Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
swaskie

My Out Of Shape House..but I Like!

Now you have made us re-think of the size of our TV... Lost here, the space between TV and sofa will not be big too. And our sofa is quite humongous-type so maybe a 42" will do? Or at most, the size after it - which is 44", if any?

3D TV useful or smart TV? Mostly we watch downloaded stuff hahaha. Am thinking of investing in a Apple TV also :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you remember the olden days window film does shrink under hot temp. I suspect it has to do with the material used. These days, even off the shelf window films are thicker and of better quality. The only trick is to do a no-bubble and seamless finishing at edges.

Eh, i didn't know frosted film may shrink :blink: I bought some from TB to cover bottom half of my full height window, as my study table in front of the windows, don't want ppl to see my legs :P

Now you have made us re-think of the size of our TV... Lost here, the space between TV and sofa will not be big too. And our sofa is quite humongous-type so maybe a 42" will do? Or at most, the size after it - which is 44", if any?

3D TV useful or smart TV? Mostly we watch downloaded stuff hahaha. Am thinking of investing in a Apple TV also :D

i saw the introduction of LG tv during the electronic fair and was quite stunned by the functions available..it was a 3D SMart TV so somehow fulfiled what i wanted..

i went to LG's website..do not have 44", next category after 42" will be 47"

http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/all-tvs

i saw the introduction of LG tv during the electronic fair and was quite stunned by the functions available..it was a 3D SMart TV so somehow fulfiled what i wanted..

i went to LG's website..do not have 44", next category after 42" will be 47"

http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/all-tvs

Thanks! Need to go see more of such fairs to learn and then decide. The thing is TV prices will continue to go down once new models are introduced so we have to resist & buy as late as possible. Targeting May or June!

Thanks! Need to go see more of such fairs to learn and then decide. The thing is TV prices will continue to go down once new models are introduced so we have to resist & buy as late as possible. Targeting May or June!

yeap :sport-smiley-018: that's what i posted the same too at yr link...dun buy so early..you need to "ren" endure!!

TV prices sure drop like shxx

ya i have been dropping by the fairs to learn abt the tv and understand the specs of the tv, how to use etc and also to know what they throw in..so at least you know what you can bargain when you buy the tv hehehhe

Kitchen View:

3A3FA6CE-B07D-4477-A3BD-4B84FECBBA93-36131-00002B44E5B274E3.jpg

93C51524-2F14-4B85-9EC2-3B9676A04E10-36131-00002B4492AF76AD.jpg

Walkway from Kitchen to Living Hall area:

E7A4D1BB-408C-4726-809D-BE959EBC858A-36131-00002B44BA5DE78B.jpg

Toilet View:

7619FEAD-7996-4EE0-A078-74614A729F00-36131-00002B447A3F5FB0.jpg

Was shocked to see such huge pipes!! :jawdrop:

you got the approval to box it up right? as in boxed and all tiled up? i wanted to do that too bt my contractornsaid it cant be done.! now i am super pissed.!

you got the approval to box it up right? as in boxed and all tiled up? i wanted to do that too bt my contractornsaid it cant be done.! now i am super pissed.!

hi, yeap box up approved already...just like my 3D - see no pipes:

mbrtoilet_zps4fe64886.png

u can ask yr contractor to explain why box up cannot be done?

it was quite a common thing in renov to box up pipes...

Strange, I saw in another blog, maybe z3phy that HDB doesn't allow toilet main pipes to be boxed up and hence he has to paint them black, like how retchlow did hers.

Strange, I saw in another blog, maybe z3phy that HDB doesn't allow toilet main pipes to be boxed up and hence he has to paint them black, like how retchlow did hers.

Z3phy's contractor wanted her to save money... That's why she did not box up and paint it black hehehe

Edited by swaskie

he was saying there will be an issue to access the pipes should any leakage takes place.. blablabla..

a lil pissed off and he dun want to do it at all.. gues i have to just live with it.. :furious:

Z3phy's contractor wanted her to save money... That's why she did not box up and black it black hehehe

hullo Makanology & Swaskie

yup. i had wanted to box up the pipes so much!!!

but contractor say why wan to spend $1k to do it.

thinking abt it, leaving it bare and standing has its beauty too.

ok. not bare. but painted matt black.

like that if leakage, i not heart pain oso...(i wont have swaskie's problem.) lol. no offense hor. just joking.

Other way around in my case...

My I'd told me to boxup the pipes in MBR bathroom .... Quoted 400 only... I din wanna do it ... Afraid if the board would warp.... He assured it is solid silico board....

Will wait and see

hullo Makanology & Swaskie

yup. i had wanted to box up the pipes so much!!!

but contractor say why wan to spend $1k to do it.

thinking abt it, leaving it bare and standing has its beauty too.

ok. not bare. but painted matt black.

like that if leakage, i not heart pain oso...(i wont have swaskie's problem.) lol. no offense hor. just joking.

no la no offense..for me hope the boxing can last 5 years! then i will shift again hahahaha

Other way around in my case...

My I'd told me to boxup the pipes in MBR bathroom .... Quoted 400 only... I din wanna do it ... Afraid if the board would warp.... He assured it is solid silico board....

Will wait and see

we shall go tear down our ID signboard it the boxing leaks! hahaha

wwoowwww! had not being updating my blog and can see cobwebs hanging around hahaha

finally see more work done in my house and here's some pics on the boxingup of the pipes:

Step 1:

Now you see pipe

pipe1_zps5911baad.jpg

Step 2:

Now you don't!

pipe2_zps92264de4.jpg

Step 3:

I do not know what this process was called..cementing?? :unsure:

pipe3_zpsb70cd622.jpg

Step 4:

Tiles up

pipe4_zps630ba36a.jpg