Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oonik grl

Laminate Flooring

I wonder the brand of Kronotex, Krono Original, Krono+swiss and Kronofix are in Kronoswiss group? Can anyone able to clarify them? :rolleyes::unsure:

Edited by matpower

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Anybody use Floorrich? Heard from my ID that they are same as Supreme.

they are different companies, one is a distributor of brands and the other is a local brand of laminate flooring. their products may be quite confusing with all the techs input but the products are different in terms of quality and offerings. should go and check out their showrooms and products and esp. services. no matter how good the product can be made to sound, ultimately you will need good service and also make sure that the company doesnt close down in the next 2-3 years!

i got kronotex for the whole house except kitchen and toilet.

we signed up at their roadshow at expo

paid $7.20 for the Mammut range.

AC5 for commercial use

LOVE it!

Hi

Did u get urs at the recent luxury living exhibition at EXPO? I was there but didnt noticed Kronotex. I signed up with Krono Original for my whole house except kitchen and toilet too. Expo price is $4.50 for the Castello (AC4) range and $5.50 for the Dream (AC5) and Step (AC4) ranges. The $5.50 ones has the 2 dimensional feel hence more natural. They are launching a new range in larger pieces which cost $7.50.

Dear all,

Good day to you.

Do introduce myself. I am a sub-contractor of Laminate Floor at Singapore for several years. I able to offer various quality wood flooring with lifetime warranty, with special lower price to end user. If you have any touch up or damage on your wood flooring, I also able to provide touch up services for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me, Mr Ang and my contact number is +65 90437755.

Wish all of you have a nice day. :yamseng:

Ang K. W.

+65 90437755

just wanna know for laminated flooring, if forgot to close window and it rains heavily and soak the laminate flooring, will it POP or rot if no one is at home to dry it up immediately? anyone experience this before?

Or which brand/grade offer better resistance to water?

just wanna know for laminated flooring, if forgot to close window and it rains heavily and soak the laminate flooring, will it POP or rot if no one is at home to dry it up immediately? anyone experience this before?

Or which brand/grade offer better resistance to water?

I had asked similar question before but no direct answer... suppose no1 encounter before, neither do I want to encounter too...

I believe still-water over long hours and frequent occurrence will damage laminate floor. Also water will sip between gaps to inside of flooring and in long term, cause more harm..

I think company that say their board is resistance to water may means small quantity of water, in the form droplets... and still-water to be wipe off asap... One disadvantage of laminate floor is, they scare of water..

I had asked similar question before but no direct answer... suppose no1 encounter before, neither do I want to encounter too...

I believe still-water over long hours and frequent occurrence will damage laminate floor. Also water will sip between gaps to inside of flooring and in long term, cause more harm..

I think company that say their board is resistance to water may means small quantity of water, in the form droplets... and still-water to be wipe off asap... One disadvantage of laminate floor is, they scare of water..

acevin, the reply I got from the krono-o guy was that water seepages can happen at two places: at the floor edges; which are covered by the wall skirtings or trims, and the floor joints.

If you are willing to pay for the additional cost, the floor edges near the windows can be protected with a type of expandable sealant, and their floor joints already come with the clickguard sealant.

Btw, scare = emotion, and I never thought of laminate floor as being emotional :D

I have previously paid a deposit for the laminate at the fair in Feb/Mar. But now all the contractors I encountered discouraged the use of laminate. They keep saying the scratch and water resistant are all bluff!

I told them maybe those laminates they are using are mainly for China and Malaysia hence have poorer quality as compared to this german brand. But to them, it's all gimmick.

I am now worried that the quality of the actual products might differ greatly from the samples that they used to demostrate.

Any comments regarding my concern?

I have previously paid a deposit for the laminate at the fair in Feb/Mar. But now all the contractors I encountered discouraged the use of laminate. They keep saying the scratch and water resistant are all bluff!

I told them maybe those laminates they are using are mainly for China and Malaysia hence have poorer quality as compared to this german brand. But to them, it's all gimmick.

I am now worried that the quality of the actual products might differ greatly from the samples that they used to demostrate.

Any comments regarding my concern?

That is bollicks as the British say it :) Don't worry.

I've seen ten years old laminate floors looking the better for wear than even tile and marble. On the other hand, I do aggree that the Chinese stuff are horrible.

acevin, the reply I got from the krono-o guy was that water seepages can happen at two places: at the floor edges; which are covered by the wall skirtings or trims, and the floor joints.

If you are willing to pay for the additional cost, the floor edges near the windows can be protected with a type of expandable sealant, and their floor joints already come with the clickguard sealant.

Btw, scare = emotion, and I never thought of laminate floor as being emotional :D

Mine is also from Krono-o and clickguard had been applied to all joints.. but that largely dependent on the skill of the installer..

Some other brand of laminate flooring may not apply sealant too.

In fact it should be the owner who are emotional... :)

Hi All!

I find it amusing that we should be so concerned with flooring tile "brands". I mean, whether I installed the most expensive flooring brand or normal brand, I won't notice the difference since I can't tell them apart, isn't it? The only difference is whether the tiles meet users' expectation and are durable. When I was renovating my home no user had reported their long-term usage experience and therefore I didn't know if more expensive brands like Pergo, Kronotec, etc wld be preferable over normal brands like Supreme or Premier, etc. Thus, to get an idea of quality and reliability issues, I went to the mfr's site and read up on their production standards and quality to get some idea. I also read up on users' experience for reliability and durability issues. Thus when I chose Premier at least I knew what I was buying and paying for.

So far - 3+ yrs after installation and usage - I have not encountered any problem with my ordinary Premier brand of laminated flooring. In fact, it has been problem-free so far. And the only maintenance I did was to use a mop that was squeezed as "dry" as I could. Sometimes liquid was accidentally spilled when I was busy doing something. And I cleaned up later after completing what I had been occupied with i.e. 5-10 minutes later. In other words, no need to be kang-cheong with spillage. As long as you clean up within a reasonable time I think the flooring should be unaffected. I say that based on logic, bcoz if a product is damaged so easily the mfr'er would start getting complaints and would quickly go out of business. They know most people don't clean up that fast (or forget to do immediately), so unless they don't care about their quality, reputation and long-term business they will make products to meet minimum quality standards and satisfy users' expectation.

Maybe I will have a different opinion of my Premier tiles after 5, 10 yrs of usage? I don't know. However, I tend to think that if a product can last 3+ yrs with no problems, then it should be good for 10 yrs. Therefore, I will go for normal brands, esp those with no bad users' experience, and so far I am not aware of any bad user experience with either Supreme or Premier. Or have I missed out on something? I think if you exercise normal care your laminated flooring should withstand normal wear-and-tear.

That said, I want to point out I have been wrong before. Example: I previously thought all acrylic worktops were the same but found out otherwise! My acrylic worktop was a case in point. There is one major difference though. My acrylic worktop was produced by a local factory on-an-adhoc basis i.e. the factory produced the acrylic worktop based on the ID/Contractor "made-to-measure" order to fit my home worktop. It was not mass-produced, and perhaps didn't met minimum specified standards, or perhaps the chemical mix (raw mtrl cost rise and fall) might have been varied for my order to meet internal profit or cost yardsticks. In my case I think my acrylic worktop was sub-standard, maybe had an inferior chemical mix. You can read more on that on my blog. Laminated floor tiles are produced in large quantities for the market (due to the nature of the production equipment). Any negative mkt feedback will therefore impact future sales and profit, much more than factories producing on a one-to-one adhoc basis. That is, laminated floor tile makers cannot be careless or slipshod with quality standards.

So, if you want to save, Premier is good for me, at least for the past 3+ yrs.

cheers

Edited by BlueFly

Mine is also from Krono-o and clickguard had been applied to all joints.. but that largely dependent on the skill of the installer..

Some other brand of laminate flooring may not apply sealant too.

In fact it should be the owner who are emotional... :)

Lol Yes, witnessed my neighbour gone hysterical over her Chinese laminate floor.

Mine is not installed yet, but saw that you are quite happy with yours in the krono-o thread. :yamseng:

There is an old saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"; which means a small amount of knowledge can mislead people into thinking that they are more expert than they really are.

Reputable Brands highlights the strength of their products: their consistancy in maintaining quality, innovations, developments, new designs etc, ahead of others.

Brands such as Premier, Supreme, Floorrich, Firmafloor, Excel, Vohlinger, Vista, Foreign Unique, Krono-Fix, Kronoloc are "house-brand" of distribution companies here, which are manufacture by OEM (original equipment manufacturer) sources, mostly from China. You can only access information on the Distributor's website of their claims; which are difficult if not impossible to validate, But they will not reveal who the manufacturers are.

With little to no information on their supply chain; buying their products can be tricky, sometimes you are lucky; no problems, other times you may not be so lucky.

Yes, branding can also be about sophistry.

Supreme for example got the Super Brand award many many years ago, and you can see them playing that 60sec of glory video over and over again at exhibitions. Few realized that the award has more to do with their marketing skill, and not the products. :D

Pergo is another example. When one thinks about Pergo, it's about the "original" Pergo introduced here more than a decade ago, and was manufactured by Pergo in Sweden. Few knew that the current Family range with the Pergo brand is from an OEM source in Malaysia, and of a completely different production method from Pergo Sweden. As matter of fact, if you go to the official Pergo website, you will not be able to locate the Pergo Family products there.

In today's age of information, my recommendation is to buy from companies who are more open with information on their products and supply chain, which can also be easily validated.