Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
juxstapose

Journey To Our Home =)

Some pics from IKEA:

The white countertop with grey specks looks prettier IRL. This has a more country feel to it, but black knobs on the off-white cabinet with panneling gives off a warm, cozy vibe.

ikeawhitecabinetsblackk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This looks a little more modern n sleek.The handles are good for hanging kitchen cloths. Only grouse is that they could make the area abit brighter.

ikeabrowncabinetswhitet.jpg

Which would better fit the Scandi theme?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Teofamily!

The extension was initially agreed already, for that they lowered the COV a little.

Come to think of it we might have been able to nego a little more, but since they seemed really sincere seller n nice people, nevermind la.

I just hope the handover is smooth!

The WIW would ideally be just in front of the Master toilet. But Most likely I'm scraping the idea, dont want all the moisture from the toilet getting to the clothes. Saw a folding door concept for the wardrobe that the showflat at Qbay used. Maybe I'll opt for that instead.

What changes would u be doing for your home?

Edited by juxstapose

This chair is too cute for words.

If its not appropriate enuff for the dining, I'll think of some other use for it. The curved back makes resting on it quite comfy :P Stackable too. Good to stock up some for guests. Better than stools. But the price tag not so :o

prettyikeawoodchair.jpg

Aso found pretty wooden high chairs for our raised counter top.

See the white one under the spotlight? Above it is the brown version.

ikeawhitenbrownhighstoo.jpg

I really should start looking for these on Taobao.

Edited by juxstapose

I prefer the 2nd kitchen from Ikea.

But I will prefer not to have handle, as my dog bite off the current handles... :bangwall:

I thinking if WIW outside the toilet too, but maybe should add sliding doors?

Some pics from IKEA:

The white countertop with grey specks looks prettier IRL. This has a more country feel to it, but black knobs on the off-white cabinet with panneling gives off a warm, cozy vibe.

ikeawhitecabinetsblackk.jpg

This looks a little more modern n sleek.The handles are good for hanging kitchen cloths. Only grouse is that they could make the area abit brighter.

ikeabrowncabinetswhitet.jpg

Which would better fit the Scandi theme?

Hi.

We love the IKEA kitchens too. Each has a different feel and I am comfortable having any of those in my home. In the end we decided on the a design close to the one in the top pic (off-white w grooves). We had a choice of using IKEA cabinet doors/hinges or getting the carpenter to just carve the grooves into his cabinet doors. Finally we decided to let the carpenter to do it. It will not be exactly the same effect since the grooves must be cut from one end to the other, not in the middle. The IKEA option is slightly more expensive and has some size limitations.

All the best in your reno!

Hi Benauhc, What flooring did you use on your kitchen to match ur kitchen cabinets?

Hm..Just wondering, isit worth laminating over 16 year old tiles? Worry whether the old tiles will 'pop-up' n screw up my laminated floor one day.

I prefer the 2nd kitchen from Ikea.

But I will prefer not to have handle, as my dog bite off the current handles... :bangwall:

I thinking if WIW outside the toilet too, but maybe should add sliding doors?

Your dog can bite off even the metal handles? Wow!

Found some info on Warm/Cool lights.

http://www.rightlight.govt.nz/residential/lighting-style/which-white-is-right

http://www.bestlightingbuy.com/color-difference.html

Whether lights are Warm/Cool just depends on the bulb, right? Found some pretty lights from Taobao :D

Lights can be cheap from TB but plus give yourself one month buffer time to ship by sea or else it will costs you a bomb. I just paid almost $200 for 4 lamp shades, 2 pendant light bulb holders and 10pcs of lightbulbs coz I chose to ship by DHL with takes 2 days to reach Singapore. By the way, most of the lights you see in Lush Lush or Balestier can be found at TB. Happy shopping.

Hi Benauhc, What flooring did you use on your kitchen to match ur kitchen cabinets?

Hm..Just wondering, isit worth laminating over 16 year old tiles? Worry whether the old tiles will 'pop-up' n screw up my laminated floor one day.

Dark Wood Flooring would have gone well with the white cabinets. However as we were already using dark wood HERF vinyls for the rest of the house, we decided to go with something lighter for the kitchen. In the end, we chose this.

8503394887_ab82b4d97f_o.jpg

Won't be able to tell how it turns out until after the reno. We are not doing scandi, so we can afford to try something different.

We are laying HERF vinyls over 28 year old tiles. We had inspected the original flooring to ensure the tiles are even and in okay condition. If any of the tiles pop out later on, we need only repair the damaged section and HERF tiles can relayed. Better check if you can do the same for laminates.

Mr K really very busy, to see him on a weekend need to wait a month! And he doesn't seem to do Sundays. Trying to arrange a weekday instead.

Will Taobao have this?

prettiestchair.jpg

Edited by juxstapose

Mr K really very busy, to see him on a weekend need to wait a month! And he doesn't seem to do Sundays. Trying to arrange a weekday instead.

Yes we booked our weekday appointment with him a month ago! And have to meet him near his project...

K is good but his price laagi better. If you can afford his pricing, go for him. So far from what I see in the forums, his projects are all completed at a short time with minimal fuss and utmost satisfaction from his clients. Cheers...