Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

Hi MK,

Yup... it definitely is. The craftstone place is also not very near and is in one ulu place.

I bought the crafstone but have yet to bring it in, trying to figure out how to bring it in slowly as I do not have a car. ;p

Tiles would be worst as they are very much heavier per box! ;p

Yes it is rather far! Where did you ask Craftstone to send the bricks to? We told them to send to our cousin in JB and then we bring a few cartons bit by bit. My dad tried to ferry back 2 cartons last week and was stopped at the customs but luckily never kena any GST (which can't be cos less than $400) or trouble from the customs officer!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Mk,

I also asked it to be left at my cousin's place. My cousin called and he was like telling me... he nearly broke his back as the boxes are like very heavy. He said the craftstone is like 3 feet wide and 30 kilos and the others are like 20 kilos but easier to bring by car.

I am now panicking because the 3 feet and 30 kilos ones are so heavy and wide , how to bring in and then bring up to my flat as mine does not have lift. :bangwall::curse:

Need to look for a solution.

Yes it is rather far! Where did you ask Craftstone to send the bricks to? We told them to send to our cousin in JB and then we bring a few cartons bit by bit. My dad tried to ferry back 2 cartons last week and was stopped at the customs but luckily never kena any GST (which can't be cos less than $400) or trouble from the customs officer!

Hacking Work Completed

Master Bedroom Bathroom:

8642777448_5f74da17c9_z.jpg

Common Bathroom :

8642778104_177f0a3766_z.jpg

New Entrance/Doorway from Bedroom 3 to Common Bathroom.

8641678717_45770dd58b_z.jpg

Kitchen with storeroom section removed - Side 1:

8642780140_7637395f09_z.jpg

Kitchen with storeroom section removed - Side 2:

8641679525_a8e0538bbd_z.jpg

Edited by jaykr

Hi Mk,

I also asked it to be left at my cousin's place. My cousin called and he was like telling me... he nearly broke his back as the boxes are like very heavy. He said the craftstone is like 3 feet wide and 30 kilos and the others are like 20 kilos but easier to bring by car.

I am now panicking because the 3 feet and 30 kilos ones are so heavy and wide , how to bring in and then bring up to my flat as mine does not have lift. :bangwall::curse:

Need to look for a solution.

U bought Craftstone and craft bricks? Wow, didn't know Craftstone is that bulky. Suggest you invest in a trolley - it helps! I borrowed from my office and now seriously thinking of buying one for ourselves!

Hi Mk,

Yeah....Bought Craftstone and craftbricks . My cousin was saying the craftbricks are smaller so definitely can bring in car but not the craftstone as it a pretty big and about 30 plus kg's.

I am going to but a trolley also, probably go to homefix and get the primstar at 138 dollars. Think can get it cheaper at other places but need to find them. Need to check if it is the made in Japan one.

I actually bought my bathroom fittings from Malaysia too with 5 year warranty. I bought it during the "homefair" event they had im J.B. My cousin knows the person and so got a bit of discount as well as if anything goes wrong I know the replacement is easy and the quality is good as my cousin is using it in his house there.

The sink however buying here, its much cheaper and better quality here.

U bought Craftstone and craft bricks? Wow, didn't know Craftstone is that bulky. Suggest you invest in a trolley - it helps! I borrowed from my office and now seriously thinking of buying one for ourselves!

Edited by jaykr

The following are the tiles for the bathrooms and Kitchen :

They consists of 30 x 60 and 30 x 30 tiles.

Master bedroom & Common bathroom tiles :

8643791327_3c1dc6e38f_c.jpg

Bathroom 1 tiles :

8644886440_0f2b58d751_c.jpg

Bathroom 2 tiles :

8644885442_43dc7c9289_c.jpg

Think Alan must be shaking head. When we told him initially the price of the craft bricks we gotten from JB, he looked surprised. Now you also buy from JB, that's a double confirmation of how much things can be cheaper across the causeway.

We bought our taps from Amazon cos we like the oil bronze look which does not seem to be popular here. Yesterday found a shop in Geylang selling a kitchen faucet at S$300+ where Amazon sells for US$129 and looks nicer!

What sink are you getting from here? We are looking at granite sinks, some Indian brand Carysil cos Blanco is branded & thus, cost more.

Continued...

Kitchen tiles :

8643789411_21383b6335_c.jpg

8643788075_ac9e77e4f6_c.jpg

8644883844_e241b43534_c.jpg

The only tiles that are missing are the back-splash tiles.

We got the same kitchen wall tiles. Lovely right? It's very nice under the light.

How did you estimate how much boxes you need? I asked Alan and he estimated it for me but I think he over estimate at some place and under estimate at other places....but this is me guessing after I did a rough calculation. I have to wait and see.... wonder what to do with the extra boxes that are over estimated....hmmm.....

My Sink...actually haven't decided yet, but was thinking of getting the Hafale sink as it is suppose to be German made and has 1 year warranty to it. But probably will go visit this week to other places and make a decision. The Hafale sink is a stainless steel 16 guage1.2mm thick sink with undermount coated to make it silent as well as a condensation layer. Its about 836mm long or around 3feet.

Have you decided on your Sink? Why Granite? because of the looks?

Think Alan must be shaking head. When we told him initially the price of the craft bricks we gotten from JB, he looked surprised. Now you also buy from JB, that's a double confirmation of how much things can be cheaper across the causeway.

We bought our taps from Amazon cos we like the oil bronze look which does not seem to be popular here. Yesterday found a shop in Geylang selling a kitchen faucet at S$300+ where Amazon sells for US$129 and looks nicer!

What sink are you getting from here? We are looking at granite sinks, some Indian brand Carysil cos Blanco is branded & thus, cost more.

Hi bb 1314 ,

I am hoping it would go along very well with the kitchen cabinet color and the floor color.

I like the design as it is sticking out but subtle . Hope it looks great.

Got any pictures to show how it appears your kitchen? Is done yet?

We got the same kitchen wall tiles. Lovely right? It's very nice under the light.

How did you estimate how much boxes you need? I asked Alan and he estimated it for me but I think he over estimate at some place and under estimate at other places....but this is me guessing after I did a rough calculation. I have to wait and see.... wonder what to do with the extra boxes that are over estimated....hmmm.....

My Sink...actually haven't decided yet, but was thinking of getting the Hafale sink as it is suppose to be German made and has 1 year warranty to it. But probably will go visit this week to other places and make a decision. The Hafale sink is a stainless steel 16 guage1.2mm thick sink with undermount coated to make it silent as well as a condensation layer. Its about 836mm long or around 3feet.

Have you decided on your Sink? Why Granite? because of the looks?

Yes choosing granite sink purely for looks :D

For the craftbricks, we did some rough calculations of the walls we will be covering; also researched on the completed brick walls of other forumers (I tried to count the number of bricks they used!). Finally we double-checked with Alan. We rounded up the figure as it would be safer to have extras!

Ive got almost a carton of craftbricks left. Not sure if u r getting d same one but if u r keen let me know? Can sell at discount.