Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kon

Buy Aircon From....?

One of the IDs I met told me that G**n C**y will charge if you need extra trunking.......thats why he recommend ALL B*st......anyone ever experienced that?

I went GC for a check last week...when talking to the salesman, he did mention to me they can give unlimited trunking as well... so pls ask from them otherwise they will act blur n charge u for extra trunking...

However i heard that they use bangala workers to do the trunking.... so i din really wan to use them also

i think it depend on the brand of air con i guess.. i went gain city in IMM... it is more exp then hong tar... was quote for panasonic for $2100 at IMM gain city.. went Hong tar at $2000. :D

Funny thing is i looking for the toshiba system 4...went GC in IMM..was quoted 3400...went hong tar...they quote me 3800 thou...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I went GC for a check last week...when talking to the salesman, he did mention to me they can give unlimited trunking as well... so pls ask from them otherwise they will act blur n charge u for extra trunking...

However i heard that they use bangala workers to do the trunking.... so i din really wan to use them also

Funny thing is i looking for the toshiba system 4...went GC in IMM..was quoted 3400...went hong tar...they quote me 3800 thou...

Today was at IMM GC, I asked him whether they hire BANGLAs for installation.

He told me they hv a few. He told me they are "MOST EXPERIENCED":dunno:!

:D

He told me they hv a few. He told me they are "MOST EXPERIENCED"!!!

:dancingqueen:

Hmm.. so they lying loh... the GC salesman I talked to say they only hire Chinese...

Hmm.. so they lying loh... the GC salesman I talked to say they only hire Chinese...

i went to IMM GC and AB on last sunday... checked on the pricing, installation, cable, warranty etc for Toshiba Sys 3 Non-inverter...

Just to share:

GC:

pricing was $1650, use armacel class 1 rubber tubing.. Got Branding award.. the copper wire was from another company (i forgot the name), made in Thailand. when i asked who is gonna do the installation, the salesman said usually Singaporean Chinese or Malaysian Chinese. I asked how abt bangla... he said they also have bangla but usually they do project work... unless no enuf manpower.. but he assured me that their skills are as good or even better than the rest.... :)

as for installation, they only go down one trip... run the cable and up the units.. if you want 5 years installation warranty, buy at $299. if not, the std warranty applies...

AB:

pricing was $1628. Case Trust registered. The uncle said only 2 aircon companies registered. the other one is Coolserve, i think... the copper wire and rubber tubing is from same company, called Touchline?? sorry, i cant remember the name liao... :P

installation done by Singaporean or Malaysian Chinese... they will go 2 trips.. one to run the cable.. another to fix the units up... he said this will facilitate the ID works... now they having promo.. warranty for 5 years by them throw in foc.. when i asked abt the thickness of the cable, he said not much diff... he knows that neighbour will encourage thicker cable... meaning to add $$.. he said dun waste money like that.. no need... really want, he can charge cheaper... only give him earn more comms.. :P

in the end, i got my set from AB.. cos the uncle seems to be more honest, set cheaper, 5 years warranty at no xtra charge and the convenience.. they go 2 trips... also means i can pay by 2 times instalments... :)

Edited by zacey

i went to IMM GC and AB on last sunday... checked on the pricing, installation, cable, warranty etc for Toshiba Sys 3 Non-inverter...

Just to share:

GC:

pricing was $1650, use armacel class 1 rubber tubing.. Got Branding award.. the copper wire was from another company (i forgot the name), made in Thailand. when i asked who is gonna do the installation, the salesman said usually Singaporean Chinese or Malaysian Chinese. I asked how abt bangla... he said they also have bangla but usually they do project work... unless no enuf manpower.. but he assured me that their skills are as good or even better than the rest.... :)

as for installation, they only go down one trip... run the cable and up the units.. if you want 5 years installation warranty, buy at $299. if not, the std warranty applies...

AB:

pricing was $1628. Case Trust registered. The uncle said only 2 aircon companies registered. the other one is Coolserve, i think... the copper wire and rubber tubing is from same company, called Touchline?? sorry, i cant remember the name liao... :P

installation done by Singaporean or Malaysian Chinese... they will go 2 trips.. one to run the cable.. another to fix the units up... he said this will facilitate the ID works... now they having promo.. warranty for 5 years by them throw in foc.. when i asked abt the thickness of the cable, he said not much diff... he knows that neighbour will encourage thicker cable... meaning to add $$.. he said dun waste money like that.. no need... really want, he can charge cheaper... only give him earn more comms.. :P

in the end, i got my set from AB.. cos the uncle seems to be more honest, set cheaper, 5 years warranty at no xtra charge and the convenience.. they go 2 trips... also means i can pay by 2 times instalments... :)

The rubber insulator is call Totalline if I did not remember wrongly.

The 5 years warranty any condition? I heard they will only honour the warranty if u use their maintanance service every year.

Overall they still quite ok. I got friend's aircon did by them and did not hear him complain.

One good thing on GC is they accept credit card, but dunno abt the GC in IMM. My parent hse aircon did by GC and their wokmanship is good and after sale service is good, even call back to check a few weeks after installation.

Edited by cookie

The rubber insulator is call Totalline if I did not remember wrongly.

The 5 years warranty any condition? I heard they will only honour the warranty if u use their maintanance service every year.

Overall they still quite ok. I got friend's aircon did by them and did not hear him complain.

One good thing on GC is they accept credit card, but dunno abt the GC in IMM. My parent hse aircon did by GC and their wokmanship is good and after sale service is good, even call back to check a few weeks after installation.

ya ya... totalline... goodness me.. i really dreaming.. :P

ya, got condition of course.. they give you $120 voucher which you can use for each unit maintenance charge... sth like rebate... they called it limited warranty... but that was not my primary concern lah...

He told me they hv a few. He told me they are "MOST EXPERIENCED"!!!

:(

Hello cookie,

May I know how much did they charge you for the Mitsubishi?

I got mine from Kaisoon.

Their Mit aircon cheapest, service not bad.

Hello cookie,

May I know how much did they charge you for the Mitsubishi?

i think it depend on the brand of air con i guess.. i went gain city in IMM... it is more exp then hong tar... was quote for panasonic for $2100 at IMM gain city.. went Hong tar at $2000. :paint:

Is ya panasonic non-inverter system3?

I just signed with Natural Cool for Panasonic non-inverter system3 CU-3C20GKH and CS-C9GKZW*3 for $1729 including stainless steel bracket, plus '"trade-in of existing a/c" (which I think is a marketing gimmick).

Initially I call their hot-line, and they say only 1 trip, extra trip need to pay. But i was recommended to a guy call Gary by my ID, and he ok with as many trips as my ID needs, now at 3 trips.

Not sure if this is a good buy, but seems much cheaper than the quotes i got from IMM AB and GC, $1849 and $1949 respectively.

Hopefully they do a good job..

Edited by tootee

yapz.. better to know what are the thickness of the insulators, core wire, grade of your pipings too. :notti:

then you will at least know wherethe is it worthwhile or not.

yapz.. better to know what are the thickness of the insulators, core wire, grade of your pipings too. :notti:

then you will at least know wherethe is it worthwhile or not.

Everywhere i go, they are using standard things like GR23, 3/8" insulation, horizontal 16mm vertical 13mm drainage pipes.. if better need to top-up.. seems like the major players are at least.

Not planning to use the a/c often, so didnt really bother as long as my contractor uses new standard parts.

i got this system setup in my house by natural cool. workmanship not bad, only thing i dun like is how they place my 2 outdoor units, the positioning a bit odd. but i dun thk much can be done abt that now, but the guy i liased with not bad, they came to my place 5 times already, another visit pending bcos still hv the living rm unit that needs to be installed.

Is ya panasonic non-inverter system3?

I just signed with Natural Cool for Panasonic non-inverter system3 CU-3C20GKH and CS-C9GKZW*3 for $1729 including stainless steel bracket, plus '"trade-in of existing a/c" (which I think is a marketing gimmick).

Initially I call their hot-line, and they say only 1 trip, extra trip need to pay. But i was recommended to a guy call Gary by my ID, and he ok with as many trips as my ID needs, now at 3 trips.

Not sure if this is a good buy, but seems much cheaper than the quotes i got from IMM AB and GC, $1849 and $1949 respectively.

Hopefully they do a good job..

alamak..the poll says "DUN buy aircon fr....coy" i tot is buy from whichc oy hehe

n i click on hongtar :(

ok i shall share my experience here..their service onli 1 word "GOOD"

i chk wif gaincity,major stores, b4 i went to hongtar to enquiry on the aircon i wanted..i find the prices are on par and eventually i go to hongtar after seeing many positive remarks abt it in forums and the salesgal,grace veri helpful n friendly.

the technical ppl came to my hse 1wk b4 installation to discuss wif my id on the running of the pipes,wirings.

1 ting gd abt them is they will put in effort to ensure minimization of ugly wirings showing out so i can save on box up costs.

the day they did the wiring ,onli my id is around thus the next day i went over to see,very satisfied the wiring tat i m afraid to show out at the partition ceiling was routed through the storeroom fr my bedroom 2 to my master bedroom.

my aircon was installed last yr november.

they jus called 2wks ago to consult us whether we nd any servicing,fyi they give us two free servicing vouchers.

overall, very satisfied customer of hong tar :)

I was thinking to buy from BEST TECH from IMM ... they quoted me ard 2659 for one aircon in the living room and 2 bedroom ...

anyone got expriences from besttech ? or anyone got cheaper options to introduce ???

I was thinking to buy from BEST TECH from IMM ... they quoted me ard 2659 for one aircon in the living room and 2 bedroom ...

anyone got expriences from besttech ? or anyone got cheaper options to introduce ???

Hi guys,

i went to hongtar too to enquire about price too , but they quoted me 3.8k for the toshiba.... cannot discount best price.... eventually went to buy from GC as they quoted me among the cheapest on par with allbest....but the read the forum that all best and best tech recently have some issues with installation.

Recommendated my boss to buy too from GC who already installed this week and he gives the thumb up for GC too ...the workmanship everything .... mine is installing this weekend ....cheers!