Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Odielim

Odie & Roy Humble Home

on your next birthday, tell those annoying pple to give you a ricecooker as present. :sport-smiley-004:

:(

good idea hor! :P

hmm... my parents got 2 rice cookers. 1 is a bigger capacity one which cost $100+ and the other is smaller and cost much much cheaper. normally after the rice is cooked and it switched to "keep warm" status, have to leave the rice for a while. if u stirred rite after it changed to "keep warm", there will be rice sticking onto the bottom of the rice cooker.

but it is definitely worthwhile to invest in a rice cooker... i find that the bigger rice cooker is much better than the smaller one... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
nay odie... i tink is more of that they feel i'm good to make fun of... easy to bully loh... :(

Don worry too much Fifi, I think those ppl jus got no other topic to talk abt. :P

But there is abt office real world, nothing to do and gossip abt ppl. :sport-smiley-004:

er sorry to intrude but I bought a rice cooker like that too. I think it was $29 from the G.. supermarket. I thought value for money, so big and anyway how wrong can a rice cooker go right? The bottom rice is burnt and has to be scraped off - all the time. And it's supposed to be non-stick. I think it's the inferior non-stick coating. Solution - bought a new cooker.

wad.. i bought a rice cooker from g**** too. its black cover with gray sides and rather big. Is it the same as yours? forgot the brand liao.. think it starts with m.. havent started using it yet but hope its working fine :sport-smiley-004:

nay odie... i tink is more of that they feel i'm good to make fun of... easy to bully loh... :(

grr, there are always such bo liao people around. nevermind if you cant beat them why dont u join them :P nex time they make fun of u, u make fun of them too lor :P

fifi - guess just bear with it.. and vent here :( hee hee

i think its worth to get a good rice cooker.. after using this one ($19.00) really waste of food n $ and poor tummy to suffer.. :sport-smiley-004:

thanks frens

luckily got odie's corner else i will explode of frustrations!:sport-smiley-004:!

hmm... i guess it's really yi fen qian yi fen huo!

thanks frens

luckily got odie's corner else i will explode of frustrations!:sport-smiley-004:!

relak. i also want to explode already. :(

The 'secret' to cooking rice over the fire is to use a slow fire and not to stir at all. The moment you stir while cooking, the bottom will turn brown very quickly. To prevent overflowing of the water while the rice is bubbling, leave the lid open for a tiny bit.

:sport-smiley-004::(

but they are using rice cooker and that cooker is giving them problem that is usually caused by cooking rice over the fire leh :P

hi delon - that table from Ikea also? or from where? :yamseng: i remember seeing in ikea there is one small table cost 35 bucks too.. didnt know the name though...

explode on what? work or reno?

now need to budget for rice cooker, 2 fans for the room if we dont on aircon... the list just increasing..

both of our running shoes from Nike just spoilt.. hahaha.. sigh.. more things to add on... :notti:

no worries Fifi - just vent sometimes its good to vent out and take it easier after that... :good:

hi delon - that table from Ikea also? or from where? :notti: i remember seeing in ikea there is one small table cost 35 bucks too.. didnt know the name though...

explode on what? work or reno?

oops paiseh. it's from ikea.

vika_amoncurry.jpg

er sorry to intrude but I bought a rice cooker like that too. I think it was $29 from the G.. supermarket. I thought value for money, so big and anyway how wrong can a rice cooker go right? The bottom rice is burnt and has to be scraped off - all the time. And it's supposed to be non-stick. I think it's the inferior non-stick coating. Solution - bought a new cooker.

Hey prismo, mine's also from G...and encountering the same problem....

now searching for a better one, but maybe smaller capacity...

er...sorry for intruding too :)

Mace, u make me laugh!! :yamseng:

got another bad encounter last fri during bowling... haizzz... was telling myself was it coz i was too sensitive or wat...

i scored the lowest score in the whole dept :good:

each person have to play 2 sets. 1st set still ok for me (considering i played once every 10 yrs!)

2nd set dunno why every time i play, i cfm will miss the pins. so ended up super cham

had went to the toilet during the break between 1st and 2nd set.

my 2 stupid male colleagues kept saying i went to change luck but how come my luck got worse (keep missing the pins)

ok nvm...

i told them i went to PEE NOT TO CHANGE LUCK! pengzzz!! Men do not listen, do they?!

when the final results came out and they found out i'm the lowest, 1 of the guys purposely look for me in the mist of chaos and said "Fifi, u got the lowest pts leh!"

as if i dunno... just dun understand y i cannot score lowest meh? i never said i'm good in it!! but he kept repeating until i **** fed up. so i replied "so wat?! it's just a game!" :)

i expect him to keep repeating again 2morow to my other colleagues who are in a different dept... :curse:

Hi Fifi,

are u the only gal in the department ? Have u offended them before ?

Actually you can try reacting indifferently, so they find that it is no longer shiok to "disturb" you, then it will stop..

:notti:

hi dizzy,

nope. i'm not the only gal in the dept. had worked before as the only gal but the treatment i received was far much better than this. at least the men there dun keep making fun of me. :notti:

hmm... i do not tink that i've offended them before. in fact 1 of the guys i seldom tok to him. the other is in my grp and sometimes i find him quite a pest (in terms of work) but i've never told him off.

ya... i will try to just walk or turn away if they bring this topic up again....

hi dizzy, no problem :) all are welcome to chat and share experience.. :curse:

its a kopi office hrs chatting.. :)

only had not been serving virtual food for the time being.... :P hee hee

btw anyone can recommend any HP brand?

my nokia 6111 is going siao liao...

either will restart by itself or shut down when typing sms... :notti:

this fone only about 1 year old or less or slightly more... i forgot where is my warranty card... :)

die lar... so many things to get now.. sigh :yamseng::good:

i dont know whether to use back nokia or samsung or....

i just need easy to use and camera function n sms and can book tickets through sms.. :lol:

i dont seems to use other features that much.. :lol:

you're right. Too bad we (mist. dizzy.odie & I, what! 4 already?) have to pay to learn.

Mist - Mine is white in colour, a never-heard-of brand. Must be the same since we bought from the "VERY BIG" supermarket. I remembered the sales guy said it's made locally. Hmm.. our products are that bad huh?

You're right odie, better change cooker than to waste rice.

Happy shopping all ! (and stick to trusted brands)

haha ARCHer. Our electric rice cooker also dont need to stir but must close lid but end result worse than cooking on stove. Thanks for the tip though. Actually, I forgot how to cook rice over stove. Will try it sometime. Will be useful if there's no electricity. Cheers.