Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

just curious. how much % discount did he give u?

i didn't choose him in the end. But it wasn't because of the price of the quote. Just thought he might be bit too busy.

He forgot some of the stuff i spoke to him about during the discussion...

So chose the less busy ID/contractor lol.

Edited by lala81

On a side note...

20130810_182543_zps25451b54.jpg

I was pretty impressed with the Black&Decker steam mop. The microfiber cloth from the steam mop was black from mopping even after my wife and i hand wiped the floor 3 times. I chose the black & decker over shark as of course, it's from black & decker, and its not as expensive as the shark.

Floor feels smooth after steam mopping, and I get a kick out from the whole process, knowing that the steam will break down stubborn stains.

Would recommend this to clean freaks like me.

hi macuser77,

where you got this steam mop from...my husband also wanted the shark,..but seeing ur review...i told him to get this one instead...

On a side note...

I was pretty impressed with the Black&Decker steam mop. The microfiber cloth from the steam mop was black from mopping even after my wife and i hand wiped the floor 3 times. I chose the black & decker over shark as of course, it's from black & decker, and its not as expensive as the shark.

Floor feels smooth after steam mopping, and I get a kick out from the whole process, knowing that the steam will break down stubborn stains.

hi macuser77,

where you got this steam mop from...my husband also wanted the shark,..but seeing ur review...i told him to get this one instead...

to add on the question do you think this w work on cement screed floor? :)

Hi all!

Too lazy to learn multi quote, so will reply "manually"...

@ art:

Hi!

I bought it from self-fix. Frankly speaking I've not tried the shark. Reason for getting this is its brand haha.

On a side note, your reno is very well done!

@ oldskool:

HeLlo!

I'm not too sure as there's no cement screed mode on the mop.

But I personally won't take the risk as cement screed is porous. Even if yours is coated with a layer of waterproof lacquer or something, the hot steam may erode the protective layer in the long run. There's also a risk of leaving water marks.

@ cookiegal and all :

Wire can get in the way as you mop (just like a vacum cleaner if you get what I mean) I think all steam mops will have this wire issue unless there's a rechargeable 1 :)

The 2 pins on the power plug are thicker than norm, and it'll be troublesome to plug in and out as you switch places for mopping. I would suggest getting an adapter for it. And yes it is standard Singapore voltage, but I can't figure out why they come with that irritating fat pins.

For the amazon pros, yes its slightly cheaper over there. But you'll also need to shift the transformer frequently when you switch area. I personally think that it's not worth the money saved.

As for the water tank, I believe there'll be moulds/algae disgusting deposits after awhile even if you air it after use. So need to get those bendable sponge to clean (you'll get what mean if you use steam iron)

Hope my review helps !

Congrats bro! finally finished liao. time to do one whole set of swee swee pictures to let us "virtual tour" your place!

Hi mrmerry.

Sad to say full pics can only be up when the fridge and other misc things arrive.

By the way are you glad you didn't get the sound bar? For me the urge of getting 1 fades over time as I realised I can live without it. The sound from your sony should be decent enough :)

After 4 months of wait...

On a side note...

Hi Macuser,

Can share how much you got this steam mop for? Recently, I bought a steam mop from Robinsons (cost me $159) and I'm actually quite disappointed with it. Cos after steam mopping half my living room, it will start leaving water behind and as I go along, the floor gets wetter and wetter. Does this happen with the black & decker steam mop? I'm hoping to find a steam mop that actually steams and cleans without leaving my floor wet. ;)

just curious. how much % discount did he give u?

i didn't choose him in the end. But it wasn't because of the price of the quote. Just thought he might be bit too busy.

He forgot some of the stuff i spoke to him about during the discussion...

So chose the less busy ID/contractor lol.

Hi lala.

Discount was so insignificant we'd rather he don't give hahaha. But good la at least we know his quote is not luan luan lai 1.

Ya he can be quite forgetful at times :

Me: 你为甚麼不要写下来。

K : 不用啦

Hi Macuser,

Can share how much you got this steam mop for? Recently, I bought a steam mop from Robinsons (cost me $159) and I'm actually quite disappointed with it. Cos after steam mopping half my living room, it will start leaving water behind and as I go along, the floor gets wetter and wetter. Does this happen with the black & decker steam mop? I'm hoping to find a steam mop that actually steams and cleans without leaving my floor wet. ;)

Hi 3Dyms.

The mop does get slightly damp. But it regains its "normal" state after a few wipes. I forgot the exact price, but should be around 150 also, as I remember it being 30 odd cheaper than the shark

Hi 3Dyms.

The mop does get slightly damp. But it regains its "normal" state after a few wipes. I forgot the exact price, but should be around 150 also, as I remember it being 30 odd cheaper than the shark

Thanks for the info. Which Home Fix did you get it from? Was there any Demo set?

Thanks for the info. Which Home Fix did you get it from? Was there any Demo set?

Got it from self-fix at pasir ris white sands. Not too sure if home fix sells them. I wouldn't recommend the white sands outlet as the sales staff has zero knowledge on the product and isn't helpful. I'd recommend the 1 in vivo. Staff is helpful with demo .

Thank you!!!

will pester my hubby to go vivo to get one...

hehehe but i love ur house...so much space...mine so small...

now in d midst of putting things together...cannot wait for ur smeg fridge...

my bosch fridge the freezer soooo tiny, just like my house...heheeh next fridge, aiming for bigger one...

hehehe