Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

Hi Potatoes,

Thank you for the wishes. Much appreciated and needed !

Saw that you went through a lot issue resolution and decision making during your renovation, but came out with a pretty good looking home!

Similar to you, I am keeping my marble flooring and just polishing it.

Please view what I am doing in my renovation and if you have any feedback or things you think could be done better, please inform since I am a newbie and a 1st timer in renovating my home. thanx!!

Thanks for reading my blog. I m also reading other blogs for fresh ideas. May I know where is your place and I love your long foyer which is also ur balcony....what do u intend to do there? Impt to give it a relax theme when u step into ur house. I also like your backsplash for your kitchen......the wavy effect :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi potatoes,

I'm in Woodlands.

I'm not doing anything fancy at my Foyer. Once you open the door you will see two things. The first is a D.I.Y Greenwall and at the far end you will see the prayer altar.

At the back of the door will be the low height shoe cabinet. At the far end on the other side will be my new hidden storeroom. I broke the wall in the kitchen where the storeroom was located and have shifted it to the far end corner where it is hidden. Currently it is just a empty space, but will install metal racks with ply wood and have a two panel sliding door to close the "Storeroom".

The other thing we will be doing is green up the place with plants etc... We will be creating a false ceiling in the area to have some down lights with warm lights to create a cosy feel.

Hope it turns out the way as imagined. :D

Thanks for reading my blog. I m also reading other blogs for fresh ideas. May I know where is your place and I love your long foyer which is also ur balcony....what do u intend to do there? Impt to give it a relax theme when u step into ur house. I also like your backsplash for your kitchen......the wavy effect :)

Finally my sink is here, please see the pictures below. Any comments on the sink?

External size (mm) : 820 x 510 x 200

Cut out size (mm) : 790 x 480

Bowl size (mm) : 760 x 400

Bowl depth: 200 mm
Thickness: 1.2 mm
Grade: SUS 304

8662168533_1e7b69e469_c.jpg

8663267972_b114a5c3b9_c.jpg

8662165359_7ff30c311c_c.jpg

Sink getting laid with concrete for sink support.

8663263140_63c7b7c73c_c.jpg

HI ProjectH,

I checked with my cousin , he mentioned that it is actually transport company and so if you want I can get the contact and pass it to you. It is a Malaysian transport company so you will be calling into Malaysia.

If you want the contact, please msg me and I will pass you the contact.

Hi, can i check which transport co u used for the craftbricks delivery back to sg? Many thanks!

Hi Mk,

If you need the contact to the transport company, please inform me and I will msg you the details.

I just got all my craftstone + Craftbricks + other accessories transported today.

Will post the pictures later. =)

$200 not bad for the cross-border transport! Considering the stuff is so heavy and I think overall, cost savings versus buying them locally is still good, right?

Hi Mk,

If you need the contact to the transport company, please inform me and I will msg you the details.

I just got all my craftstone + Craftbricks + other accessories transported today.

Will post the pictures later. =)

Thanks! We have 2 cartons of bricks already here and the balance 8 cartons will be ferried in 2 cars next weekend when we celebrate dad's birthday in JB. So just nice, all settled :)

No Problem. So in total you had 10 boxes right?

Mine was 24 boxes plus other products I bought. So definitely need transport. ;p

Thanks! We have 2 cartons of bricks already here and the balance 8 cartons will be ferried in 2 cars next weekend when we celebrate dad's birthday in JB. So just nice, all settled :)

Is your sink under or overmount? I've been looking for an undermount sink but they don't come with that hole for tap! Alas, I bought my sink already but me kaypoh wanna know :P

HI BC,

Mine is an undermount. I was specifically looking for one that has a hole for the taps. I bought it at 379 with GST. It has one year warranty. It is made in Germany so hope it works well for a very long time.

Is your sink under or overmount? I've been looking for an undermount sink but they don't come with that hole for tap! Alas, I bought my sink already but me kaypoh wanna know :P

The craftstone / craftbrick I bought :

The boxes all stacked up :

8662158521_51900d2478_c.jpg

White Craftbrick :

8662160839_8f3c2a6413_c.jpg

8663259112_8d4edcc2a2_c.jpg

Red Craftbrick :

8662166541_9cc2664de9_c.jpg

Craftstone :

8663260396_2b353b1c99_c.jpg

My new kerb at the service yard . The kerb was specifically built for bathing our pet meow. ;p

8663256144_4c03c8e6e4_c.jpg

Kitchen Concrete Sink Support in Progress :

8663256624_473ce99d5a_c.jpg

Getting ready for the red craft brick :

8662163491_90d64a58e6_c.jpg

HI BC,

Mine is an undermount. I was specifically looking for one that has a hole for the taps. I bought it at 379 with GST. It has one year warranty. It is made in Germany so hope it works well for a very long time.

Aiya, too bad I bought mine already. What brand is this and where did u get it from?