Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

Hi Blueeeie,

Thanks for the tips, will try it out once we are settled in.... haven't decided on the furniture yet. ;p

Hopefully she is not another one who loves the smell too!! ;P

My parents got fabric sofas in really bright colors or with patterns.. good thing about that is that its not obvious when the cats scratch on it..

But recently we bought more scratching posts for them and scattered it around the house.. they seem to have lost interest in the sofas now and are happier with the scratching posts..

Pet store people recommend applying catnip to the scratching posts to make it more enticing..

If you're using fabric sofa too, try mixing lemon juice and water and spritz some on your sofa.. it keeps ur furniture lemony fresh and may discourage your cat from going near there too!

But if your furniture is leather better not.. I'm not sure how leather would react with lemon.. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi ProjectH thanx!! hopefully the bricks / craftstone go well with the rest of the materials, cabinet, furniture etc...;P

Ommmmmmg! I super heart ur brickwalls!!! Looking brickalicious!

I bought the following for my kitchen and bathroom. All of them are stainless steel and are guaranteed for 5 years for a 1 to 1 exchange.

I bought the following :

2 Rain shower sets ( comes with Brass shower head , Brass Sliding Bar, arm, hand shower , mixer )

2 Stainless Steel Bidet Sprays

2 Bathroom Cabinet Sink Sets ( Stainless Steel Cabinets , Sink, glass top, Sink Faucet )

1 Bathroom Mirror

1 Kitchen Sink Faucet

All these cost me : S$1724.

Some pictures of the items I bought :

Bathroom Sink

8697512019_bc439e6faa_z.jpg

Bathroom Sink Faucet

8698652158_2d131cb339_z.jpg

8698652262_439735712e_z.jpg

Hand-shower

8698637142_170c9cde6c_z.jpg

Rain-shower head

8698640594_9148b8fc5b_z.jpg

Hi mishmish,

Err..... don't know what you mean by that? Mind explaining?

Wow you are so capable to be able to find and buy so much stuff at one go!

I bought the following for my kitchen and bathroom. All of them are stainless steel and are guaranteed for 5 years for a 1 to 1 exchange.

I bought the following :

2 Rain shower sets ( comes with Brass shower head , Brass Sliding Bar, arm, hand shower , mixer )

2 Stainless Steel Bidet Sprays

2 Bathroom Cabinet Sink Sets ( Stainless Steel Cabinets , Sink, glass top, Sink Faucet )

1 Bathroom Mirror

1 Kitchen Sink Faucet

All these cost me : S$1724.

Hi Jaykr,

You bought a lot of Sorento stuff. Do you have any discount on those item?

How much you bought the Stainless Steel Bidet Sprays? Are they also from Sorento as there is a similar design?

Also, which shop you actually see the Bathroom Cabinet Sink Sets for stainless steel one as i don't see it at Fullshun?

Hi mishmish,

Err..... don't know what you mean by that? Mind explaining?

Ah I meant that I go to many shops still can't decide on anything. But you are able to decide on so many things at once. I wish I can also, so tiring to run all over.

Hi Jaykr,

would you mind sharing Alan contact?

Btw,a stupid question cos i m totally noob here, should I buy tiles myself or go through Alan?will it be cheaper if I go through Alan or should I go down myself n negotiate price first ?

Sorry totally clueless.

Thanks a lot for your time.looking forward to your reply.

Elvira

Hi Edmund,

Apologizes, I am not sure of the cost as my bills are still in my Cousins place in Malaysia. What I do know is that the price is the same as in Singapore but in Malaysian dollars , plus I bargained with them since I was buying quite a lot.

I need to check on the code as I am not too sure. Let me go check and see if I can find the correct code.

Hi Jaykr,

The craftstone you use for your TV wall is CSI-021? If it is, how much do you pay per carton?

HI Edmund,

Yup, I bought most of my bathroom and kitchen stuff from Sorento.

I actually bought them during the Home Fair event in J.B., they were on promotion and thus there was discount. I also further bargained with them on the price as I bought all the items for both my bathrooms and kitchen.

My cousin knows one of the sales staff as he bought for his landed house in Malaysia all Sorento stuff too as well a lot of the hardware from the same store for many years. The sales staff told us not to get the Sorento Bidet spray but instead get the one I bought. She said the quality and durability is much better and it comes with a 5 yr warranty too.

The stainless steel cabinet sink set was on display at the homefair by Fullshun and was on promotion also, that's where I saw it and bought it .

Hope this helps. =)

Hi Jaykr,

You bought a lot of Sorento stuff. Do you have any discount on those item?

How much you bought the Stainless Steel Bidet Sprays? Are they also from Sorento as there is a similar design?

Also, which shop you actually see the Bathroom Cabinet Sink Sets for stainless steel one as i don't see it at Fullshun?

Hi mishmish,

I have actually been looking around for a long time, have also been poisoned by many to get the Grohe and other brands as well as looking at places like Ho kee etc..... I finally decided to buy all from one place as my cousin is also using the same brand for almost 5 years for his landed house in Malaysia and the quality is pretty good so I decided to buy it as it was on promotion and they gave good discounts. :notti::D

Ah I meant that I go to many shops still can't decide on anything. But you are able to decide on so many things at once. I wish I can also, so tiring to run all over.