Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBeruang

Laminate Flooring (Not Looking For Vinly Flooring)

Hi all,

I have in mind few vendors on laminate flooring and I hope to have feed back if anyone uses them:

1. Evorich

2. Vohringer

3. Krono Asia

4. Supreme Flooring

If anyone have others do share and I would consider using in my reno design

Regards

BB

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My ID recommended Supreme and said that it is one of the better suppliers.

Try pergo or inovar?

both i hear good but i use inovar about a year ago..still look new to me.

Hi all,

I have in mind few vendors on laminate flooring and I hope to have feed back if anyone uses them:

1. Evorich

2. Vohringer

3. Krono Asia

4. Supreme Flooring

If anyone have others do share and I would consider using in my reno design

Regards

BB

I 100% agreed with Tutkoh.

Use European brand, they have more experience & do floor treatment before doing the lamination thus more durable. For the European brand, choose the series that are manufactured in Malaysia using tropical wood to handle the kind of humidity and temperature expected in the tropics.

For pricing, Supreme is as expensive as Prego, but Supreme workmanship/under lying material is extremely horrible!

I agree with Supreme bad workmanship,however i heard that European plank tend to warp faster compare to Malaysia brand right? due to the tropical weather we have here? Not sure if it is true.Just my 5cent worth of thoughts (:

Some useful information, do not let this happen to you. I request for 4 quote from different supplier regarding laminate flooring and carpet for my home. Never never choose from the lowest quote. I will just cut the story short.

Salesman A ( lowest price ) came show us all the laminate sample and carpet sample. We need to do laminate flooring for our living room and two bed room and the audio room for carpet. Show sample quote us around $3.00psf for laminate flooring. (made in germany or german technology) lump sum for carpet : $800. So we confirm with him because the price seem to be the lowest and the sample look pretty nice. The day installation came. Two group of worker came to do installation. Nightmare begin

salesman call up: I thought u will remove the skirting yourself????? Since when we say, additional cost , the door too low we need to help you to trim another additional cost. Hack away skirting $350 and trim door $70 each. WTF another addition cost they need more man power coz got furniture to move here and there. Unless I can get someone to help or Another $150.

The carpet also got problem. The carpet came but I do not see any cushion below. Promise that the feel is like those hotel type but carpet came without the cushion. Need cushion addition cost. $500. My god.......... Told my hubby on the phone. He say ask them to leave and take all the laminate flooring and carpet away. Stop work. Then they say they want to sue us for all the materials. We already lost the $600 deposit. We just take it as a lession. Anyway I leave it to my hubby to settle with them.

So we call the second highest quote. This salman came show us laminate and carpet sample. Laminate flooring from Malaysia and carpet from Taiwan. Quote us $3.80psf. Before we ask more question, he told us the price will be include this n include that. He good he told us all the problem and all the hidden cost. For the carpet quote us $1500 the price a bit high but guarantee good quality. Took out a lighter to burn the carpet wow fire proof carpet. So we confirm with him and three day later all job completed.

What we like about him. Honest, responsible, came and made sure the worker did the job well.

What we dun like about him. Too many call during our meeting and talk got mix with hokkien sometime we dun understand what he say.

This is their company www.jlconcepts.com.sg

For sharing the above information I am not been paid or getting anything from them

Laminated floorings is an in-expensive floor covering,that cut down on the cost of hacking.There are many various brands out in the market being proposed by interior designer firms.It,will likely have a diversifation of different qualities in terms of the many various brands.Google is a fantastic way to find out the standing of the laminate brand,instead of relying on the lip services of many a saleppl.

It saves the trouble of getting into buying the wrong floor n living to regret it throughout your staying in period in our home sweet home.

i did mine with Wood Culture. Berryloc from Europe.

So far so good. Ask for the silver insulation betweem wood and floor. It prevent that floaty feel.

Wood culture?can't seem to find out much information about them in google.Is it a new company?Can post out some of the floor job done @ your place for us to have an idea how aesthetically nice it is.Will appreciate it.

Wood culture?can't seem to find out much information about them in google.Is it a new company?Can post out some of the floor job done @ your place for us to have an idea how aesthetically nice it is.Will appreciate it.

I think you should be able to find wood culture from yahoo search. i did 2 types of wood laminate from them (6mm and 8mm thick exclude the insualtion thickness).

I don't know how to post photo here but you can PM me and i will try take some pic for you.

I have tested different types of laminate (mostly from shops and friends house), So far i find this WC's Berryloc the best in term of the feel. Then again, don't expect them to feel as hardy as parquet flooring. They are afterall less then half its pricing.

No wonder can't be found,did a search on the more popular search engine,google & found a few well-heard of brands such as Kronotex,Krono O Asia,Evorich(waterproof laminate floors),Pergo,Vohringer & Oriqin floors.Am picking a neutral view on all this floor brands,One that suits my color requirements and needs.Not interested in floor/interior salesppl hawking away their wares in this forum.

Hi,

Inovar is a good brand to try and price wise definitely reasonable. Inovar have a range from AC3 to AC5 quality. And the quality is comparable to Pergo. You may want PM me for more details.

Did a research on this Inovar,will have to agree that it is a reasonable flooring brand.However,having run through the www.eplf.com web portal,i found those floor decors in the European floor brands are more to my liking.The designs are more upmarket and relative to the modernise trendy world.Food for thought.