Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

Hi Macuser77,

Just wondering where you got your &tradition and Design House Stockhom lightings.

Thanks.

Lightings - Final !

The &tradition is finally here...

8d546a7b1862f7976133745a178ffb73_zps8b06

yup, definitely exciting for us....
46bcaef3b482dbd0c22216d3c5a6a17c_zpsbfea

20130709_180057_zps63bb13de.jpg

Lamp looks crumpled because it is actually made of leather.

Colour is much vibrant. The cam phone doesn't do any justice !

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi greglhc,

We'll only be shifting in after the lunar 7th month, as it'll be very rush to shift in and clean everything by next week, and furthermore fridge will only arrive in nov / dec. :(

You can enquire from other forum members as there are some using rinnai.

Edited by macuser77

Hey hey! Hope you had a good weekend. Tried the laksa at alexandra food village! It is nice and lemak....agree that it is shiok... :) We got there at 3+....and we were 3rd in line!! :) Thanks for the tip!

Hi Vanessa ,

Any idea where can I buy cast iron pan ? Was at ck tang & can't find them. Heard they're best for cooking steak.

Edited by macuser77

cast iron pan...they have at tangs! Le creuset brand. But the scanpan ones are better.

Have you snooped ard amazon? I just got a great cast iron pot (le creuset) brand really cheap and delivery was free!

Hey hey! Hope you had a good weekend. Tried the laksa at alexandra food village! It is nice and lemak....agree that it is shiok... :) We got there at 3+....and we were 3rd in line!! :) Thanks for the tip!

But standard has dropped over the years. It's funny that most stalls don't maintain standards after getting famous.

There's another good laksa at kelantan lane, also known as the Sungei Rd laksa. The gravy is boiled using charcoal. It doesn't belong to the "lemak" category, and it's nice in an "old school" and "ordinary way" if you get what I mean :)

Edited by macuser77

Hi there,

Mind sharing where u found the chairs? Hv been looking all over as well.. Last resort was to get them on taobao n spray paint on my own...

Many thanks in advance!!!

:)

Hi there,

Mind sharing where u found the chairs? Hv been looking all over as well.. Last resort was to get them on taobao n spray paint on my own...

Hey,

I think the chairs are from Life Storey at Tai Seng.

Hope that helps.

Hi there,

Hi ProjectH,

More info on the chair provided, and yes they can be found at Design Store.

ee8d33a935db4c3d82b8a8a7319e134c_zpsf429

Edited by macuser77

After 4 months of wait...

The purchases from bo have finally arrived after some screw ups. Nevertheless, we were very happy with the service provided by the installers and the quality of the items. Though we bought only 3 items, they took a solid 3 hrs to install. Very impressed in their professionalism and they were very neat with minimal mess.

1ccc61ec6794c343f315e83580b58d0a_zps6d52

Dining table and sideboard: (to be frank we have not seen the real thing as they do not display all items. Luckily they looked better than online)

5b5a70be0880655ceb13f06f98b67b76_zps4ac5

We thought the table and sideboard could be easily shifted. Boy, were we wrong !

Dining chairs and fridge will only arrive in approx. 2 mths' time. Hopefully there'll be no delays.

Chest of drawers:

63ec25394fd8ba336ba537b9f0badf29_zps476e

We'll be taking our own sweet time in furnishing our place, as we will only shift in after the lunar 7th month. We still don't know why Mr.K was rushing to finish our project, as we have stressed to him umpteen times 慢慢來. And no, it was not because he wanted us to pay him asap but rather we guess it's his typical working style.

On a side note...

20130810_182543_zps25451b54.jpg

I was pretty impressed with the Black&Decker steam mop. The microfiber cloth from the steam mop was black from mopping even after my wife and i hand wiped the floor 3 times. I chose the black & decker over shark as of course, it's from black & decker, and its not as expensive as the shark.

Floor feels smooth after steam mopping, and I get a kick out from the whole process, knowing that the steam will break down stubborn stains.

Would recommend this to clean freaks like me.

Edited by macuser77

After 4 months of wait...

The purchases from bo has finally arrived after some screw ups. Nevertheless, we were very happy with the service provided by the installers and the quality of the items. Though we bought only 3 items, they took a solid 3 hrs to install. Very impressed in their professionalism and they were very neat with minimal mess.

1ccc61ec6794c343f315e83580b58d0a_zps6d52

Dining table and sideboard: (to be frank we have not seen the real thing as they do not display all items. Luckily they looked better than online)

5b5a70be0880655ceb13f06f98b67b76_zps4ac5

We thought the table and sideboard could be easily shifted. Boy, were we wrong !

Dining chairs and fridge will only arrive in approx. 2 mths' time. Hopefully there'll be no delays.

such clean lines on the table, nice!

Curtains and a bit more...

Quite a hectic day. Sofa, tv console, curtains, store racks arrived:

20130817_161057_zps6067ccad.jpg

9b3c7744-0160-4cf7-910f-63a70bb5e568_zps

6963ea01-b8da-4f02-86a9-7cef73fbd0a8_zps

b25da222cbd31686e81758da58ec4c29_zpse3bb

With the ugly telly:

11ade30e9ddf84ea3abdd366425898d3_zpsafa9

I personally think that the TV (which my wife insisted on) looks bad on the sideboard. However ,being TV addicts, she stressed that we shouldn't change our habits/lifestyle just because it doesn't look good, and so heck it. Hopefully the arrival of the fridge and dining chairs will draw away the attention away from the ugly telly.

Edited by macuser77