Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jenny1983

Renovation Package Or Individual Quotes

Owner may try this:

Ensure a work schedule deliver to you during signing of contract, normally a house reno may takes 4 to 7 weeks, so you may do a weekly checking through phone call to the ID to receive a latest information of what has been done in the pass one week and what to be follow up for the next one-two weeks, you may request a site pictures from the ID through emails or whatsapp, and do a spot check after that to see if all are in order and if the ID has lied in anyway.

This is the best way to monitor your house instead of checking site regularly and end up creating unnecessary anger just because you seen what you do not wish to see in your house.

when ID knows that you are monitoring him weekly, i'm sure he will be more on-the-ball, rather to give him unnecessary pressure and end up with bad relationship.

Hope the simple tips helps RT members a happy renovation, Cheers :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Forgive me to say this, I can see that u r a business ads advertiser here who wish to get more bussiness here from us. I just wish to voice out that how many Id really will do their part as a contractor. Is alway so easy when u guy say this or that pretend to be god before the contract is sign but after the contract been sign, many things happen. Below is an example:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14283&st=40

I very sure from the very first day we sign you guy already know how much is the profit when the project end. Alway ask us to pay 30 or 40% even before the job been start. Tell us u need to pay your sub Contractor here or there but actually u guy all have credit term at least 40 to 60 day terms. A very good contractor or ID no need to advertise, their refer job is alway coming n coming. I have done 2 full renovation before n I stop looking for Id company that advertise on forum. Very simple they just want to made use of us to spread from words of mouth. A showroom at Balestier is easily $8000 onwards for a small unit. So getting an ID from balestier you guy profit margin easily 40% or more. I rather get a one man show contractor without any showroom to do my third renovation home or I DIY myself.

Maybe u r an advertiser that y I do not see any review regarding your company.

I went down to ask a renovation package regarding the $8000 package

http://www.sginteriorhub.com/promotion/renovation-package/category

This company by the name of square room offer $8000 for 4 rm but it a very simple basic renovation for me is ok coz we might decide to sign with them. Our 4 room is going to rent out so we do not need any nice, creative design. I think they are very disappoint with us.

Forgive me to say this, I can see that u r a business ads advertiser here who wish to get more bussiness here from us. I just wish to voice out that how many Id really will do their part as a contractor. Is alway so easy when u guy say this or that pretend to be god before the contract is sign but after the contract been sign, many things happen. Below is an example:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14283&st=40

I very sure from the very first day we sign you guy already know how much is the profit when the project end. Alway ask us to pay 30 or 40% even before the job been start. Tell us u need to pay your sub Contractor here or there but actually u guy all have credit term at least 40 to 60 day terms. A very good contractor or ID no need to advertise, their refer job is alway coming n coming. I have done 2 full renovation before n I stop looking for Id company that advertise on forum. Very simple they just want to made use of us to spread from words of mouth. A showroom at Balestier is easily $8000 onwards for a small unit. So getting an ID from balestier you guy profit margin easily 40% or more. I rather get a one man show contractor without any showroom to do my third renovation home or I DIY myself.

Maybe u r an advertiser that y I do not see any review regarding your company.

I went down to ask a renovation package regarding the $8000 package

http://www.sginteriorhub.com/promotion/renovation-package/category

This company by the name of square room offer $8000 for 4 rm but it a very simple basic renovation for me is ok coz we might decide to sign with them. Our 4 room is going to rent out so we do not need any nice, creative design. I think they are very disappoint with us.

Hi, i was providing the best solution to hope you guys learn to monitor your reno smoothly,

wondering why you make negative comment?

Look, i am an ID who do more than a contractor, and yet i am also a contractor do more than a ID,

so what do you say?

and i have never ever tell my Client that i am super good, infact i do tell them that we are all human, even how experience he is in his trade, he make mistake, and that's what human does,i can't promise i wouldn't screw up a job, the only way to prevent is to be on the ball to minimize the chances- that's why i say, it is good to use my method above -"weekly monitoring your ID"

to ensure all are in order, you may try group up your house reno with the ID's manager using whatsapp, so that the company know what is happening out there.

there are company out there being given 30-60 days term, unfortunately, i never want to owe anybody any single cent, my theory is always like this: "pay out always, and the remaining is mine" so your assuming are out again.

Please do not also assuming you know our market well, we only make decent living in Singapore, our profit margin is very minimun compare to 10 years back, and we are trying so hard to pay off the Balestier rental but i think there got nothing to do with you whether how much we are paying?

i think you are right that you should hire one-man show, because i went through the same ****t as this man do, you might want to ask this guy to ask himself, if he prefer to be one-man or did he want to own a showroom?

my warning to you: make sure you photo copy this man NRIC so that you can locate him if this man MIA, make sure he agree to receive your pay cheque on every of quarter work he done

so that he wouldn't run away your money.

for those who found us, most 99% of them never come back RT because there is nothing for them unless there is bad review when i am always worry.... cause there sure to have screw up when we have more salesman and i can only handling minimum jobs site myself, that's why i say it is good to group up with me using whatsapp when you are signing up with my staff, so that i can receive immediate complain rather than receiving bad comment in RT.

if you are so sure that you would rather sign up with one-man show or DIY yourself, but why are you still signing off with the ID company? or are you doing a self advertising here?

Please do not anyhow make negative comment here to influence our RT users, your kind of comment is very unfair to decent renovators and is not very encouraging 8|

If you are a salesman will you tell your client where do get the direct stock.

If you are a salesman will you teach your client how to use other company product

Mr ID I suppose you are waiting for my reply. I very curious, by telling us "Hi, i was providing the best solution to hope you guys learn to monitor your reno smoothly"

By the way what will you get in return?

1. Increase the image of your company

2. Sincerely helping us with idea

Some example:

If Peter send his car for repair. The workshop say this or that will you believe him 100% and do what they say and pay what they bill?

Or

Will you believe someone who had use their services before?

I have to admit there are good and bad contractor out there. But this is how I feel, good contractor do not need to advertise for themselves here or give advice to anyone for free.

They are just too busy making sure their customer project complete in time, making sure everything goes smoothly.

Please do not feel offence this is just how I feel. I apologise if there any sentence I say that made you feel offended.

From the way u 'feel' J, I think u r better off getting contractor. Bcos u r already bias against ID. Bcos contractor will do as what u tell them.

From the way u 'feel' J, I think u r better off getting contractor. Bcos u r already bias against ID. Bcos contractor will do as what u tell them.

If I have all the good contact on supplier and sub contractor, I will do that. :) I believe a lot of user will do that too.

Engage an ID complete in 6 to 8 weeks

DIY yourself with all the contact 8 to 10 week but you save $5 to $10k

which one will u choose?

Actually after reading these posts i feel that Tiler Seng is only trying to help, just like when you start a thread and ask people in the forum for help they share experiences, give suggestions. If you read up Tiler Seng's posts, i believe he don't need to advertise on your thread, he's sincerely giving

you suggestions and i feel its unnecessary to bite his head off.

The options are there for you to choose, all parties whether its ID or contractor are doing it for the same reason, but the fact is that he did not try to get your business.

Business advertisers come here to increase their business, and smart buyers (*ahem cheapos) like you and me, are here to find the best buys and do homework and squeeze them dry and what not.

So let's do away with the judgements and be mutually respectful.

Sorry this is your post, you are the Queen here i should not be so Kepo here.

My method is only for those who has no confident with its ID Contractors,

it is not suitable for those who has engaged good ID contractors and yet want a peace of mind with their renovation.

Hope you have chosen your right one :good:

If I have all the good contact on supplier and sub contractor, I will do that. :) I believe a lot of user will do that too.

Engage an ID complete in 6 to 8 weeks

DIY yourself with all the contact 8 to 10 week but you save $5 to $10k

which one will u choose?

Smart pple will get a few more quotes from contractors n IDs to compare. N u will realise that their prices do not differ by too much.

As I mentioned earlier, if I am contractor, I will not quote too cheap as compared to ID. Bcos I know pple like u will compare each n every line.

As long as I m not too far off, n if u call me for 2nd or 3rd time, I know it will be a potential hit.

Bottom line, there is no end to this cat n mouse race. E mouse will get smarter n outsmart e cat as time goes by n vice versa.

Keep that in mind and hope u can hit ur 5-10k savings with MINIMAL effort n quality items..