Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

Hi Elvira,

Will PM you the contact.

In regards to the question, it really depends on a lot of factors, if you want to save time and effort on your part, I would suggest you just get Alan to get the tiles for you. However, if you have all the time in the world or something like that and you have done your research on tiles and know what type of tiles you want and all other details, that you can do that.

If you don't have time to research and plan etc...... I would really suggest you ask Alan to get it for you , it would be much much easier on you. =)

hope this help. Anything msg me.

Hi Jaykr,

would you mind sharing Alan contact?

Btw,a stupid question cos i m totally noob here, should I buy tiles myself or go through Alan?will it be cheaper if I go through Alan or should I go down myself n negotiate price first ?
Sorry totally clueless.

Thanks a lot for your time.looking forward to your reply.
Elvira

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Juxstapose,

I got my stuff from Malaysia except for the Sink which I got from Hafele Singapore.

Where'd u go to get kitchen n bathroom stuff?

Hi Yaolong,

Thank you for the compliment. Much appreciated.

Where do you stay? near Marsiling Drive or Road?

nice place... should be near to my neighbourhood...

Hi Edmund,

Apologizes, I am not sure of the cost as my bills are still in my Cousins place in Malaysia. What I do know is that the price is the same as in Singapore but in Malaysian dollars , plus I bargained with them since I was buying quite a lot.

I need to check on the code as I am not too sure. Let me go check and see if I can find the correct code.

Hi Jaykr,

What they quote me is almost half the price in Singapore.The price is not the same in Malaysian dollars. So i was trying to find out if you are using the same craftstone as what i wanted.

Edited by EdmundOng

HI Edmund,

Yup, I bought most of my bathroom and kitchen stuff from Sorento.

I actually bought them during the Home Fair event in J.B., they were on promotion and thus there was discount. I also further bargained with them on the price as I bought all the items for both my bathrooms and kitchen.

My cousin knows one of the sales staff as he bought for his landed house in Malaysia all Sorento stuff too as well a lot of the hardware from the same store for many years. The sales staff told us not to get the Sorento Bidet spray but instead get the one I bought. She said the quality and durability is much better and it comes with a 5 yr warranty too.

The stainless steel cabinet sink set was on display at the homefair by Fullshun and was on promotion also, that's where I saw it and bought it .

Hope this helps. =)

Hi Jaykr,

Great to know your cousin is using Sorento stuff for so long and recommend it. When my wife and I went into Fullshun, we actually like their stainless steel toilet accessories. The pricing is good after their discount.

For the bidet, how much you got it? Will check it out next time when i there again.

Will like to ask your cousin or yourself, is Sorento sink good and durable especially 1.2mm thickness one? Why you don't buy sink from them but from Hafele?

Hi Edmund,

Sorry, don't remember the price for the bidet spray as I bought all of them together ( with the homefair discount) and bargained on the total price.

I didn't buy the Sink from Sorento because they didn't have the type of sink I was looking for and I felt the price was way too expensive compared to the one I saw in Hafele.

Actually, I felt the good quality sinks in Malaysia are way too expensive compared to ones in Singapore. I got my Hafele sink for 300 plus only.

There were many companies in Malaysia selling sinks that has 1.2 thickness but they didn't have the condensation sealer as well as coating across the sink for the noise reduction. Without these, they were selling at the price of 500 - 600( Singapore Dollars) plus and you need to bargain to get the price lower.

I felt Singapore has better quality sinks and price is more attractive .

Hi Jaykr,

Great to know your cousin is using Sorento stuff for so long and recommend it. When my wife and I went into Fullshun, we actually like their stainless steel toilet accessories. The pricing is good after their discount.

For the bidet, how much you got it? Will check it out next time when i there again.

Will like to ask your cousin or yourself, is Sorento sink good and durable especially 1.2mm thickness one? Why you don't buy sink from them but from Hafele?

Edited by jaykr

Hi Edmund,

Sorry, don't remember the price for the bidet spray as I bought all of them together ( with the homefair discount) and bargained on the total price.

I didn't buy the Sink from Sorento because they didn't have the type of sink I was looking for and I felt the price was way too expensive compared to the one I saw in Hafele.

Actually, I felt the good quality sinks in Malaysia are way too expensive compared to ones in Singapore. I got my Hafele sink for 300 plus only.

There were many companies in Malaysia selling sinks that has 1.2 thickness but they didn't have the condensation sealer as well as coating across the sink for the noise reduction. Without these, they were selling at the price of 500 - 600( Singapore Dollars) plus and you need to bargain to get the price lower.

I felt Singapore has better quality sinks and price is more attractive .

Hi Jaykr,

Yes, i have noticed it as well for the missing sealer and coating underneath. I have only seen a small layer of padding around the drainage hole. Thanks for the advice. Will source my sink in singapore then.

Plumbing for our place has started!

Since I will be using City gas , there will be hot and cold pipes. I will be using hot water for my two showers only.

I have decided to use stainless steel pipes, was contemplating between stainless Steel and copper.

I hope the routing of the pipes is done neatly and the joints and bends are well done. There are some seriously joints and bends to be done. So need to go check it out. Also some drilling to connect the pipes which will impact our new tiles. Hopefully there are no cracks going through the new tiles. Need to go check them out.

I got to thank Alan for been gracious enough to not charge me for breaking of the current box up of the piping in the foyer and replacing it with a new box up with the stainless steel piping. It really helps me to keep to my strict budget.

I hope the workmanship is as good the hackers and tilers. :D

HI! Do you mind to share your tiler contact? If he is direct..TIA!

Hi,

All these are folks are from my main contractor Alan.

HI! Do you mind to share your tiler contact? If he is direct..TIA!

Hi jaykr,

For the white craftsbricks, what was your wall dimension and how many boxes did you use for the dimension?

Can furbish me with your transporter contact too? thanks!

Hi HappyBear,

PM you Alan's contact. In terms of reno cost? my cost might not make sense to you as your requirements and my requirements could be different. Hope this helps!

Hi jaykr,

May I have Alan's contact details? Can you share your reno costs too?

Thanks!