Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

These are some of our drawings we used to communicate to Alan and the respective sub contractors:

TV wall craft stone : This was our initial plan but we bought more that needed so we ended up changing the plans, so we did full wall. ;p

8787467700_aa8b3cbccf_c.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This is another drawing of the "special" modified wardrobe that included a section for our cat and its needs.

8787547532_fe687598e3_c.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I was not intending to do Aircon for my place, but at the urge of quite a no, of people, I decided to install aircon. But I am nearly done with most of my renovation work, so need to find a way to install aircon that is clean and neat and not see ugly trunking running all over the house.

Since this is a last minute work, and I needed to fix the aircon soon, I did not do much research.

Please see below the price I got so far, Do you think its a pretty good deal? Do you think I can get better price ?

As this was not in the initial budget for the house, any savings I can have would be great.

Any help would be much appreciated. =)

Mitsubishi Starmex inverter - S$4100

System 2:

MXY3A28VA - MSYGE18VA / MSYGE10VA

+

Single split

MUYGE10VA - MSYGE10VA

Includes the following :

a) 2 Stainless steel bracket for outdoor condenser units

b) upgrade to half inch brand for Armaflex class "O" insulation

c) upgrade to G23 copper pipe

d) upgrade to 16mm drainage pvc pipe c/w Armaflex class 1 1/4 thickness

e) keystone cable - 3 years warranty for wiring control

f) One year warranty for worksmanship & air-con equipments. Five years warranty for compressor

Edited by jaykr

Here is one more to share . This is the kitchen as we imagined it to be ;p

8781099893_266f0157e2_c.jpg

I like this! Very very nice! The actual design is also turning out beautifully!

Thanx Macuser77.

Hope it turns out as imagined. Trust me when I say, there are so many things I had handle with the main contractor and sub contractor to make sure the design :paint: stays the course. Sometimes I give in and other times, I just took a stand. :bleah:

So hope it turns out at least 95% of what we imagined it to be. :yeah:

I like this! Very very nice! The actual design is also turning out beautifully!

An update :

Today was installation of plumbing accessories and other items .

Everything was going well until they wanted to install the stainless steel sink cabinet. The sink cabinet we bought was from Malaysia and it seems in Malaysia most houses use concealed piping, thus the sink cabinet we bought was made for concealed piping and there was no hole for the water pipe and the sewage.

They told me they will try to make two holes but their drill is not meant stainless steel. However, when they drilled through it went smoothly and issue resolved. Phew!

Here are some photos of the common bathroom with the shower set and accessories :

If you notice the flooring, the brown grouting have disappeared . They will come back to do the grouting again.

8868239208_f4467d5d69_c.jpg

8867624145_ef9616d453_c.jpg

8868234304_e2d7508eea_c.jpg

Edited by jaykr

Hi Project H,

Thanx for the compliment. Much appreciated.

I've cleared my inbox so you can email me. =)

Not popular lar, Its me emailing so many people asking questions. :P

The house is looking great! Wanna ask u some qns but ur inbox is full... Very popular!

Hi Everyone,

I was not intending to do Aircon for my place, but at the urge of quite a no, of people, I decided to install aircon. But I am nearly done with most of my renovation work, so need to find a way to install aircon that is clean and neat and not see ugly trunking running all over the house.

Since this is a last minute work, and I needed to fix the aircon soon, I did not do much research.

Please see below the price I got so far, Do you think its a pretty good deal? Do you think I can get better price ?

As this was not in the initial budget for the house, any savings I can have would be great.

Any help would be much appreciated. =)

Mitsubishi Starmex inverter - S$4100

System 2:

MXY3A28VA - MSYGE18VA / MSYGE10VA

+

Single split

MUYGE10VA - MSYGE10VA

Includes the following :

a) 2 Stainless steel bracket for outdoor condenser units

b) upgrade to half inch brand for Armaflex class "O" insulation

c) upgrade to G23 copper pipe

d) upgrade to 16mm drainage pvc pipe c/w Armaflex class 1 1/4 thickness

e) keystone cable - 3 years warranty for wiring control

f) One year warranty for worksmanship & air-con equipments. Five years warranty for compressor

Just to share: mine's a System 3: MXY3A28VA c/w 1 x MSYGE18VA + 2 x MSYGE10VA, think c/w same installation specs as urs. $3,400. But it's bou May 2012...