Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

Hi Jaykr,

I also saw these stainless steel cabinet in Malaysia but i thought there is a hole at the bottom of the cabinet for the sewage pipe? As for the water pipe, i think the back of the cabinet don't have a hole for that if i remember correctly.

Is it possible to take a photo of the inside of the cabinet as i also thinking of buying these instead of custom build? Thanks.

An update :

Today was installation of plumbing accessories and other items .

Everything was going well until they wanted to install the stainless steel sink cabinet. The sink cabinet we bought was from Malaysia and it seems in Malaysia most houses use concealed piping, thus the sink cabinet we bought was made for concealed piping and there was no hole for the water pipe and the sewage.

They told me they will try to make two holes but their drill is not meant stainless steel. However, when they drilled through it went smoothly and issue resolved. Phew!

Here are some photos of the common bathroom with the shower set and accessories :

If you notice the flooring, the brown grouting have disappeared . They will come back to do the grouting again.

8868234304_e2d7508eea_c.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Jus4fun,

Looking at your specs, got a question? if you on all three aircon at the same time, wouldn't it strain your compressor and it can lead to issue in the long run? I thought the compressor is 28BTU and the house units is 18+10+10 = 38? pardon me if I am totally wrong here.....;P

Just to share: mine's a System 3: MXY3A28VA c/w 1 x MSYGE18VA + 2 x MSYGE10VA, think c/w same installation specs as urs. $3,400. But it's bou May 2012...

Hi Edmund,

You might be looking at a different model I guess? the one I got has no hole inside. Its just an empty open space. But the plumber told me that for Malaysia most of don't have holes as most of them are concealed ones and thus there is a opening at the back.

I can take a picture of the empty space and the location where the plumbers made an opening for both the pipes. Post it later.

Hi Jaykr,

I also saw these stainless steel cabinet in Malaysia but i thought there is a hole at the bottom of the cabinet for the sewage pipe? As for the water pipe, i think the back of the cabinet don't have a hole for that if i remember correctly.

Is it possible to take a photo of the inside of the cabinet as i also thinking of buying these instead of custom build? Thanks.

The details are in the previous page. ;p

Let me cut and paste for you. =)

This is mine :

Mitsubishi Starmex inverter -

System 2:

MXY3A28VA - MSYGE18VA / MSYGE10VA

+

Single split

MUYGE10VA - MSYGE10VA

---------------------------------------------------------

This is jus4fun :

System 3: MXY3A28VA c/w 1 x MSYGE18VA + 2 x MSYGE10VA,

Both :)

Edited by jaykr

Tomorrow is aircon trunking installation day, hope everything goes smoothly.

Our amateur home-made sign to inform all who enter our place :

8892324526_8725dbf9e7_c.jpg

Some of the Blum hardware for the kitchen cabinet. :

8891701497_e78dcdee13_c.jpg

Edited by jaykr

Hi Jus4fun,

Looking at your specs, got a question? if you on all three aircon at the same time, wouldn't it strain your compressor and it can lead to issue in the long run? I thought the compressor is 28BTU and the house units is 18+10+10 = 38? pardon me if I am totally wrong here.....;P

I dunno much abt air-con.. Anyway, below is the capacity of my units i understand:

MXY-3A28VA: 30,366 BTU/hr

MSY-GE10VA: 8,530 BTU/hr

MSY-GE18VA: 16,377 BTU/hr

So total 33,437 BTU/hr if all 3 units running. But doubt there'll b a chance i on all 3 air-cons; mostly only 18+10 or 10+10. So shouldn't b a prob? My air-con guys recommended this config after he visited my plc & understood my usage pattern.. :)

Edited by jus4fun

Hi Edmund,

As requested, here are the photos of the inside of the cabinet . Hope it helps.

8914114640_6114998f3c_c.jpg

8914112346_c15745e59f_c.jpg

8914136440_2d55ce6867_c.jpg

Hi Jaykr,

Me too! I have to go through so many struggles just to get the kitchen the way I want. Struggles on budget, communicating design, people saying that it is not possible to do it at my place can only do in bungalow etc... etc... etc....

It would be very satisfying to see the design come to fruition. =)

Cant wait to see ur kitchen!

Hey jaykr remember u asked me b4, if I were to redesign my kitchen, how would I do it differently?

After 2 months of using it. I regretted for didn't use drawer handle or tip on. Our drawer unit although all using blum Antaro/intivo, we chose to use 'manual' opening. The carpenter need to leave a gap between drawer 1 & 2 for our finger to fit in to open it, by doing so they need to insert a horizontal wooden piece in between drawer 1 & 2. As a result all my drawers are 2-3 cm shallower. Sometimes my thing can actually fit into the drawer, but because of the wooden strip it become cannot fit. By using tip on or handle, I guess the gap can be narrower.

I have 3S1 & 1I3. Yes u r right I only use 1 S1 to put cutlery, the other 1 I use to put film, foil, scissors, knife etc, 1 quite empty I put cooking shovel, soup ladle etc, and the last one is totally empty.