Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Z3phy

Resale 4Rm Flat In Pasir Ris

Ya very direct. Haha.

Stainless steel or not, the lifetime warranty gives us assurance.

yah lah... provided we are intending to live in the same flat for long. Moreover, Song cho is for the well to do. not for poor birds like me. hehe.. i'm just saying it's not what many pple think it is which is Stainless steel lo.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not defending Song Cho, but I don't think this is true. Past posting where someone actually said something that made sense... but this is does not give a complete picture, which I will elaborate on a little more

as far as i'm concerned, if it's going to be used in any area where it would be exposed to water, moisture or high humidity, i'll spend the money to get 100% stainless steel(SS).

reason why Song Cho is so ex compared to the others is cos they use 18-8 grade SS. this is the best possible grade that offers the highest resistance to rust.

next grade, which is commonly used in a lot of SSl applications due to lower cost of material, is 18-10.

for toilet accessories, wat i knw is that it's either 18-8 SS or chrome-plated brass. as far as i knw, chrome-plated brass is the next best thing to 18-8 or 18-10 SS.

the cheapest alternatives are chrome-plated steel. really cheap too. but a big word of caution. these WILL rust in no time. the chrome is applied not to give it rust resistance, but rather, to improve its appearance. hence, it does not have any rust resistance properties at all. tt's also why some chrome items from IKEA rust within a few months of usage. cos these were essentially chrome-plated steel.

Most shiny bathroom products have chrome plated onto them. This is different from alloying. The chrome plating offers a certain finish and protection from oxidation, but if exposed to moisture and rough usage, will wear easily and the steel underneath will then start to have some corrosion.

Stainless steel on the other hand contains chromium and nickel, alloyed into the steel mixture. 18-8 often refers to the chromium and nickel present in the steel alloy that makes up what we call stainless steel. There is a grade where the chromium and nickel is present in 18%/8% ratios - this is like a reference grade upon which most stainless steel products are based. Song Cho uses the 18-8 as a marketing device, but basically their products are made of stainless steel alloys.

The chromium functions to form an oxide (protective layer) over the material, which resists corrosion. Other alloying materials are also added to produce different grades of stainless steel, for different applications.

For example, the HDB/household pipes often use 304-stainless steel pipes. You can read this from the lettering printed on the piping.

Pharmaceutical and industry uses 316-series pipes, which are resistant to chemical-based corrosion, or instances where there are chlorides (acid) / or saltwater. There are people in this same forum who will insist on using 316 for their house - maybe they live 20m under the sea, and scream when the plumber charge them 2x the cost of materials.

The Song Cho sales executive could be a numpty, who has zero product understanding and is talking garbage. Repeating it here does not make it the truth. One can listen, but always be discerning.

Frankly speakinh I did a google after seeing Z3phy's post, and like what ucypmas said, their website stated the 18-8 grade stainless steel (though I dont know what that means,all I know is that it's SS). There are no rumours and any other things on the web on representing song cho products are not SS.

Doesn't mean those who buy song cho are well to do, it's just that some have different priority. Like me and my wife think LEDs are unnecessary cost.

Edited by macuser77

haha.. so they dun even know their products. sigh.. wat to do? when they told me not SS, immediately put me off.

but mine is ok so far... when my cheap shelving rust/spoil, i'll update!!!!

thanks macuser77 & ucypmas for the detailed info man....

repeating sth doesnt mean it's true. =.= will rem this.

Edited by Z3phy

Frankly speakinh I did a google after seeing Z3phy's post, and like what ucypmas said, their website stated the 18-8 grade stainless steel (though I dont know what that means,all I know is that it's SS). There are no rumours and any other things on the web on representing song cho products are not SS.

Doesn't mean those who buy song cho are well to do, it's just that some have different priority. Like me and my wife think LEDs are unnecessary cost.

Din mean to offend u when i said song cho for well to do. i'm not one good with words and very often say what i dun mean to say.. u get what i mean?

agree on the different priorities... haha.. like how i got LED lights.

Din mean to offend u when i said song cho for well to do. i'm not one good with words and very often say what i dun mean to say.. u get what i mean?

agree on the different priorities... haha.. like how i got LED lights.

Hey no worries about being offensive !

This is the place to share opinions / information.

My reply was also quite harsh, though I didn't mean it. Should've inserted a smiley :)

We shall not tok abt SongCho here ok? i ban!

hehe.. anyway.. honestly, i think the one i'm using is good enough. coz firstly, no kids, . secondly, no rough usage. lastly, i might move out after a few years or get a reno done again.

i get bored easily la. must change once in a while. =x

Kitchen shelving

if i rem correctly, Excel is also not stainless steel. it's all chrome coated... same as mine. but mine not double coated la. lol. but price is like 25% of Song Cho.

Side track abit... i'm looking forward to my JB Fishhead curry trip this weekend. lol. anyone tried it? Kam Leng fishhead. they only sell 1 dish ONLY.

I go to Kam Loong, and that one is FANTASTIC...best chinese version of curry fish head i have eaten...recommended it to friends and they agree it is the best too!

I go to Kam Loong, and that one is FANTASTIC...best chinese version of curry fish head i have eaten...recommended it to friends and they agree it is the best too!

I think it's the same one. along the road rite? next to city square.

Hi Z3phy

I just bought a sugawa smart coooker at the Expo ytd and was searching fanatically for reviews on the cooker and recalled you had one too! how was it? Have you tried turning both on to cook? Read some reviews from Msia that it causes power failure and it's getting me worrying. :(

Hi Z3phy

I just bought a sugawa smart coooker at the Expo ytd and was searching fanatically for reviews on the cooker and recalled you had one too! how was it? Have you tried turning both on to cook? Read some reviews from Msia that it causes power failure and it's getting me worrying. :(

hullo, for these few months, i think i only used both at the same time once. boiling soup and frying stuff.

it worked perfectly for me for that ONE time.

think the only prob is when i'm using a small pot, the safety feature takes over and switch off every 2 mins. this happens to the induction side only.

if i'm not wrong, there is a recommended pot size (i cant rem the actual size though)

the ceramic one doesnt have this problem. in fact, i can put anything on top, like my glass of drink to warm it up and the handle doesnt get hot.

Yes along the road...v near city sq :)

it was sooooooooo good... we ordered 2 large portions for 4 pax. lol =P

can tabao back or not ah?

it was sooooooooo good... we ordered 2 large portions for 4 pax. lol =P

can tabao back or not ah?

Can! We have done that...they wrap the raw snapper head in plastic and newspaper, the veggies separate, and the gravy separate...go home...dump everything in a pot...when the veggie is soft, the curry is ready :)

Can! We have done that...they wrap the raw snapper head in plastic and newspaper, the veggies separate, and the gravy separate...go home...dump everything in a pot...when the veggie is soft, the curry is ready :)

SERIOUS. but u drove la... i'm wondering if they will allow me to carry thru customs lo.. I take public transport. haha!!