Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Artist123

Carpentry Work For My Masterbed Room

10) no way they are going to change this but I'm really so so upset to see such quality of material and work.

This is the interior of the wardrobe. Look at the PVC laminated on a rough wood.

th_BA64918F-68EE-4368-9166-CF58E89471A9-30548-00003E91C399EB59.jpg

This is my 6th experience in carpentry renovations. Once in my dad's house, once in my MIL house and 3 times for my kitchen, living area and my study room. Non I have much complain on the workmanship. Only quality for my kitchen cabinets. But still, it's not as terrible as this one. I probably tear down everything in 2-3 years time.

Having to pay $8k for such quality. It's much more ex than the depreciation of my car. Worst is the amount of time they dragged.

And what surprised me was the carpenter told me that they have installed a few projects here and non complaint. My response was, because they are new to Reno, that is perhaps why they don't have any comparison. The foreman told my hubby that the thickness of the door is the latest requirement. Huh? I just have my living room TV console built 2 years ago. Even my sofa comes with side drawers which I bought last year is 19mm thick.

Edited by Artist123

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

10) no way they are going to change this but I'm really so so upset to see such quality of material and work.

This is the interior of the wardrobe. Look at the PVC laminated on a rough wood.

th_BA64918F-68EE-4368-9166-CF58E89471A9-30548-00003E91C399EB59.jpg

This is my 6th experience in carpentry renovations. Once in my dad's house, once in my MIL house and 3 times for my kitchen, living area and my study room. Non I have much complain on the workmanship. Only quality for my kitchen cabinets. But still, it's not as terrible as this one. I probably tear down everything in 2-3 years time.

Having to pay $8k for such quality. It's much more ex than the depreciation of my car. Worst is the amount of time they dragged.

And what surprised me was the carpenter told me that they have installed a few projects here and non complaint. My response was, because they are new to Reno, that is perhaps why they don't have any comparison. The foreman told my hubby that the thickness of the door is the latest requirement. Huh? I just have my living room TV console built 2 years ago. Even my sofa comes with side drawers which I bought last year is 19mm thick.

OMG!! :jawdrop:

Hi Artist123, the damages and worksmanship done are really shocking for me... Totally unacceptable :bangwall:

Sorry to hear it's not going well.

I think reno business is very hit or miss, you never know what you are going to get.

Thanks, Yandm & mkv. I actually wanted to use a reputable carpenter with 20 years of experience. They even invited me to their factory to see their quality which I'm pleased with. But my hubby insisted to give this new setup a try saying they will be more diligent because they are trying to build their reputation. Unfortunately, they hired the wrong carpenter. I wouldn't use them if I knew their carpenter is from Malaysia. Not that Malaysia carpenters are no good, but the thought of the Standards and requirements may be very different from here. And indeed they prove it well.

Now I have to try to save some money to redo my masterbed room all over again cause it will not surprise me if it wear and tear within the next 2-3 years or any damages comes along the way. :( And it may cost more in 2-3 years time. :dunno:

I insisted to get this tie rack for my hubby. It hangs 27 ties. And look, you can hang the belts too. :rolleyes:

th_D1A5CBD4-5CBC-4719-A58C-3DE9A476B645-30548-00003E7578CC8E8B.jpg

I also get one for myself. They have the belt rack but it can only hang 12. So I got the same tie rack. See, I can have my accessories displayed well enough for me to match my clothings. ;)

th_45763EB7-CAF3-48A0-9931-5BDA3102E2B8-30548-00003E757E17459C.jpg

In case you are wondering, I got the door handles from Seawalk.

These handles are not very ex, so don't let your ID charge you extra for it. It's a few dollars ($2-$4) unless you get from Hafele which can cost $16 per pcs, but their design are really nice.

th_FC1897E5-A4E0-4621-BC46-318FF8080FBB-31266-00003F29D033C926.jpg

Edited by Artist123

The carpenter boss came to my residence today while I was out and when we discussed on the drawers, he told me that the depth of the drawers are different due to the bar holding onto the table. I came back and check on the drawers and found this horrible sharp edged bar just above the drawers. The bar is not filed smoothly nor it was covered properly.

th_D61BE58C-9B37-4334-A94D-C4052178F3A2-31266-00003F40FA546E7A.jpg

What is this??? :furious:

No news from the ID and the carpenter after a week when the carpenter boss came to see all the workmanship and the quality that they provided. Even the electrician did not response to my smses to finish up the LED lights. Those who PM me to ask for further info. I can only finalized my view towards hiring them when everything is rectified. Yes, they may provide such quality but whether or not are they responsible enough to rectify and improve their workmanship and quality will have the final say to their reputation.

I'm still waiting... ...

We customized this mirror to match the overall design of our room. Local made and the mirror is from Japan. In the reflection is the wardrobe. With a laundry basket from Robinsons.

th_472EE38D-AB95-4E75-9C4C-99A8F844E2D7-33022-000042670628B6A8.jpg

What the carpenter provided

th_A6E28D93-51F5-448A-9DFE-CDC24B46C9C2-33022-000042645E71C0AD.jpg

How a wardrobe basket should look like.

th_7FD383A9-A361-4DDB-8A2E-54A5018A8E71-33022-00004264463B4678.jpg

th_CE32D991-8708-4B44-8684-F469ED0ADBD1-33022-000042643E7961B6.jpg

Its good to have homeowners like you around to save the responsible IDs and Contractors! A million thanks! But this newbies in reno industries is killing the rest of the good newbies! Sad to see that....sigh

I guess being responsible in whatever we do is really crucial in all aspect of life. I'm really sad that people nowadays do not mind carrying the load of guilt being irresponsible. I really can't imagine the legacy they will leave to their next generation.

Take example D--s--n Cl---t that we initially liase with. He has 2 young kids. But his "hack care" attitude is not only going to give the Reno industry a bad name, he is really setting a bad example to his kids.

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

:disturb:

Edited by Artist123

I guess being responsible in whatever we do is really crucial in all aspect of life. I'm really sad that people nowadays do not mind carrying the load of guilt being irresponsible. I really can't imagine the legacy they will leave to their next generation.

Take example D--s--n Cl---t that we initially liase with. He has 2 young kids. But his "hack care" attitude is not only going to give the Reno industry a bad name, he is really setting a bad example to his kids.

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

:disturb:

There are always such ppl around to outshine the ones with good attitudes.:D This is life. And we live once... its one's choice to be good or bad... up there is giving us the freedom of choice.

Its a phase of change in mankind, if everyone has the right attitude, there's a brighter tomorrow for the next generation. This is Karma of life.:D