Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Hi, new to the forum. What is this indemnity for about? Can someone please advise? Thanks in advance.

Reno applications to HDB usually takes about 2-weeks to approve. In cases (like mine), we need the reno to commence immediately after I have collected keys & settled completion (2nd Appt) with HDB.

To expedite reno approval, my contractor submitted Reno application to HDB after my 1st Appt, but before 2nd Appt. As the house is still under the current owner, an indemnity form is required to be signed by both current owner and new owner. This form is submitted together with Reno application by your contractor. Without this indemnity form, I will need to wait till formal completion (2nd HDB Appt) is settled, then submit Reno application, waste 2-weeks waiting for approval, after approval obtained then can proceed with Reno. HTH's. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Our recent purchase from Taobao. :dancingqueen:

photo1605131_zps040721bb.jpg

Piggy Bank.

姓"福"的 满族 piggy bank.. Sounds like 幸福 and 满足.. :rofl: I always practice to drop spare coins into the piggy bank when I am back home. This cute piggy bank can be a display and also a piggy bank for me. :sport-smiley-004:

photo1605134_zpsd622946a.jpg

Cushion, cushion cover, tissue box and holder for TV controller. :notti:

photo1605132_zpsd53d4be3.jpg

DIY glass decal. :good:

Hihi !! Where do you get the DIY decal for your sliding door ?

Hi all, not sure have anyone of you experience the "phenomenon" below? :dunno: Does anyone knows what actually caused the split?

We used the original solid timber door for all the three bedrooms and do a coat of paint over it. In less than two months, can see the door "split" (can see from the photo below) into half.. :jawdrop: Called my contractor to ask him, he say the split is due to "OLD" age of the door.. Even the new solid timber door will experience that when time to come. The solution that he gave me..

1) To change a new door

2) Patch up and paint over it and it may happen again

photo0107131_zpsdf968a70.jpg

photo0107132_zpscc9d820f.jpg

Hi, HappyAng

My main entrance wood door also get minor split(crack). It is normal to happpen those wood doors because one of reason was when factory to build the door and wood material not dry enough and after certain time like your room (probably you use air-con) the wood become dry and dry to cause it get split(or crack). So contractor's solution is correct, but you may try patch and repaint first, if it still happen then you can replace a new door.

Jackbatok

Hi, HappyAng

My main entrance wood door also get minor split(crack). It is normal to happpen those wood doors because one of reason was when factory to build the door and wood material not dry enough and after certain time like your room (probably you use air-con) the wood become dry and dry to cause it get split(or crack). So contractor's solution is correct, but you may try patch and repaint first, if it still happen then you can replace a new door.

Jackbatok

Thanx Bro Jackbatok for sharing. :) Think we will tahan the split (crack) for awhile and replace the door maybe end of the year ba..

Hello happy ang, do you have pictures of how mbr aircon is run??

Hi kissryl, sorry for late reply.

Below are some photos of my master bedroom. As u can see from the first two photos, Aircon trunking is run behind the wardrobe with removable panel access to aircon trunking. As for the fan coil side, the trunking is on top of my blinds (sorry I do not have the photos to show the before & after), but if u look carefully at my second photo, u can notice a gap between my wardrobe & the wall. That's the space for my Aircon trunking. Hope it helps!

photo39_zps71969cb6.jpg

photo60_zpsec56e10b.jpg

photo2504135_zpsd15e5e0c.jpg

Hi can PM me your contractor hp no .. Thanks a million :)

PMed. Sorry for late reply.

Just to share how my Aircon trunking is connect & conceal.

photo1208136_zpscb5ea1c8.jpg

Master bedroom

photo1208138_zpsacb3f3f8.jpg

Aircon trunking is placed behind the partition and runs behind the wardrobe which I request a removable access panel inside the wardrobe incase need to access the trunking but not damage my wardrobe.

photo1208137_zps6a91f4eb.jpg

Only visible Aircon trunking (painted black) in the master toilet. Right side of the photo.

photo1208134_zps98d75dbf.jpg

Aircon trunking was mounted below the beam which linked master to bedroom 2 & bedroom 3. I request to plaster the trunking so it looks like a beam instead.

photo1208133_zps0afb7b7b.jpg

Bedroom 2

The piping is linked from bedroom 3 (back to back), so don't see any trunking in bedroom 2.

photo1208132_zpsc28928be.jpg

Bedroom 3

If u look carefully at the door frame area, u can notice the Aircon trunking which stretch to the side of the pillar. I also request to plaster so that it visually looks like a beam and not the Aircon trunking.

I have also checked with the Aircon guy, if regularly service the Aircon and connect is good, very unlikely will have sweating problem which may required to open trunking and access piping. Even if sway sway kena, need to access, u can easily open the trunking and plaster back.. Hope it helps! Cheers!

Edited by HappyAng

Nice to see that your house is done up swee swee... I like your dinning area and kitchen very much... Very "clean" lines and homely feel...

How many more months to go till you see you baby?

Great way of running the air-con pipes! Bedroom 2's air-con unit looks especially cute, floating mid-wall :D

Hee..Hee.. I try to conceal most of the Aircon trunking..

Hi, like you coffe table. How much was it?

I bought together with TV console and ask for a special discount. If buy only the coffee table, think is around $900

Nice to see that your house is done up swee swee... I like your dinning area and kitchen very much... Very "clean" lines and homely feel...

How many more months to go till you see you baby?

Thanx typhoonz. Junior HappyAng already 2.5 mths le.. :)

Thanx typhoonz. Junior HappyAng already 2.5 mths le.. :)

Wah I've been away from your blog for so long liao ah... Kong xi kong xi!!

My journey for my new place is about to begin... Now offered for the new place (5I) in Tampines and have put my place (4A) on sale... Fingers crossed and hope that it's accepted... Also hope that I can sell fast fast and at a good price...

Until then I will have to do my "homework" and calculate my budget for renovations and furnishings...

photo3004135_zpsfb5832bc.jpg

Samsung 55" LED TV mounted onto the feature wall, all wires are conceal inside. Remember to ask ur contractor to put a pull cable inside the feature wall.

Hi, what is the purpose of having a pull cable in the feature wall?