Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gothique

Windows And Grilles

Hi, just a couple of quick questions on grilles over HDB windows.

I got a resale in Telok Blangah and realised that the grills are installed behind the windows within the house.

Qn1: How to install blinds / curtains given that the grilles are not aligned with the wall of the house? Any solutions to reduce the 'thickness' of the grille?

Qn2: I realised that there is a small gap between the grille frame and the window frame, is this necessary?

Thanks.

Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, just a couple of quick questions on grilles over HDB windows.

I got a resale in Telok Blangah and realised that the grills are installed behind the windows within the house.

Qn1: How to install blinds / curtains given that the grilles are not aligned with the wall of the house? Any solutions to reduce the 'thickness' of the grille?

Qn2: I realised that there is a small gap between the grille frame and the window frame, is this necessary?

Thanks.

Cheers

Hi Wally,

Q1: There is something call the blind/curtain pole mounting bracket that is used to hold the blind ... you just have to extend the bracket or buy one that is extended.

Q2: It really depends on you. The gap is for easy cleaning and to prevent things from getting stuck. In my opinion i think it is not necessary.

Regards,

Ren

Edited by rendell

Hi could you introduce me a good company dealing with Windows and grills ??

I ma planning to change all the windows and grills in my current 4'A' flat...

my contractor quoted me almost 3k for a powder coated grills and windows

What is the average prices for replacement of all windows and grills ?

Please do PM me ...

Thanks !

hi all

can i ask if changing window FRAME and window GRILLS, is it different?

I thought that to change window GRILL is easy, just screw on or off only. but change window FRAME is more complicated cuz u have to hack off the existing frame, plaster it back smoothly, paint it back the same color as the wall, then install the new frame.

Am i correct?

so we can't really change the window frame AFTER the reno right? it has to be during the reno?

cuz i am also thinking of getting 3rd party.

can anyone confirm this?

and for EA, i just want to change the frame to bronze aluminium, no grills at all,

living room 6 panels (sliding)

balcony 3 panels (casement)

kitchen 3 panels (casement)

bedrooms 3 panels each = 9 in all (sliding)

how much should the ID charge me? thanks...

Yes. you right. you can change the windows frame and the glass at once.

You can change it too after finishing the renovation, before painting.

but if you want to use aluminum frame please make sure if can fix's on the grill. good luck

I need some advise..

My house is corridor unit, and windows are sliding type.. easy to climb in.

So best is to installs grills.. but what kind? Aluminium or wrought Iron??

If given a choice, due to budget constraint, i rather not install.... my ID quote $1800 for wrought iron grills (4 x 2 sliding panels)

I know Aluminum is sounds more affordable, but for safety sake .. is it enough??

I need some advise..

My house is corridor unit, and windows are sliding type.. easy to climb in.

So best is to installs grills.. but what kind? Aluminium or wrought Iron??

If given a choice, due to budget constraint, i rather not install.... my ID quote $1800 for wrought iron grills (4 x 2 sliding panels)

I know Aluminum is sounds more affordable, but for safety sake .. is it enough??

given a choice I'll definitely install grills and would settle for wrought iron as i dont wish to be the next victim.

Yes, i agree iron on corridor unit!

hmm interesting thread.

which is cheaper? alum or iron?

unfortunately, I have just bought a corridor corner unit.. 2 bedrooms and living room all exposed..

what the solution to getting more security and privacy? iron grills + those half curtains? but so far I've seen a few half curtains, all not very nicely done :(

hi i want to do aluminum grille also, roughly for 4 rooms how much?

have you guys considered insivible grille? i think this is relatively new. i don't have any specific shop to recommend, but just go to google and type in "invisible grille". you get the safety of grill AND still looks good.

double hollow aluminium grilles could be used because it's supposedly difficult for break-ins.

For those whose interested, can consider Fatt Chan Metal Industries because they only install using the double hollow type of aluminium grilles and they own their very own factories. No showroom as they concentrate on projects.

Hi i looking window grille for my 4-room flat as we had a 3 year old kid that keep climbing around. we feel very uncomfortable with it. I have a tight budget too... anyone can intro me some good price company? thank u thank u