Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
anting

Kdk M11Su Review

hello all- so the conclusion is KDK M11SU is silent for some and noisy for others? can anyone share what store has a competitive price? thanks...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you lyefam for the invaluable comment! :yamseng:

I'm surprised to know that it's the upper deck that doesn't feel the wind: I thought it would be the lower deck who won't feel the wind & the upper deck would be blown away by the strong wind :D Would it be because of the compulsory distance of the fan blades from the ceiling?

And how far away from the bed are the blades? I'm concerned about the safety as well. My neighbor actually suggests me don't install the fan due to safety reason. :drunk:

If an adult stands on the ladder/steps reaches out, can touch or almost touch the fan blades, I'd be worried. Consider wall fans or stand fans instead. Likely the upper deck no wind because it is more to the side than under the fan.

My experience with this KDK fan is that the motor is quiet, but you get wind sound because the blades are going so fast. Can't be helped. To get less wind noise means slower speed, and at a slower speed, to get the same breeze you need longer blades.

Any noise would be parts rubbing against each other. So check that installation is properly done so that the fan is securely mounted and is stable. If not stable, and it wobbles, that's when you'll get parts touching and rubbing.

Thank you lyefam for the invaluable comment! :yamseng:

I'm surprised to know that it's the upper deck that doesn't feel the wind: I thought it would be the lower deck who won't feel the wind & the upper deck would be blown away by the strong wind :D Would it be because of the compulsory distance of the fan blades from the ceiling?

And how far away from the bed are the blades? I'm concerned about the safety as well. My neighbor actually suggests me don't install the fan due to safety reason. :drunk:

Hi lyefam, hope you don't mind I quote your scenario :) I'm in a similar case, need to have good air circulation in a small room with 2 double deck beds. Currently I'm using 2 standing fans (1 for the 2 lower decks, another taller one for higher decks.)

If I install only 1 ceiling fan (maybe 44" or 48" max), would the air circulation be better than 2 standing fans? How is your setup working?

Thanks pal~

Hi oneuser,

Current setup :

1. Double deck comprise of top deck of 3ft, lower deck of 3.5ft and push out deck 3.5ft

2. Ceiling fan is good for the bottom 2 decks. But top deck cannot feel it

3. I got a mounted wall fan for the top deck.

Before this set-up :

1. 1 table table for top deck (possible as table fan was on the top storage step)

2. Stand fan for the 2 lower decks.

I think if the 2 beds of your double decks are of same size, top deck cannot feel the fan circulation. Would be space saver with a ceiling fan and wall fan as 2 stand fans takes up floor space.

I hope the above helps. :yamseng:

.... the other 2 rooms have double deck beds for my 6 kids so forced to settle for 2 units of 44" kdk.

Hi lyefam, hope you don't mind I quote your scenario :) I'm in a similar case, need to have good air circulation in a small room with 2 double deck beds. Currently I'm using 2 standing fans (1 for the 2 lower decks, another taller one for higher decks.)

If I install only 1 ceiling fan (maybe 44" or 48" max), would the air circulation be better than 2 standing fans? How is your setup working?

Thanks pal~

Edited by oneuser

Same here. Motor is silent and although blades are relatively smaller, the wind generated is surprisingly quite strong.

I'm not sure how silent is the KDK M11 to you. But the motor sound seem a lot louder than the Haiku fans.

I've 2 kdk M11 fans and 3 haiku fans installed in my hdb flat. The haiku fans are much much much quieter. Eh....haiku price wise is much much much more expensive than kdk at current situation. I would have installed 5 units of 60" haiku fans but the other 2 rooms have double deck beds for my 6 kids so forced to settle for 2 units of 44" kdk. Fortunately I invested to buy 3 units of haiku before the 100% price increase. :sport-smiley-004:

Motor is silent even at max speed. Used it for master bedroom, so 3 speed is sufficient.

Same here. Motor is silent and although blades are relatively smaller, the wind generated is surprisingly quite strong.

Hi, anybody using the KDK M11SU (44" ceiling fan)? Is it considered a baby fan and is it noisy? Hoping to hear some reviews before I decide if I want to purchase it. Heard that baby fans are generally noisy and not good.

Motor is silent even at max speed. Used it for master bedroom, so 3 speed is sufficient.

Hi, anybody using the KDK M11SU (44" ceiling fan)? Is it considered a baby fan and is it noisy? Hoping to hear some reviews before I decide if I want to purchase it. Heard that baby fans are generally noisy and not good.

Mine is noisy at speeds 2 and 3, but not sure if it's due to poor installation or poor fan design. Would be interested to hear from others.

The fan is really strong though. No problems ventilating the entire room.