Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jolene23

Home Sweet Home Of Coljol..4A @ Tampines

should be able to pass thru main door right? its 85cm wide only. i hope can... coz i think my side by side is 90cm? *prays*

Not to worry. Usually if in the event can't pass thru, the delivery guys will dismantle the fridge doors to rectify.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

should be able to pass thru main door right? its 85cm wide only. i hope can... coz i think my side by side is 90cm? *prays*

Not to worry. Usually if in the event can't pass thru, the delivery guys will dismantle the fridge doors to rectify.

when buying fridge, have to look at the size without doors. most of the fridge specs will tell you the size without the doors so that if worse case, the delivery men can dismantle the doors then go through then install the doors again once inside the kitchen.

The problem with my 1st fridge is even after dismantling the fridge doors, its still too big to go through the main door. that is the problem with older flats as the main door is not as big (ie 1 panel only). Newer flats that have a main door, and smaller section on the side to open bigger if needed, then no problem to go through.

Hi Jolene, not sure whether your fridge has been delivered but my 1st choice was a French door fridge. Then I realised it can't go through my main door. You better check whether this can go through your main door or not.

My neighbour also encounter the same problem... :unsure:

Mine is 84.5 wide..so I think can??? My main door is not up yet...only a temp door...

But what if cannot go in? :bangwall:

Edited by jolene23

when buying fridge, have to look at the size without doors. most of the fridge specs will tell you the size without the doors so that if worse case, the delivery men can dismantle the doors then go through then install the doors again once inside the kitchen.

The problem with my 1st fridge is even after dismantling the fridge doors, its still too big to go through the main door. that is the problem with older flats as the main door is not as big (ie 1 panel only). Newer flats that have a main door, and smaller section on the side to open bigger if needed, then no problem to go through.

I think mine should be fine?? I went to measure my mum's house door (also old house) slightly bigger (think 1-2 cm :unsure: )than my fridge...

Let's pray hard hard.... It is going to be delivered next sat.. Shall update you guys again.. :rolleyes:

Anymore pics of the completed reno? How would you rate Renoguyz & care to share the full quotation? thanks! :sport-smiley-004:

Hehe...my renovation is not done yet!! Still empty empty, only finish plastering + electrical wiring..

That's why no more updates.

My ID did ask us if we can wait as it's super busy during year end. Since we are not rushing, we let the workers take their own sweet time. We started in mid dec but HDB didn't give us the permit to hack wall until end Dec, by then it's Xmas, then New Year...Then Feb rest 1/2 months due to CNY... zz

So far renovation has been good, everything's in order.*TOUCH WOOD..no hiccups as for now* ID responses is quick. :good:

Here's the quotation.

After the quotation was done, we actually add on a few things. It is not included in the quote.

Screenshot_2013-02-20-22-29-19_zps04c612a1.png

Screenshot_2013-02-20-22-29-33_zps36ca0723.png

End of this quote is about $39k.

We added the below after this quotation:

- One 8 feet x 4 feet long black tinted mirror for the dining area. $350

- Added 2 feet vanity with solid top + mirror (abt 4-6 feet i think) with carpentry that goes from wash basin all the way to toilet bowl for Master Bath. $700

- Change laminate for master bed room floor to HERF (High End Resilent Flooring) with Skirting (Top up $ 720) ID quote was even cheaper than the EVORICH salesman quote. :sport-smiley-004: ID quote us $1260, Evorich guy quote us $1300++

By the way, is it very odd to have 1 colour for master bedroom and a different colour for common bedroom? We can't find same colour range to the HERF we use.. :bangwall:

- Electrical Estimate in the quote was $2500, but end up think its going to be more than $3730 (because we last min add in another 3 points :bleah: )

Screenshot_2013-02-20-22-48-41_zpse1d0340c.png

Oh ya we also use his recommendated Air Con man.

We took the Mitsubishi Starmex system 4. $4100 including air con ledge, 2 trips to our house (first to run the trunking, after painting then go up and mount the air con)and upgrade to thicker armaflex. We compared the pricing to Gain City & Courts, it's actually slightly cheaper. Any comments?

Edited by jolene23

Thanks Babe! How much for the above works?

Ops sorry I keep editing on the above post... Currently I think it's around $42++?

That's of course excluding the purchase of the W/C, basin, bathtub etc... everything adds up..it's just sooo EX!! :help:

looking at yours, I cant imagine what my reno cost will come up to =(

I think different toilet different colour is fine, so long as each toilet looks good on its own.

looking at yours, I cant imagine what my reno cost will come up to =(

I think different toilet different colour is fine, so long as each toilet looks good on its own.

Ops I forget to mention, it's the floor for masterbedroom & common bed room.. :sport-smiley-004:

Is yours going to be a big job as well? Started sourcing ID?

Actually I have quotations from like 10 over IDs, Renoguyz is so far the cheapest! It took me like 2-3 months to settle on an ID... :dancingqueen:

I think mine should be fine?? I went to measure my mum's house door (also old house) slightly bigger (think 1-2 cm :unsure: )than my fridge...

Let's pray hard hard.... It is going to be delivered next sat.. Shall update you guys again.. :rolleyes:

if cannot go through, i also don't know what will happen. i know that time i bought it, i ask them what if cannot go through. they said its paid for and taken out of box, so no refund. since have 1-2cm left, should be ok lah.

Renovation commences again.

Aircon man came to do the trunking already... it looks kind of untidy with all the big fat trunking...But no choice...

Our 50L water heater is installed, goshhhh it look so BIG!! :unsure:

B89BAA07-0E4D-4A21-BC9B-7EACFD2175ED-1600-0000011CF12F9E8E_zps161a568b.jpg

W/C and bathtub install in masterbath. No basin yet as it will be with a vanity top.

E3B227EC-6751-4113-9B75-986ABB533D23-1600-0000011D422329D8_zps0876ad14.jpg

C62B0069-1C13-4D0F-A05A-1D5F7EE84E85-1600-0000011DF3037426_zpsb269df3e.jpg

W/C & Simple basin in common bath.

A89BC76D-ECDA-4C63-B208-24DCD256ADC9-1600-0000011CFE895705_zps4cb79237.jpg

Renovation commences again.

Aircon man came to do the trunking already... it looks kind of untidy with all the big fat trunking...But no choice...

Our 50L water heater is installed, goshhhh it look so BIG!! :unsure:

B89BAA07-0E4D-4A21-BC9B-7EACFD2175ED-1600-0000011CF12F9E8E_zps161a568b.jpg

W/C and bathtub install in masterbath. No basin yet as it will be with a vanity top.

E3B227EC-6751-4113-9B75-986ABB533D23-1600-0000011D422329D8_zps0876ad14.jpg

C62B0069-1C13-4D0F-A05A-1D5F7EE84E85-1600-0000011DF3037426_zpsb269df3e.jpg

W/C & Simple basin in common bath.

A89BC76D-ECDA-4C63-B208-24DCD256ADC9-1600-0000011CFE895705_zps4cb79237.jpg

Hi, mind to share how much you bought the bath tub? Plan to install one in my MBR but worries the dimension can't fit in. What is the size you get? :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, mind to share how much you bought the bath tub? Plan to install one in my MBR but worries the dimension can't fit in. What is the size you get? :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, my bathtub is $288 before GST. 1370 (L) x 710 (W) x 430 (D).

I screenshot the picture below for your reference.

20130227_234309_zpsc7a5888c.jpg

Edited by jolene23