Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3dInnovationSuck

Remove Silicone Sealant Stain From Homogeneous Tiles

Hi Bros,

i accidentally spill some of the silicone sealant on my HDB homogeneous tiles, I would like to know the following:

1. Beside using blade to remove, is there any solvent i can used?

2. The sealant didn't seems to dry up, it had a rubbery texture and overtime dust seems to stick to the silicone.

3. I notice there is always "water-like" stain on my homogeneous tiles, any idea if i could actually remove it?

The brand of the sealant is Dextone, the one in red color, http://www.dextone.com/images/fr_silicone_sealant_2.jpg

Thank you in advance....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Bros,

i accidentally spill some of the silicone sealant on my HDB homogeneous tiles, I would like to know the following:

1. Beside using blade to remove, is there any solvent i can used?

2. The sealant didn't seems to dry up, it had a rubbery texture and overtime dust seems to stick to the silicone.

3. I notice there is always "water-like" stain on my homogeneous tiles, any idea if i could actually remove it?

The brand of the sealant is Dextone, the one in red color, http://www.dextone.com/images/fr_silicone_sealant_2.jpg

Thank you in advance....

you may want to wait for it to dry completely before removing

hard solid is easier to remove rather than sticky patch of glue like substance....

Erm have you tried the white magic sponge?

We used that to wipe off stain on our tiles, it can even wipe off sticky residues by mounting tape.

Cheers, Melissa.

Hi Melissa,

Where can I buy the magic sponge? Thanks.

Regret choosing homogeneous tiles. Easily cold and sticky .

Hi Melissa,

Daiso selling $2 white sponge can clean stain on homogeneous floor. Just mop with dettol brown color

Hi Melissa,

@ NTUC Fairprice,

$6+ for 1 big piece and can be cut into smaller pcs easily using penknife.

The packaging is in Japanese characters though.

:D Hi All,

Recently a salesman went door to door to promote his magic solution which he claim can remove stubborn grout stain and water marking for floor tiles.

He demostrated it at my floor tiles and it really works like magic, the grout dirt was instantly removed. However upon prompting what company and brand, he refused to revealed it. He only claim that this is direct supply from factory thus no name card, no contact number! The brand of the solution that he used is called "A5".

He further claim that my floor tiles were not homogeneous tiles, but ungrazed ceramic tiles.

Qns: I was puzzled, how do I tell if it was homogeneous tiles or ungrazed ceramic tiles? The tiles were provided by HDB and the contract stated it was homogeneous tiles.. Hmmm any ways to verify the salesman claim? I did not bought the solution eventually as I felt suspicious.

Thanks folks!

:D