Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ashlene

How To Remove Mould From Dresser

Bought a bedroom set from Nova Furnishing 2 years back.

Hardly use the dresser. My dresser has a sliding mirror door.

Lately I opened & found mould all over inside. The back of the board for the cupboard had mould all over as well.

I had used bleach, used vinegar etc. Placed moth balls, thirsty hippo as many as 3 inside for each shelf but to no avail. The rest of my furniture in my bedroom are fine. This led me to believe that the wooden board backing for my dresser wasn't treated properly.

So do I have any other choice other than to dispose of it? I like the design a lot. Can I paint over it? Bleach & vinegar kept it away for 2 weeks only.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bought a bedroom set from Nova Furnishing 2 years back.

Hardly use the dresser. My dresser has a sliding mirror door.

Lately I opened & found mould all over inside. The back of the board for the cupboard had mould all over as well.

I had used bleach, used vinegar etc. Placed moth balls, thirsty hippo as many as 3 inside for each shelf but to no avail. The rest of my furniture in my bedroom are fine. This led me to believe that the wooden board backing for my dresser wasn't treated properly.

So do I have any other choice other than to dispose of it? I like the design a lot. Can I paint over it? Bleach & vinegar kept it away for 2 weeks only.

Hi Ashlene, The compressed wood from that piece of furniture is infected, we have come across that piece before, the sliding mirror one that slides left and right to uncover a mini shelf for make up stuff.

Most of the time, we would disinfect these infected furniture and ask the tenant or landlord to paint it over after disinfection.

But unfortunately, this piece cannot be rescued, now the only fear is that the mold might have infected the particular room that it is in, or into the air conditioning system, where it will spread every time you use the AC.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Terence