Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your flooring is marble or homogeneous tiles? Very nice!

Is Blk 347 Teochew muay near to Bukit Gombak MRT? lol

My flooring is marble-look alike homogeneous tiles. Blk 347 Teochew muay is about 5-10mins walk from Gombak MRT station. Blk 374 Alif Restaurant is just opposite Gombak MRT, beside Macdonalds.

Today Singtel come to install MIO in our new place. :sport-smiley-018:

Yeah!! Finally can move into our new home le.. :sport-smiley-004: Next headache will be the unpacking.. Btw, I am using Soon Seng Transport for helping us relocate. Price quite reasonable. :)

Thanx neighbour 3Dyms.. Yes! Wifey is very happy with the renovation work. Especially the Tiffany blue kitchen & master toilet. When is ur turn to start ur renovation? Wish u a smooth renovation journey. Cheers! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Neighbour HappyAng,

I used Soon Seng for the first part of my move too (condo to storage). Will use them again for part II. I find their price ok (not really cheap) but the movers are really professional. Fast & efficient too. Hope you have good experience with them too.

My Reno will be starting on 11-Jun. The current owner has signed the indemnity form and my contractor has submitted. Now waiting for HDB approval. *pray that everything goes well and I get approval fast fast* :D

Hi here is what we know so far:

Blk 155 West Ave 6 hawker centre - fantastic hokkien mee!

Blk 109 West Ave 6 - roast meat not bad (stall has hanging red lanterns outside)

Blk 132 West Ave 6 - known for the fish porridge, duck meat & Kway chap (open night till morning)

Blk 374 St 31 - Alif Restaurant (opens till wee hours on weekend mornings) - heard nasi lemak not bad but Malay-style one

Blk 347 St 34 - 24hour teochew muay (Ding Xiang teochew muay with a huge variety of dishes and nice white fish cake and bak chor)

Also Blk 347 St 34 - same coffee shop as teochew muay with good value western food stall (decent portion). The carrot cake stall there is quite decent which allows yin-yang orders.

That's all Mr E can think about it so far as he used to live in BB during his childhood-youth days.

Enjoy discovering & feasting :D

Wah.... I must also keep this for reference leh. My hub & older gal loves to eat and they are always looking for new places to try. After we shift to BB, will definitely try out these makan shops. :P

The only place I know the food quite nice at BB is the Hilltop Chinese restaurant (@CSC). Their set lunch/dinner price also quite reasonable.

Edited by 3Dyms

The only place I know the food quite nice at BB is the Hilltop Chinese restaurant (@CSC). Their set lunch/dinner price also quite reasonable.

Hilltop? Do they have a branch at Jurong Hill? If yes, then I remember fondly their teppanyaki and mango pudding. Many many years ago, there wasn't much decent non-Chinese restaurant in Jurong so Hilltop Jurong Hill was the best!

My flooring is marble-look alike homogeneous tiles. Blk 347 Teochew muay is about 5-10mins walk from Gombak MRT station. Blk 374 Alif Restaurant is just opposite Gombak MRT, beside Macdonalds.

Today Singtel come to install MIO in our new place. :sport-smiley-018:

Congrats for moving in to new place. Mine will be likely in June due to waiting for Ah Ping to finish his outstanding jobs . One question . When do you need to notify Singtel for migrating of MIO to your new house ?

Edited by Tracksteel

Hilltop? Do they have a branch at Jurong Hill? If yes, then I remember fondly their teppanyaki and mango pudding. Many many years ago, there wasn't much decent non-Chinese restaurant in Jurong so Hilltop Jurong Hill was the best!

I don't think this hilltop is related to the one at Jurong Hill. Cos this one only serves chinese food. No teppanyaki leh.

This is from the CSC website.

http://www.csc.gov.sg/html/bukitbatok/bb_restaurant.html

Hi Neighbour HappyAng,

I used Soon Seng for the first part of my move too (condo to storage). Will use them again for part II. I find their price ok (not really cheap) but the movers are really professional. Fast & efficient too. Hope you have good experience with them too.

My Reno will be starting on 11-Jun. The current owner has signed the indemnity form and my contractor has submitted. Now waiting for HDB approval. *pray that everything goes well and I get approval fast fast* :D

Soon Seng's worker indeed fast and efficient in helping us to relocate. Wow! Hope u gets all ur approval b4 start of renovation.. :)

Congrats for moving in to new place. Mine will be likely in June due to waiting for Ah Ping to finish his outstanding jobs . One question . When do you need to notify Singtel for migrating of MIO to your new house ?

Bro, u never start ur own T-blog to show us some of ur photo? I called Singtel a week b4 we official relocate to our new place. Singtel schedule all full, so we waited 3-4days after we move-in to get the MIO up.

Our recent purchase from Taobao. :dancingqueen:

photo1605131_zps040721bb.jpg

Piggy Bank.

姓"福"的 满族 piggy bank.. Sounds like 幸福 and 满足.. :rofl: I always practice to drop spare coins into the piggy bank when I am back home. This cute piggy bank can be a display and also a piggy bank for me. :sport-smiley-004:

photo1605134_zpsd622946a.jpg

Cushion, cushion cover, tissue box and holder for TV controller. :notti:

photo1605132_zpsd53d4be3.jpg

DIY glass decal. :good:

Hi HappyAng,

Congrats on your completion of reno and moved in...

I got my EM and will start reno in Aug. As I was thinking to do some storage place under the staircase like what you did, understand that hacking will need to be done under the staircase. In this case, do we need to engage a PE for such hacking ? or just need to apply for renovation permit from HDB?

Thanks in advance for reply....

Cheers

Hi HappyAng, enjoyed reading your reno's journey very details and amazing transformed. Love your ideas on the drawers underneath

The staircase, mini bar counter and toilet tiles. It good to keep the TV wall simple, have you though about putting wall paper? You can change it whenever you get sick of the design and I think the cost will not be too ex. Cheers

Hi HappyAng,

Congrats on your completion of reno and moved in...

I got my EM and will start reno in Aug. As I was thinking to do some storage place under the staircase like what you did, understand that hacking will need to be done under the staircase. In this case, do we need to engage a PE for such hacking ? or just need to apply for renovation permit from HDB?

Thanks in advance for reply....

Cheers

Hi dannywmp, sorry for late reply & congrats on ur purchase of EM. U will love the lifestyle of living in an EM. :good:

Previously, the owner use partition for the storage under staircase, so no permit required to tear down the partition. Ur current EM is there any solid wall under the staircase?

Hi HappyAng, enjoyed reading your reno's journey very details and amazing transformed. Love your ideas on the drawers underneath

The staircase, mini bar counter and toilet tiles. It good to keep the TV wall simple, have you though about putting wall paper? You can change it whenever you get sick of the design and I think the cost will not be too ex. Cheers

Hi mark, thank you for reading my T-blog. We did not put wall paper on the TV feature wall, maybe next time can change repaint the feature wall to other colour (much cheaper than wallpaper) :sport-smiley-004: Edited by HappyAng

Just to share...

Wifey & I don't know how to select 紫水晶山. One day, we went into the shop, 1st glance saw the 紫水晶山, 一见钟情 then decide to buy and become the new owner. The 紫水晶山 (ard 60cm tall, 16kg, look like a mountain, nice deep purple crystal, bottom of the mountain got depth & top got a cap which saleperson say can accumulate wealth) to put beside my TV console area. Price not cheap (more than $1K), but we like it and the boss only discount $20 for us nia. In less than 1 mth, my house number 4D open 3 times!! (Got once is 2nd prize wor).. but too bad I didn't buy sys bet. But I did strike a consolation in another number.. Hmm.. Consider 紫水晶山 did bring us some luck ba..

Disclaimer: I am not related to any fengshui master or selling any products. Just to share my experience of purchase a 紫水晶山 nia.. :dancingqueen:

Hi Neighbour HappyAng,

Hi, new to the forum. What is this indemnity for about? Can someone please advise? Thanks in advance.