Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Z3phy

Resale 4Rm Flat In Pasir Ris

yesyes... $45 per lock and each window panel requires 1 lock. for mine, a total of 12 window panels facing corridor. so $540. the guy did mention abt $400 plus when i asked him how much doing the locks would cost me.

I did call the police. coz firstly, when i asked for namecard, they dun have. secondly, when i wanna take a look at their "receipt" book, they were jumpy. told me not to take photo blah blah blah...

there were a total of 5 persons. the boss is called Jack and he appears to be very patient. extremely actually. even when police came.. he was still smiley and said he understand.. and that he doesnt wan us to be unhappy.

and jus4fun, u are so right. there was simply no time to think. they were like pushing pushing pushing.... after using scare tactic, i can hardly get my thoughts together lo.

i can show u the photos too... saw online these locks cost $4 each. when i told them, they say, these locks were customised. different from the ones online. which i agree. theirs can be unlocked without the key. have to show u guys the picture to get a better idea.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yesyes... $45 per lock and each window panel requires 1 lock. for mine, a total of 12 window panels facing corridor. so $540. the guy did mention abt $400 plus when i asked him how much doing the locks would cost me.

I did call the police. coz firstly, when i asked for namecard, they dun have. secondly, when i wanna take a look at their "receipt" book, they were jumpy. told me not to take photo blah blah blah...

there were a total of 5 persons. the boss is called Jack and he appears to be very patient. extremely actually. even when police came.. he was still smiley and said he understand.. and that he doesnt wan us to be unhappy.

and jus4fun, u are so right. there was simply no time to think. they were like pushing pushing pushing.... after using scare tactic, i can hardly get my thoughts together lo.

i can show u the photos too... saw online these locks cost $4 each. when i told them, they say, these locks were customised. different from the ones online. which i agree. theirs can be unlocked without the key. have to show u guys the picture to get a better idea.

Wow! u mean u were faced with 5 of them! i would hv felt intimidated.. mine a loner & i gave in liao.. :(

Actually the lockset does secure the windows better except that the approach was scary & hope we did not kena chopped carrot head.. :unsure:

Ya, let's share pictures when we get home this evening for the benefits of other bros & sis..:)

lol.. i laughed when i read the part where you called the police on them :good:

however, yea, very scary leh, it's like, if you don't let them do, then later in the night they know which house to go to........

can post picture of the lock they use? is this problem only with sliding windows? so if use casement window wun have such problem lor?

Sorry folks, went home late last night.. took the pics (sorry for the poor quality due to poor light condition) but only got time now to upload..

Shown here are the 2 locksets installed for my 3-panel sliding windows in my common bedrm. Got another 2 sets for my 4-panel windows in the living rm.

windowlockset1_zps07686b14.jpg

windowlockset2_zpse6ba6f9f.jpg

(oops! looks like the locksets need some polishing.. :P)

Edited by jus4fun

mine looks different from yours. see >>>>

20130716_223318_zpsd1e6d49a.jpg

If you see closely, there is a catch at the topside of the lock where u can just press in to unlock. without the use of the key.

coz the guy explained that they modify this to suit windows with grilles.

with the grilles in place, it's hard to insert the key to unlock.

Edited by Z3phy

lol.. i laughed when i read the part where you called the police on them :good:

however, yea, very scary leh, it's like, if you don't let them do, then later in the night they know which house to go to........

can post picture of the lock they use? is this problem only with sliding windows? so if use casement window wun have such problem lor?

problem is, we are corridor unit. no casement windows allowed.

my other windows (facing the other side, non corridor) are all casement lo. if i have a choice i wont put sliding windows.

seriously speaking their way of biz so odd. i dont this they are a registered company with BCA or HDB license. If you have receipt you may want to take it up.

pardon me. you guys never install grilles?

my house have both sliding and grilles. we custom the grilles lock our selves. but i think if they install like that would opening the sliding windows for air ventilation be hard for owners like you?

mine look exactly like Z3phy, the theory is that before install these lock, one is able to lift the sliding windows and push it upwards and it will be able to remove. With these lock, the panel are hold together and it make it difficult to lift them.

anyway... i was telling you guys the police took 40 mins to arrive and i had to stall them. i was panicking and din really know wat to do. btw i also called Town council to check if they are aware of such cases, and they are not. (sleeping i guess)

when police arrive, they were kinda not useful. (to call them useless would have been very rude). They actually sided guys saying "u let them in rite?"

i told him, yes. coz if i dun do the locks, and they have proven they can open my windows easily. what else could i have done? they can come in anytime within seconds! we also check the website ACRA and they are registered. i think over 20 years.

The boss was very nice. kept reassuring that they are legit. and offered us a discount. saying doesnt wan any unhappiness.

i oso scared la.. i say nmind.. wats done is done. and will pay for watever they have installed.

but he insisted he do the last room and charge me $250 for all. 50% cheaper???!

i think the locks are not worth that price ($45) if u ask me. but the way they put in.. (you can include transportation, workmanship etc.) "noone will do it for this price." i quote one of the men.

i suggest you ask your contractor to secure your windows and grilles before handover. dun be like the rest of us. stupid stupid. i dun even know i was an open target till last weekend.

seriously speaking their way of biz so odd. i dont this they are a registered company with BCA or HDB license. If you have receipt you may want to take it up.

pardon me. you guys never install grilles?

my house have both sliding and grilles. we custom the grilles lock our selves. but i think if they install like that would opening the sliding windows for air ventilation be hard for owners like you?

of coz got grilles la. but as previously posted, the men were able to remove both grilles and windows.

and my grilles are aluminium, they say hollow inside, can be broken easily.

and as per post 669, just have to press the "button" at the top to unlock. it's just one more step. i wont say it's difficult la.

Edited by Z3phy

Although of different make & installed differently, mine works actually like Z3phy's.. To lock, just push in the latch. To unlock, need the key of cos. Once all the windows r locked, there is no way anyone could remove the windows le from outside (short of breaking it) or take out the key from the lockset (which I leave in the lockset for convenience.. gd thing is, my windows r about 1.7m above the floor so the locksets can't be seen outside.. :P)

The guy asked me to install for my grills too but i said i'm only concerned when there's no one at hm. We always lock the windows when we are out, so now that the windows are locked properly i have less worry for the grills.. :bleah: (luckily he din prove me wrong by breaking in when someone is in though :unsure:)

The guy who did for me apparently no company so no issue receipt.. :(

Edited by jus4fun