Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summerholiday

Dehumidifier

Hi, all... I am thinking of should whether to buy a dehumidifier and what brand to buy and the effectiveness. I hope that anyone that had experience to share can help. I had tiny insects on the walls and had tried repainting them and buying hippo but they are still around. And my good neighbour had their aircon aimed at the wall we shared. (was told by the town council people who came to check my walls as I had complained on the patches found). I hope people here can shared their experience with their dehumidifiers in this topic.

Thank you very much for your contribution

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Summerholiday,

We have been recommending the Novita brand for 2 years now to our customers, they can be found at most of the major electrical shops. www.novita.com.sg

The bugs are about 1 mm small and only walk (Not fly), these are book lice, their main food source is Mold.

the de humdifier / disposable dehumidifier (Thirsty Hippo) will slow down or stop the mold growth, But the room in question has already been infected.

Painting over a moldy wall will not kill the mold spores.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Terence

Hi, all... I am thinking of should whether to buy a dehumidifier and what brand to buy and the effectiveness. I hope that anyone that had experience to share can help. I had tiny insects on the walls and had tried repainting them and buying hippo but they are still around. And my good neighbour had their aircon aimed at the wall we shared. (was told by the town council people who came to check my walls as I had complained on the patches found). I hope people here can shared their experience with their dehumidifiers in this topic.

Thank you very much for your contribution

Hi Summerholiday,

We have been recommending the Novita brand for 2 years now to our customers, they can be found at most of the major electrical shops. www.novita.com.sg

The bugs are about 1 mm small and only walk (Not fly), these are book lice, their main food source is Mold.

the de humdifier / disposable dehumidifier (Thirsty Hippo) will slow down or stop the mold growth, But the room in question has already been infected.

Painting over a moldy wall will not kill the mold spores.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Terence

This means they will always be there?

Hi,

I am facing the above problem too. Small bugs(1mm very light brown, almost invisible if did not see carefully) can be found in my MBR and my entire ceiling is covered with cotton wool/ spider wed kind of mold.

Any suggestion on how to remove these bugs?

Thanks a million :yamseng: