Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Z3phy

Resale 4Rm Flat In Pasir Ris

oops... hahaha... din realised the different nick leh. i used my friend's pc and forgot to change to my login.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys.. i know i havent been active these few months. But something happened last weekend and i'm compelled to share it here.

i was cleaning up the house last saturday and there was this guy peeping thru the window. then he knocked on the door. i opened the door thinking he was the delivery guy. (i was waiting for a delivery of dog food) But he's not.

first thing he said, "do you know your windows can be removed? i can show you ."

i told him to show.. and he did.

even thought my windows were locked, he could easily open them. less than 3 seconds, both windows and the grilles (also locked) were opened. he could also lock it back to the original state.

can u imagine how i would have felt?

reno less than 3 months ago, and this was happening. the hse could have been broken in (technically) and i wouldnt even have known!

Edited by Z3phy

Hi Z3phy,

Who is this guy? Why did he want to show this to you?

How did he open the locked grills and locked windows?

Appreciate if you can share.

Thank You.

Hi guys.. i know i havent been active these few months. But something happened last weekend and i'm compelled to share it here.

i was cleaning up the house last saturday and there was this guy peeping thru the window. then he knocked on the door. i opened the door thinking he was the delivery guy. (i was waiting for a delivery of dog food) But he's not.

first thing he said, "do you know your windows can be removed? i can show you ."

even thought my windows were locked, he could easily open them. less than 3 seconds, both windows and the grilles (also locked) were opened. he could also lock it back to the original state.

reno less than 3 months ago, and this was happening. the hse could have been broken in (technically) and i wouldnt even have known!

WAHHHHHHHHHH! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! :jawdrop:

IS HE A PROFESSIONAL BURGLAR? :o

Not sure if it's the same guy, but I encountered the same in Oct last yr (about 4-5 months after my reno). He showed me how easy it is to remove the sliding window panes let alone the sliding grills.. :o Eventually I let him did 2 sets of additional lockset for each of my my sliding windows at the living hall & common room, both facing the common corridor.. Can't recall how much i paid.. smthing like $200 plus/minus if i din recall wrongly?

Z3phy - did u let him do If yes, how many & how much?

Wow got such a thing. Like that don't do extra lock seens unsafe. Get from him also like very weird, like he's out to make money from u by doing that. Hmmm so how did you handle in the end?

Hi all.. it's probably the same guy or same company if they charge $45 per lock.

I think i havent gotten over the shock. =(

he said all new windows and grilles are like that. the old ugly hdb windows cannot be removed.

he also said," your contractor din tell u rite? coz if he told you, u wont change the windows."

i was so flustered la.. din know what to do. he asked for a drink. and asked if he can come in. my fren was ard.. so ok.. he came in.. then asked if we wanna do..

i was like still in a daze. then while fren toking to him, i went to do some research.

found nothing but some forum claiming it's a scam.

but how is it a scam if they can open my window!! i got really worried.

and so i called the police.

btw, police took like 40 mins to arrive. i could have been dead by then lo.

i was so flustered la.. din know what to do. he asked for a drink. and asked if he can come in. my fren was ard.. so ok.. he came in.. then asked if we wanna do..

i was like still in a daze. then while fren toking to him, i went to do some research.

found nothing but some forum claiming it's a scam.

but how is it a scam if they can open my window!! i got really worried.

and so i called the police.

btw, police took like 40 mins to arrive. i could have been dead by then lo.

He doesn't seem very professional. Are you serious when you said you called for the police? What did the police do?

I recall a similiar encounter a year ago. This person (Tall, slim and lengthy man in his mid forties) said he had observed my newly renovated place and had wanted to tell me that my corridor windows can easily be opened within a minute. Like you, he pushed open my sliding window and lifted my new window grilles..... really shocking and made me really embarrassed.

He manged to convinced me to install the lockset for all my corridor windows and grilles, assuring me that once installed, all would be safe. I remembered paying him about $350 for all.

I secretly took a photograph of him while he was installing, in case he tried to be funny.... all turned out to be alright.

I don't think it is a scam. He is only trying to earn some $$$ from his professional service.

Our window grills face the same problem and we discovered it cos my Mr E tested it himself recently. Tried telling both main & sub-con about this problem & asked for rectification but no solution yet. Last payment to main con held back till this is fixed though we are doubtful.

Does the additional lock set make the windows more secure now?

Our window grills face the same problem and we discovered it cos my Mr E tested it himself recently. Tried telling both main & sub-con about this problem & asked for rectification but no solution yet. Last payment to main con held back till this is fixed though we are doubtful.

Does the additional lock set make the windows more secure now?

The additional locks certainly make it more difficult to intruders to break in as compared to the stock grilles and window locks.

The additional locks certainly make it more difficult to intruders to break in as compared to the stock grilles and window locks.

Hi potatoes, would you mind taking a picture of this lock to show me? Intend to show the sub-con and get them to rectify. Our concern is 2 sets of windows facing the corridor TIA!

Hi all, i was really taken aback by the approach of the guy (description as per Z3phy; think it's the same guy) & was really skeptical in the first plc but when he showed it to me, i was shocked & was convinced so let him do the installation right away.. mayb i should've waited & sought 2nd opinion first but I was scared that if this guy could do it once, he (or his 同谋 if any) could do it again & break into my hse!! :o (ya, Z3phy, i recall now, it was $45 per set & I did 4). I won't say it's a perfect job but the windows are really secured now. :thumbs up: I understd from the guy whilst he was working for a company, he was doing this on his own to earn some pocket $$.. :unsure:

Oh ya! I wanted to take a pic or 2 last nite to share but forgot all abt it. Will do it this eve. Makan - thanks for reminding.. And to all who haven't encountered this - gd to check with your contractor first & get them to do it properly lor if you think it's necessary.. Gd luck to all! :yamseng:

Edited by jus4fun

Some guys came to my place before about 1 years ago and it was almost 10pm. They were talking outside the corridor and i can see their shadow on my window, though it was my neighbour seconds later began to see their hand moving around the edge of my window. I opened the door and they say: Hello sir, can I show you, your windows and grills are not safe and it can be open with just a screw driver. They were so pro, lift the sliding windows and the grill in sec with a screw driver. We were stunt and he say he can provide solution with a lock install on the windows. We make them do 1 lock to show for proof and it work. They did a total of 8 locks and cost $350, we did it because our is a corridor units and to have a better sleep at night.