Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yunn26

A&a Renovation Of Semi-D - For 300K - Is This Reasonable? Attached Quotation

Hello, I just sign in this forums because I need to find a good and trusted builder. I heard a lot of stories about builders. Some ran away with 80% of the payment without completing their job. Can someone recommend me a good and trusted builder. I am on budget too. Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi yunn26, have you completed your reno ? Hope that you are satisfied with their work. Can I have your builders/ID name ? I need to build up my house asap. Thank you.

Interesting.

But why use an ID and not a builder? (of course, the ID would still use a 'builder' to do the wet works)

I would really want to avoid the proposed method of building the 2nd storey floor. Incidentally, my ID (who only did the ID part of my house) took an 'A&A' project for another client and did the same method. He invited me over to the site for some inputs of the result, and frankly I scolded him for having done it that way. The whole floor felt hollowed, unlike when one step on a concrete floor.

Just my 2-cent comment.

Cheers!

I'm from builder and we normally follow ID because builder don't have sales man to listen to owner shouting here and there.

ID sales person really damm good listen and know how to work out with different contractors.

The quotation I see can easily get $200k before PE , URA BCA approve. those approver from QP is abt 20 ~ 30k.

We ever try become own ID by sub out drawing and do coordination work with afew contractors, the most difficult part is owner.

so we give up and let ID face the music. So ID get $100k for coordination and their showroom rental and all other staff and overhead, i think i still ok for them to earn this much.

However if we engage sales ppl, we might think back become ID film then contractor again as not require spend of materials and levy and so many engineer. Best part, ID's director live in penthouse and we A-A contractor still facing HDB wall for living.

Edited by tailgatepro