Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Xmaspine

Please Share Your Tips- What To Look Out For?

Hi all, this is the first time we're looking for a place (resale flat) to buy in Singapore (previously overseas for work). Apart from the usual like floor/level preferences, location preferences, sun-facing or not etc, what are the other things we should look out for? Sorry if this is a very obvious question to alot of you, but I seriously have no clue lol.

How many times of viewing is enough but not too annoying much? I've been told to look out for telltale signs of a loanshark-harassed unit, but how does one tell (lol, they obviously wont be telling potential buyers right?)?

Also, please feel free to spam me with any tips you think may be useful, especially if its from your own experience. Thanks in advance :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Please do a search, this has all been covered before. Good luck with your search.

Hi, which section do I search under for this top, any idea? I had spent some time searching for a similar topic before posting but didnt see any.

Hi, which section do I search under for this top, any idea? I had spent some time searching for a similar topic before posting but didnt see any.

Yes, xmaspine, I share the same sentiment as you. Few years ago when I drop by this forum site there were many postings made and very useful ones. However, it seems what I can read now are all those postings made in the current year 2012. Anything older seems to disappear. So, am also having the same problem searching for topics that I needed.

Perhaps the administrator can help advise us how to go about it. many thanks

Hi all, this is the first time we're looking for a place (resale flat) to buy in Singapore (previously overseas for work). Apart from the usual like floor/level preferences, location preferences, sun-facing or not etc, what are the other things we should look out for? Sorry if this is a very obvious question to alot of you, but I seriously have no clue lol.

How many times of viewing is enough but not too annoying much? I've been told to look out for telltale signs of a loanshark-harassed unit, but how does one tell (lol, they obviously wont be telling potential buyers right?)?

Also, please feel free to spam me with any tips you think may be useful, especially if its from your own experience. Thanks in advance :)

You may like to look out for:

1) amenities within vicinity eg wet market, shopping centres, local & international schools (if you have school-going children), community centres, stadiums, swimming pools

2) the Ease of access to expressway (if u drive), minimize traffic jams during peak hours (how far and how long it takes to get from point to point). For eg. I have QUICK access to CTE (10 mins to downtown orchard), TPE (15-20 mins to changi airport), SLE (20-25 mins to woodlands checkpoint), PIE via CTE (enables me to get to west side of Singapore via expressway all the way) so it really makes a lot of difference to moving around.

3) how much is the availability of public transport eg bus services, mrt stations (for those who dont drive). Again, plenty of bus services that brings you to the nearest subway stations really help to minimize travelling time (eg I have like 10 direct bus services to take me to the nearest mrt stations). Have access to N-S line, NE line, circle lines would be great. However, as long as one is able to get to any nearest subway stations should help already.

4) last but not least - ambience of the neighbourhood

And welcome back to Singapore. Wish you all the best in finding your dream home.

cheers!