Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cruise

Interpretation Of Hdb Rental Condition

Hi

can someone help explain to interpret this particular HDB rules in renting a HDB flat / room = found in their website as follows:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentOpenMktRentOutRoom?OpenDocument

quote:

Tenancy/Property Ownership Status

a. Subtenants must not be tenants/owners of other HDB flats except for :

Owners who are eligible to sublet their whole HDB flat

- They must sublet their own flat within 1 month after having rented a flat from another flat owner.

- They are not able to sublet their own flat after they move out of their flat as there are other occupiers remaining behindTenancy/Property Ownership Status

unquote

My confusion and seeking clarification :

1) Does it mean the subtenant cannot rent another HDB flat IF he owns a HDB flat?

2) If one has move out of their flat, how can there by other occupiers remaining? I dont understand this?

3) Is there a contradiction in the conditions stated -

"not able to sublet their own flat after they move out" and "must sublet own flat within 1 month AFTER having rent a flat"???

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1) Does it mean the subtenant cannot rent another HDB flat IF he owns a HDB flat?

they can rent provided their own flat is eligible to be sublet, and if they must sublet their own flat within a month after they rent a flat.

2) If one has move out of their flat, how can there by other occupiers remaining? I dont understand this?

when you buy a hdb flat the buyer are usually "main leasee" and "co leasee" e.g husband and wife, then there are "occupier" e.g parent, children and sibling. if you want to check whether there is any occupier listed in your flat, check with branch office

"not able to sublet their own flat after they move out" and "must sublet own flat within 1 month AFTER having rent a flat"???

this part mean those that are not eligible to sublet their own flat but they want to move out and rent a flat, if they have occupier listed in their own flat they can do so. e.g divorce/separation case

Hi

can someone help explain to interpret this particular HDB rules in renting a HDB flat / room = found in their website as follows:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentOpenMktRentOutRoom?OpenDocument

quote:

Tenancy/Property Ownership Status

a. Subtenants must not be tenants/owners of other HDB flats except for :

Owners who are eligible to sublet their whole HDB flat

- They must sublet their own flat within 1 month after having rented a flat from another flat owner.

- They are not able to sublet their own flat after they move out of their flat as there are other occupiers remaining behindTenancy/Property Ownership Status

unquote

My confusion and seeking clarification :

they can rent provided their own flat is eligible to be sublet, and if they must sublet their own flat within a month after they rent a flat.

when you buy a hdb flat the buyer are usually "main leasee" and "co leasee" e.g husband and wife, then there are "occupier" e.g parent, children and sibling. if you want to check whether there is any occupier listed in your flat, check with branch office

this part mean those that are not eligible to sublet their own flat but they want to move out and rent a flat, if they have occupier listed in their own flat they can do so. e.g divorce/separation case

Edited by rosks

Well, then rent condo n u dun have such problems lor.. I know of people sublet their HDB, top up a bit n rent condo.. idea rite? Haha