Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

Resale Unit - Procedure To Get Quotations?

This is a tough question. :unsure: Initially, most quotation I received were around 25K - 30K excluding electrical, lightings and aircon. So, I'm telling myself, ok maximum I should not exceed 40K renovation + 10K furnishing, so meaning max.50K. But, I seriously over shoot my budget and the cost went all the way up to 60K(as of now, including my new furnishing). :~ I seriously think I'm crazy and when my friend told me he spent nearly 56K for a 3room flat, I was like :jawdrop: sure or not, you kana chopped lah, but now I'm spending more than him.

This is not my first house, so I told myself whatever I used for my previous house, confirmed + proven no good, thus this time round, with more experience, we decided to spend more on quality. Anyway, to cut the whole thing short, wet works, electrical, aircon all these cannot save, things that can save a little are appliances and furnishing.

Yah, I agree with you, can save a little here and there on appliances/furnishing and I will prioritize on furniture, for eg bed is more important than say study table.

MrsLoo, do you have a t-blog?

Edited by bleucheeze

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Got a quotation from a contractor. Will appreciate all feedback and comments :)

quote1a.jpg

are you not doing your toilets also?

what does the electrical includes? (how many single/double points, downlights etc)

at your quoted carpentry work price, it better be a good quality type that should allow you to opt for sliding doors, larder units, soft closing, good grade laminates etc

also $3 tiles....ask them which tile shop/branch exactly...same tile can cost different prices even at different branches of the same company.

Edited by blueriverview

are you not doing your toilets also?

what does the electrical includes? (how many single/double points, downlights etc)

at your quoted carpentry work price, it better be a good quality type that should allow you to opt for sliding doors, larder units, soft closing, good grade laminates etc

also $3 tiles....ask them which tile shop/branch exactly...same tile can cost different prices even at different branches of the same company.

Yes, not doing toilet. Will ask about electrical and also tiles stuff. So the carpentry price on a higher side?

Contractors and IDs die alr.... Please don't forget ppl also have parents, wife, children to feed...Home owners please have mercy... :~

Carpentry works varies, some give cheap stuff, quote high price. Some give quality stuff, and high price; but worth.

And some price cheap, workmanship cheap, everything cheap cheap... and homeowners have nightmares!!

Sometimes depends on your luck... Happy Reno! :D

Contractors and IDs die alr.... Please don't forget ppl also have parents, wife, children to feed...Home owners please have mercy... :~

Carpentry works varies, some give cheap stuff, quote high price. Some give quality stuff, and high price; but worth.

And some price cheap, workmanship cheap, everything cheap cheap... and homeowners have nightmares!!

Sometimes depends on your luck... Happy Reno! :D

Quite agree with you. I have just sign with an ID today... he comes with a few years warranty on the products.. will try posting picture soon." Stress " :jawdrop: