Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blitzk

Parquet Varnish Floor Costs

Can the people do parquet varnishing, do marble floor polishing as well?

If any one has contact to recommend, please PM me. Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

"Then they will apply the first coat of Melamine (standard way)

Dry for 4hours.

Then use hand to sand with 180 grit sand paper to final finish.

Then apply second coat of Malamine. (usual final and finish)"

Based on what you said Simon, I was quoted $1100 for 1 day work - 1 marble floor polishing and 3 bedrms varnishing.

If need to wait 4 hrs to dry, I wonder how they squeeze in all the work within 1 day.

my contractor quote me $800 for my 3 bed rooms + 1 study room parquet floor ... i decided to DIY, varnished the master bedroom myself, bought varnish from Nippon Paint shop, and sand paper, brushes and etc. from some other shops ... managed to put down 2 coats of varnish (gloss finish), spent 2 afternoon ... total materials and equipments cost less than $50, but i didn't go ahead and do the rest rooms, instead, i bought Sofix parquet care and used it to mop the floor.

Hi,Brother. May I know where should I rent the big belt sanding machine? Thinking to sand and vanish my floor by myself.Thanks.

Hi,Brother. May I know where should I rent the big belt sanding machine? Thinking to sand and vanish my floor by myself.Thanks.

i had my flooring done recently by Mr Wood Varnish. From what i observed the workers need alot training handling big machine, i think the same using belt sandpaper. the other one looks like polishing machine. also there were 3 other smaller sanding machines. don't seem easy to handle [my opinion].

perhaps u can try calling Mr Wood Varnish @ 69656024 more infos

i had my flooring done recently by Mr Wood Varnish. From what i observed the workers need alot training handling big machine, i think the same using belt sandpaper. the other one looks like polishing machine. also there were 3 other smaller sanding machines. don't seem easy to handle [my opinion].

perhaps u can try calling Mr Wood Varnish @ 69656024 more infos

Sanding requires at least 3 kind of machines.

They are the Belt machine for sanding the 38# grid sand paper and the #80 grid sand paper.

Because the Belt machine are big and heavy, it is difficult to sand the sides and corners of the wall.

Edge sander is used to sand the sides and ends. sand paper used is the same as above.

After the whole floor is sand to grid #80, then it is best to use the Buffering Machine.

This Buffering machine is similar machine used by the marble polishing machine.

Usually use grid 120 to 180 or 240 sand paper to smooth the floor to give a good finishing.

Coating are applied in between buffering and polishing the wooden floor to perfect finish.

Hope above helps u guys to understand more about the machine used in sanding a wooden floor.

Regards,

Simon.

"Then they will apply the first coat of Melamine (standard way)

Dry for 4hours.

Then use hand to sand with 180 grit sand paper to final finish.

Then apply second coat of Malamine. (usual final and finish)"

Based on what you said Simon, I was quoted $1100 for 1 day work - 1 marble floor polishing and 3 bedrms varnishing.

If need to wait 4 hrs to dry, I wonder how they squeeze in all the work within 1 day.

Marble polishing is done separately from your 3 bedrms.

Marble polishing - takes only at most half a day to complete.

As for your 3 bedroom, they will only do buffering with grid 80 and coat. within one day no problem.

but i believe is only 1 coat.

regards,

simon

Simon, if you will PM me , I need a quote for 2 bed rooms (192sqft and 220 sqft) pls.. THX!

sorry for the late reply. usually market rate for 2 bedroom ranges from sgd350 to sgd500 for

1 coat of melamine and 1 time sanding/buffering. a one day job.

depends on your coating. if you choose the better varnish like water-based coat. it may cost up to sgd800 to 1000.

all depends on what you want.

the key issue is ... know what you are paying for.

regards,

simon.

p.s : please note that in the market, usually below 500sqft, they will quote you ONE LUMP SUM, as transport of equipment and workers is fixed.

Sanding requires at least 3 kind of machines.

They are the Belt machine for sanding the 38# grid sand paper and the #80 grid sand paper.

Because the Belt machine are big and heavy, it is difficult to sand the sides and corners of the wall.

Edge sander is used to sand the sides and ends. sand paper used is the same as above.

After the whole floor is sand to grid #80, then it is best to use the Buffering Machine.

This Buffering machine is similar machine used by the marble polishing machine.

Usually use grid 120 to 180 or 240 sand paper to smooth the floor to give a good finishing.

Coating are applied in between buffering and polishing the wooden floor to perfect finish.

Hope above helps u guys to understand more about the machine used in sanding a wooden floor.

Regards,

Simon.

V cool :bow: Impressed by Simon. U really understand the sanding process of wooden floor sanding & restoration. Yes, i learnt it from Mr Wood Varnish surveyor. They did my flooring with stages mentioned above using the 3 diff types machines including Buffering m/c. This One step which other contractors don't do, after talking to few guys. Cheers.

i was very happy with Mr Wood Varnish services & follow ups after job completion. they response immediate to touch up my flooring. Flooring job is manual job afterall. it meant my expectation on finishing.

i agreed both hands that cleanliness overall is commendable. no contractor come close except cleaner company. i don't hv to cough out $200-300 get cleaners if it's dusty after parquet sanding. This is what i am very very satisfied.

mr wood varnish --

fair service, really dust-free but workmanship so so - workers--sigh

wont engage them again

i was very happy with Mr Wood Varnish services & follow ups after job completion. they response immediate to touch up my flooring. Flooring job is manual job afterall. it meant my expectation on finishing.

i agreed both hands that cleanliness overall is commendable. no contractor come close except cleaner company. i don't hv to cough out $200-300 get cleaners if it's dusty after parquet sanding. This is what i am very very satisfied.