Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
taichipanda

Keep Away From This Electrician!

Dear RenoTalk members,

Please do your due diligent when you engage those highly recommended electricians, unless the person that speak highly of the electrician can vouch for the workmanship and character of the electrician he/she recommended to you, i suggest you better dont trust them wholeheartedly. The electrician highly recommended by gragaschen cannot deliver. Please do not be taken in by the cheap quotation. Personally i dont wish any of you to fall victim like my facebook group member.

The following was posted on one of my facebook group about this electrician.

Initially he won me over with his low price & eagerness... He spent 1hr to go through my needs & wrote down everything & gave me a quote very swiftly.... Young man, Nice chap I thought, & with some (or maybe it's one) good review at RT....

As the project progresses, he started to face problems as he claimed his workers left & he has to do my place personally.... I have already lost count of how many days he has been to my place.... Even as I write now, he is at my living room creating new debris, throwing screws & stuff over my completed & supposingly clean floor... I shall just summarize the dissatisfaction

1. Very very poor housekeeping, simply drill & throw things all over the place without protection... I even took the effort to give him cardboards & he said he is used to do things this way.... There was one incident many weeks back that a screw was found stuck under my bedroom door & I think I know who is the culprit....

BTW, he keep losing his stuff & have to rebuy.... I have seen him mixing new & old trunkings & placing it together with the rubbish

2. Cannot deliver - After so many trips to my place (more than 5), still cannot finish... Everytime he goes off, will tell me only a bit left, but there will forever be something left.... As of last night count, still about 20 items not done. For my fanco fans, he doesn't know how to fix & I have to get bro Eric (from RT)

3. No sense of responsibility, absolutely no. All the mistakes r someone else prob. Eg trunking creates big gap but claims it's painter job to touch up, cracked my wall tile blame tiler for not tiling well... Leave messes everywhere & just refuse to do anything about it.... But the worst is he will always come in late, go off early & never finish the jobs....

4. Always asking for payment when the job is about to be finished, & always tell me job done... It was prob my fault for being too casual & didn't go through items one by one..... Yesterday he asked me to pay him today & told me almost fin (i went back to take photos & count about 21 items outstanding & tried to tell him today; he still insisted only a few items left).... So far I have been very prompt in payment including some extras like remote controls & lights he bought for me... Maybe my biggest mistake was to be too prompt & friendly....

5. Poor workmanship... Plenty of gaps at the joints of trunkings & socket/light point... Trunking covers that cannot close properly, slanted trunking & points.... Everytime point to him & ask him to fix it's either somebody's fault or it's a simple job & he will do it (but he never does)

I have already booked the mover to shift next week & keep reminding him to finish it this week... No problem he says, give him one day... & he is now onto his 2nd day (not counting the half day last week).... & a few weeks ago when painting was done, he already spent about 2 days told me he completed his job except the kitchen..... So according to his version with only kitchen outstanding, he can't even complete it in 2 days.....

Here are some additional comments my member posted last few days.

He left the project on Fri... Called me on Fri to tell me take the bal sum & get someone else to fin the job..... Finally, things were fixed this afternoon..... It's crazy, spent so much time cleaning & cleaning (u should see the warzone he

left behind....) & coordinating everything.... I decided to touch things up myself in case more pple damage the house..... I m shifting on Fri, but I m burnt out now to do anything..... Gotta recharge, regroup & make a final push towards the last hurdle....

Tuesday at 7:57pm via mobile · Like

My touch up refers to the painting, silicon filling etc.... Did I tell u he even threw tiling debris into my toilet bowl & then vehemently denied doing it (no other contractors were in the house).... I had to put my hand in to scoop 4 times

to remove it..... I think he came over 6 times after painting & still couldn't fin... EVERYTIME he spent short duration, at times no drill, material not enough, keep coming back & forth...... Good news is, it's all over with him now!!! I need to Zzzzzzzz now, ciao

Yesterday at 7:13am via mobile · Like

My wirings were supposed to be done after tiling, & installation after painting..... But he kept leaving things up, & he refused to touch the kitchen & toilet until after my kitchen cabinets r up, citing that he needed to do it all at one s

hot.... & I had like SCV points, phone points etc exposed for weeks because he couldn't find the cover for them.... & a wall light that couldn't be switched on for a week coz he lost the cable for that... Get the drift of how messy he is...... Really, I should be catching up on my sleep.... Zzzzz, ciao

Yesterday at 7:31am via mobile · Like

But today I realised that he smoked my wife by telling her that the SCV splitter was spoilt... In fact, it was his connection at one of my

rooms that wasn't working....

4 hours ago via mobile · Like

Edited by taichipanda

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Daniel, Malaycian

Singapore Number: ***

Was referred by someone here on the forum.

He was acting OK when talking about quotation, but after i paid the deposit, all patterns came already.

First, he never answer your call and sms...driving me crazy.....

Second, Workmanship was much below average...

Third, got several of my required items wrong, forgot to install extra point but did not admit....

My schedule was delayed by THREE weeks because he worked only on his own and many times showed up in the afternoon only.

What is the worst is that at the last stage, he said he could not meet my schedule (which was agreed by him at the beginning) and asked me to look for someone else!!!!

What the **** is this????? how can I find ppl willing to take over an almost-done project??? how can be so irresponsible?

He finally asked his friend to take over and then these 2 ppl began to push responsibility back and forth about those unfinished parts and even the previoiusly agreed price....

And yesterday, my TV cable which was installed by him was not working.

I called him and he asked me to look for his friend because he passed the whole project on to his friend.

What the fxxx?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although his friend took over, he was the one who did this part of job.

I dun bother to call his friend because i know the answer. And I really feel sorry for that guy to have a friend like him.

So. Please keep away from this Daniel and convey this msg to all of your friends and family.

Hope I am the last one to suffer..

This is bad....i think it good to also share who is the person giving the contact on this forum?

there could be bogus people pretending to be customers of these electrician they are recommending....we should not let these people continue cheating on this forum

i think this is the same scam reported by another forumer Taijipanda back in August.

There is even a facebook group page where all the victims got together. If u read it, it exactly the same **** u are facing now. Recommended by gragachen......and the operate by a few guys in different nicks.

Apparently...there are a few fellow forumers very happy to share 'contacts'. I hope the forum admin will look into this.

Scams should not be allowed in this forum.

daniel is freelance from JB...he doesn't have a license or registered company in singapore.....maybe report him to MOM as illegal worker? so the next time he crosses the customs and gets caught there.

for goodness sake...i think nobody knows his real name......maybe gragachen and renoshark can kindly advise or own up?

How much have you paid for the "package"? Which ID you work with? Care to share?All these ppl spoilt the market, irresponsible, Business owners become scapegoats becos of them too.

How much have you paid for the "package"? Which ID you work with? Care to share?All these ppl spoilt the market, irresponsible, Business owners become scapegoats becos of them too.

What package? kinda lost here

Reno Package I supposed... There are many types of packages ID and contractors offer rite? Some come with getting list of works in lump sum... Anyway, m just asking. If its costly, sure heartache apart from headache. I think the feel is very important. Must discuss as detail as possible to ppl you are working with. Budget is an issue, but the comfort of your home after reno is very imporatnt too. Happy reno!:D

Hi RobertLau,

I hope you have resolved your electrical works by now.

Bad electricians hanging around this forum should be named and shamed!

Everyone be warned and take extra care when getting contacts through the forum.

Many people posing as satisfied customers and even pretending to be newbies asking for contacts to populate their threads.

Wow!! i am nothing the only one. I should have check before engaging him. He took my deposit and did not start work. one fine day he finally pick up my call and say will return me my deposit but fro months he have not do it. I am thinking to report the case to police and hopefully it can stop ppl from being cheated by him