Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jimbo

Help Please! My Electrical Quote Seems High

Hi I'm currently renovating my old condo so doing full re-wiring.

My ID gave me this quote and seems really high based on prices in this forum! He tell me cos I doing full re-wiring and just pulling wires from existing points hence pricing is like this. Any views?

• Storage water heater point $160
  • Telephone point (direct to MDB) $105
  • SCV direct to main box $210
  • Single point (13Amp x 1) $90
  • Double point (13Amp x 1) $200
  • Single phrase 32A isolator (for aircon) $380
  • new Fan point $85
  • new lighting point $60
  • New dimmer switch $85
  • Installation of household lights $15
  • 2-way switch $80
  • DB upgrading of existing circuits and new DB housing $1500
  • Provide 20 Amp oven and induction point $210

Plus on top of all that, there's an extra $1500 for a licensed electrical works endorsement by LEW - I thought all electrical works supposed to be carried out by LEW in first place??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

for your info, my double point cost me $60 (ID price), which is already on the high side. Market rate is around $50.00.

I dun think u need a LEW endorsement for this kinda work..

Hi I'm currently renovating my old condo so doing full re-wiring.

My ID gave me this quote and seems really high based on prices in this forum! He tell me cos I doing full re-wiring and just pulling wires from existing points hence pricing is like this. Any views?

• Storage water heater point $160
  • Telephone point (direct to MDB) $105
  • SCV direct to main box $210
  • Single point (13Amp x 1) $90
  • Double point (13Amp x 1) $200
  • Single phrase 32A isolator (for aircon) $380
  • new Fan point $85
  • new lighting point $60
  • New dimmer switch $85
  • Installation of household lights $15
  • 2-way switch $80
  • DB upgrading of existing circuits and new DB housing $1500
  • Provide 20 Amp oven and induction point $210

Plus on top of all that, there's an extra $1500 for a licensed electrical works endorsement by LEW - I thought all electrical works supposed to be carried out by LEW in first place??

pls sack your ID immediately. He's not respecting you as a customer.

I cannot imagine what other things he is quoting you other then the electrical works.

Thanks for your replies! When I raise that the prices seem high, his explanation is that if I just using existing points and wires, the prices would be totally cheaper, but here he has to re-lay all new wiring hence increased prices, which sounded reasonable to me cos i'm really newbie at this...

But I guess from your replies that I'm just being super chopped. Would really appreciate if you all can give me pointers on market prices for some of the really more crazy expensive items in the quote...like wld the pricing for double point be more than $50 if it's concealed wiring?

Thanks so much!

jimbo,

i noticed yours are a condo. Renovation cost for condo is generally higher compared to HDB. Same applies to landed/private properties.

The pricing i'm quoting is to re-lay cable from the DB, but is an exposed trunking. If you are looking for concealed wiring, pricing will naturally be higher. It's quite labour intensive. They need to cut the wall and plaster back. I'm not too sure about the market price for concealed wiring works.

Just to share some other costing that my ID quoted me, for your reference. Please bear in mind, the costing stated below are for exposed wiring.

Labour to install light - $10 per pc

18way DB - S$360.00

TV point - $95.00

Fan Point/light point - $35.00

Labour to install fan - $40.00 per pc

the prices indicated by the various forum posts should be all new points. So he is BS you about using existing points and wires which comes under relocating or replacing those points and they are also lower than new points.

Thanks a lot Espken! Will PM you