, so a normal TV should do. That will help to save some costs too.

Your timing is just right for the new addition in your family! Hope everything will be smooth....all the way until the baby is born :good::)

No one has mentioned they like your dining chairs. Erm, maybe I am a weirdo....I like the look of the chairs! :D

We are tossing to get a Samsung TV which is older version; series 6 only since we will not be using the TV to surf net nor are we couch potatoes, so a normal TV should do. That will help to save some costs too.

Your timing is just right for the new addition in your family! Hope everything will be smooth....all the way until the baby is born :good::)

Thanx kooky. Wifey say it would look better if we choose all black chairs. U choose series 6 which model. Initially, sales person recommend F6800 (Samsung's new model starts with F le..), but we decide to choose an old model series 7 instead.

Edited by HappyAng

We have not decided yet but will be one of those series 6 older model. We will probably pick up a 46 or 50-inch one......methink is the 'E' model. I let the husband to choose.

TVs is like laptop and PCs, there is no way we can keep up with them and can't afford to upgrade every 6-12 months. So long it does the job, that will do. Most of the time, we just use the TV to play cartoons DVD for my girl :-)

The Montella delivery really ?!#%$¥£&@........ :furious:

Today call to follow up on delivery for this coming Thur as committed by The Montella. The staff told me they not sure and they have to check. Afternoon, the staff told me, our sofa just reach SG nia, waiting to clear custom. So 2nd May unable to deliver, gonna push to 6th May instead.

Kaoz!! I suspect their shipment is via sampan lor.. Mid Apr told me already shipped out from China by 20th Apr can reach SG port. But till today, then reach SG port? :jawdrop::furious:

Hope we can get our sofa on 6th May.. Keep our finger cross, The Montella don't give us any more excuse for the delay again.. Tolong..Tolong.. :bow:

Tomorrow our bed, TV will arrive.. :dancingqueen:

Edited by HappyAng

Thanks HAppy ANg.

By the way, did you make use of one or two tiles joined together for the shelving? What is mitre joint too?

I insisted on 2 tiles and my ID was saying not possible. But 1 pc doesn't look sturdy to me.

the work needed to cut exactly 2 pieces of same size is not easy, cos its tiles, not paper. the skill must be quite good. So far, i think only Andrew have managed to get this done for his projects. I have not seen anyone else have the same here on renotalk (unless i missed out some pictures by others).

So far all furniture and electrical all deliver, ONLY left the sofa... 8|

photo3004131_zps770698a0.jpg

Our mini bar counter. Wine chiller is sitting in a corner. :sport-smiley-004:

photo3004133_zps1d4a1b93.jpg

Simmons Beautyrest mattress and bed frame with the freebies.. :dancingqueen:

photo3004134_zpsedbc6023.jpg

Does the TV console looks like custom-make? Its actually a ready make console, but we modify a bit for TV console to sit inside the feature wall. Left side is our custom-make altar.

photo3004135_zpsfb5832bc.jpg

Samsung 55" LED TV mounted onto the feature wall, all wires are conceal inside. Remember to ask ur contractor to put a pull cable inside the feature wall.

I like the look of your bar counter!

My husband is **** old-fashion, he doesnt want any feature-wall as he that we are unable to move the TV to another location IF we decided to change the configuration of the living area. I am not sure how he is going to hide those wires neatly! :(

I like the look of your bar counter!

My husband is **** old-fashion, he doesnt want any feature-wall as he that we are unable to move the TV to another location IF we decided to change the configuration of the living area. I am not sure how he is going to hide those wires neatly! :(

Thanx kooky. Bar counter is a small relax area for me & my wifey. Too bad she can't drink now..

U can also do some carpentry work, example a shelve to sit ur TV and to hide those wires. I used carpentry and partition wall to hide most of the trunking and wires in our place..

Nice TV console!How much is your TV featured wall and TV console? Why did you choose to go for ready made TV console instead of tailor-made TV console with TV feature wall?