Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

I just saw that you have a thread here! Have u shortlisted anyone? I think of all of the ppl u mention i cannot stand the everything also cannot do type.. ..some IDs contractors dun even bother understanding whether it's our house or their house... hahah

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Mk,

I have kinda of decided to get Alan to do my renovation. =)

Alan told me he would only be able to start after 1st April, which is fine with me as I don't like to rush things and take it a step at a time. But I have planned most of what I wanted to do already during this time. It is now just decision making time based on budget and shopping time to buy all the things needed for the house. ;p

Hopefully when we start, we should be able to get it done fast as I have already decided on everything unless the plans have to change because of some issues that comes during renovation.

How about you? when are you starting or have you started already? hmm...need to go read your blog...the last I remember I think you were going to select tiles or something ya? ;P sorry short term memory...;p

When are you aiming to start your renovation? Mind sharing who you have shortlisted? :)

Hi Ment0S,

Yup...Yup , I have a thread but have not updated for so long. I also have another thread that I started some time back on research . ;p

Yup! Yup! my wifey also cannot stand the everything cannot do type... she was like aiyoh! Is this my house or his???? hehehehe

I have shortlisted Alan after going through ID's and Contractors. my wifey likes him and was like saying, " I felt safe and calm , I know the renovation is going to go smooth with him"... wah.... say like that even before reno start.

So hoping it goes smooth like how my wife dreams it will be. :good:

I find Alan easy to talk with and he seems to be pretty accommodating, so hope everything goes smooth. =)

So you're nearly completed right? So is Alan as my wife imagines him to be?? ;p

I just saw that you have a thread here! Have u shortlisted anyone? I think of all of the ppl u mention i cannot stand the everything also cannot do type.. ..some IDs contractors dun even bother understanding whether it's our house or their house... hahah

Edited by jaykr

Welcome to club Alan :D

Alan said he aims to submit renovation permit on the same day as our 2nd appointment so think earliest he can start is end of April. But we are to confirm tiles the weekend before (ie 20/21 April). Can't wait for it to start!

Thank you . Thank you.

It is nice to belong to club that has a very interesting members with a wide variety of distinct taste h :sport-smiley-004:

Wow! MK you are good, you have yet to get your keys and you already have bought your things etc....heh

I only planned after I got my keys. ;p

I got my flat from the Sales of Balance Flats. My queue was number 37 / 40. so limited choices....but got to make a choice! or else have to wait another few years!! :bleah: =)

Welcome to club Alan :D

Alan said he aims to submit renovation permit on the same day as our 2nd appointment so think earliest he can start is end of April. But we are to confirm tiles the weekend before (ie 20/21 April). Can't wait for it to start!

Edited by jaykr

Hi Ment0S,

Yup...Yup , I have a thread but have not updated for so long. I also have another thread that I started some time back on research . ;p

Yup! Yup! my wifey also cannot stand the everything cannot do type... she was like aiyoh! Is this my house or his???? hehehehe

I have shortlisted Alan after going through ID's and Contractors. my wifey likes him and was like saying, " I felt safe and calm , I know the renovation is going to go smooth with him"... wah.... say like that even before reno start.

So hoping it goes smooth like how my wife dreams it will be. :good:

I find Alan easy to talk with and he seems to be pretty accommodating, so hope everything goes smooth. =)

So you're nearly completed right? So is Alan as my wife imagines him to be?? ;p

So far He is ok la. Easy to talk to, can tok cock sing song with him. We're almost done with the reno. Targeting handover next week if possible. I will be doing a full review when the reno is complete, as a guide :)

Maybe u wanna start shopping around and shortlist the some items first. Dun have to buy but at least when u need it you know where to get it pronto!

Hi retchlow,

yup...yup... took a long time to decide, I think I met Alan in end of January till now. ;p

Also, thank you for answering my questions and giving me the contact ehc... appreciate it. =)

I hope you fully got all the answers for your cabinet. ;p

waaaah another alanist

:dancingqueen:

Hi Ment0s,

I think he easy to talk too also... I change my quotation so many times, remove add, remove add, was kinda worried he will get pissed...;p He was pretty accommodating.

It would great to read a review of your experience , I'm sure I would learn a lot of things from you. ;p

Agree with you, need to do that, I am in the process...this weekend a few more things to shortlist.... going to Malaysia to meet my cousin and go look at things, he recommended me a few shops to visit. :D

If you don't mind, may I ask, what counter top are using and how did you come to that decision? thanx!!

So far He is ok la. Easy to talk to, can tok cock sing song with him. We're almost done with the reno. Targeting handover next week if possible. I will be doing a full review when the reno is complete, as a guide :)

Maybe u wanna start shopping around and shortlist the some items first. Dun have to buy but at least when u need it you know where to get it pronto!

Edited by jaykr

Hi everyone,

Can I ask what counter tops did you'll use and why?

If I want some light colors like white what choice do I have ?

Appreciate your views and opinions.

Thank You.

Hi Ment0s,

I think he easy to talk too also... I change my quotation so many times, remove add, remove add, was kinda worried he will get pissed...;p He was pretty accommodating.

It would great to read a review of your experience , I'm sure I would learn a lot of things from you. ;p

Agree with you, need to do that, I am in the process...this weekend a few more things to shortlist.... going to Malaysia to meet my cousin and go look at things, he recommended me a few shops to visit. :D

If you don't mind, may I ask, what counter top are using and how did you come to that decision? thanx!!

I'm using caeserstone quartz because I only want white counter top and I prefer something more durable and since i'm paying for quatz which is premium price, i'll rather use caeserstone brand(the most popular/famous) one.

I can't say that quartz will be easy maintenance for sure but it's definitely tougher than solid surface. There is another one called kompactop that looks sturdy as well. Ask alan for it, he has the sample in his car (his mobile 5-room flat)

We actually bought some of the stuff like sanitary fittings and some furniture even before we confirmed Alan because some of these stuff doesnt change regardless which contactor ID you use :)

Hi everyone,

Can I ask what counter tops did you'll use and why?

If I want some light colors like white what choice do I have ?

Appreciate your views and opinions.

Thank You.

I am also using white. I think for white, basically there are two materials to choose from, solid surface and quartz. I didn't like quartz cos there will be an obvious "grout" line, so it came down to just solid surface for me. There are various price points for solid surface, I suppose different price = different quality? I chose Samsung brand solid surface, price is in between normal solid surface and quartz. Erm.... but don't ask me how much cos I don't remember :P

Thanx Ment0s ! Mind if I ask a follow up question? Which model of white did you choose? 2141? Also did you like decide on the type of profile edging you wanted?

Did you choose 20mm or 40mm ?

Mind if if I ask why that particular profile is because of the style or because its better to prevent chipping etc?? ;p

Did you get the warranty card for Caesarstone? Mind if I ask what was the per foot cost for you? If you don't want to tell its ok...if you don't mind telling, I would like to know... thanx!!!

Errr....hope I didn't bombard you with too many questions...;p

I'm using caeserstone quartz because I only want white counter top and I prefer something more durable and since i'm paying for quatz which is premium price, i'll rather use caeserstone brand(the most popular/famous) one.