Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

It better turn out well! as I spent quite a bit plus a lot of time of effort researching, traveling , getting the items transported etc..;p

I will post the pics once everything is done! ;p

Hello kitty! Tx for the contacts jaykr! Can't wait to see ur lovely brickwall setup!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Electrical and wiring .... hmmm.... Need to find out what is the average market rate . Anyone knows? or care to share?

I am collecting different quotes to get a benchmark.

Electrical and wiring .... hmmm.... Need to find out what is the average market rate . Anyone knows? or care to share?

I think it's about 3-5k (?), depending on the size of your house.

Usually they charge by unit cost... but bear in mind it also include lining up the wiring from the mains to the lighting / power point, wire materials labour etc. HDBs rewiring usually between 3-5k as summersann has indicated. If you want a lot of power sockets and have many little light points it can get expensive really quickly.

Just for your reference

Light point ~ $40 per point

Light install ~ $8 per point

Cable ~ $100 per point

Heater ~ $100 per point

Single socket 13A ~ $40-50 per pt

Double scoket 13A ~ $50-60 per pt

Air cond 15A ~ $100-120 per pt

DB Board ~ $350-500 per board

Ceiling fan ~ $70-80 per install

Don't pm me for contact because I have none. This is from my various quotes by IDs/contractors. You can do an estimate yourself first in terms of your lighting / power points and see the cost and what people quote if it is in the ballpark.

What other characters? I shall not tell all as I might whacked by the woman here......; 8|

But give you an example... When she wants food, she would come around be so nice, purrr.... and other magical arts to make you feell...awhhhh...... ok ok here is some more extra food.... Once you give her the food,,,,, and you try to play with her, she look at you and like.... oiii! cannot see huh? I am busy doing my stuff....don't come disturb me.... .. Queen Control!! :P

Ooops! I said more that I should have..... I need to disappear!!!:ph34r: heheheheheh

Like a boss, just like mine. Grumbles n hurries me to give her food. Complain when I go near her when she's sleeping. Tsk tsk.

Hi Ucypmas & Summersan & anyone else who is able to help. =)

This is the quotation I got from one of the electricians. It seems to be higher than the range you quoted. I asked for discount and the person said that is the market rate now if you are getting good electricians.

Appreciate any comments & feedback.

01 nos of double socket point. $75.00

01 nos of single socket point $60.00

01 nos of air-con point $150.00 01 nos of heater point $240.00

01 nos of SCV point $120.00

01 tel point $60.00

All new lighting point inculding L box light point($40 each)

All new desiger switcher/plug(whole unit) $600.00

1 no hod/hood point $120.00

Labour to install whole unit lighting $200.00

Usually they charge by unit cost... but bear in mind it also include lining up the wiring from the mains to the lighting / power point, wire materials labour etc. HDBs rewiring usually between 3-5k as summersann has indicated. If you want a lot of power sockets and have many little light points it can get expensive really quickly.

Just for your reference

Light point ~ $40 per point

Light install ~ $8 per point

Cable ~ $100 per point

Heater ~ $100 per point

Single socket 13A ~ $40-50 per pt

Double scoket 13A ~ $50-60 per pt

Air cond 15A ~ $100-120 per pt

DB Board ~ $350-500 per board

Ceiling fan ~ $70-80 per install

Don't pm me for contact because I have none. This is from my various quotes by IDs/contractors. You can do an estimate yourself first in terms of your lighting / power points and see the cost and what people quote if it is in the ballpark.

Edited by jaykr

Hi Breezy,

Tried to msg you , but it says your inbox is full or not able to receive messages.

Maybe you can clear your msgs?

Hi, may I have Alan's contact too? Thanks! :)

We are the slaves, she is the Master! :P

Like a boss, just like mine. Grumbles n hurries me to give her food. Complain when I go near her when she's sleeping. Tsk tsk.

Hi Ucypmas & Summersan & anyone else who is able to help. =)

This is the quotation I got from one of the electricians. It seems to be higher than the range you quoted. I asked for discount and the person said that is the market rate now if you are getting good electricians.

Appreciate any comments & feedback.

01 nos of double socket point. $75.00

01 nos of single socket point $60.00

01 nos of air-con point $150.00 01 nos of heater point $240.00

01 nos of SCV point $120.00

01 tel point $60.00

All new lighting point inculding L box light point($40 each)

All new desiger switcher/plug(whole unit) $600.00

1 no hod/hood point $120.00

Labour to install whole unit lighting $200.00

I did my reno beore CNY and that was about the rate I paid, my main contractor told me the rate will go up by $5 per point after CNY due to the increase in the foreign worker levy, and there might be another round of adjustment mid year when some new foreign worker policy is in place.

You should be able to get some discount if you are not engaging the electrician's service through an ID or a main contractor? I am very happy with the workmanship and attitude of the young malaysian electrician boss, didnt ask for discount but got him to help put up the hammock and 5-6 big posters/paintings. took him 2-3 hours to do the job.

Edited by sarah833

I think the latter quote that you have gotten seems quite ex. If compared to what Alan quoted me, now his rate seems ok though he never put a cap on the number of lighting & fan points he will help to install in the lump sum quoted. Hope he is not too calculative?

I think I found a solution to transport my craft bricks / stone. I got a transport for Singapore 200 bucks to transport directly to my place. hopefully they can do it during working hours so that the contractors will be around to help carry it to my place.

Hi Jayke, do you mind sharing the transport contact and the JB contact for craftstone

Hi Niko !

PMed you the contact!

The price I think depends on how long and wide and what else you are looking for in the concrete sink.

So my pricing might not be related to yours. However for reference, I have seen the following prices, 450 , 680 , 980 .

The pricing differs a lot because, some is just purely concrete sink , some includes tiling, like mine includes, sink support, tiling, laminate, drawers , casement door. Also the length of the sink support matters. mine is about 6 feet. most is shorter than this.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jaykr, I have receive it. Thank you. Wow your concrete sink is so big.. I just need 4 feet with alum door, very simple one. :)

Hi, just know a electrical guy when I went to my new flat today, sawing him doing some wiring for my neighborhood. Maybe you like to give him a call to check out the pricing. He name is G. B. Tay 8188 1139. Hope this help. :)