Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normanho23

何宅@woodlands Dr 70

Wah.... If I wana do hacking n re-tiling of whole house floors instead of liminates like yours...it will super burst my budget =(

Gotta rethink my reno works again & think of what I can give up :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah.... If I wana do hacking n re-tiling of whole house floors instead of liminates like yours...it will super burst my budget =(

Gotta rethink my reno works again & think of what I can give up :dunno:

I think your costs will go up to $20k just for hacking and tiling if you intend to retile the entire house.

Photos speak more than a thousand words. I let you all evaluate the quality of the worksmanship of the tiling and hacking works:

Take note that I did not hack the kitchen floor and wall tiles. I only overlay the exposed areas.

Backslash area of kitchen. Should have opted for coloured tempered glass instead of overlay. Someone actually told me the unevenness of the new tiles is due to the unevenness of the original wall tiles at the back. If I chosed to hack the wall tiles, this will not happen. What kind of bull**** is this?

20130223_160137_zpsac903c07.jpg

20130223_160153_zpsc9437030.jpg

Common toilet entrance. Is this kind of patch up accepatble to you? It is like just one patch of cement to cover up the holes without bothering to smoothen the surface.

20130223_160633_zps16bd0069.jpg

20130223_160649_zps10095a3a.jpg

Aftermath to the ceiling after hacking away the kitchen walls. Someone told me hack means hack only. If make good the ceiling have to pay extra. I actually assumed that the contractors will take the initiative or proactively offer to make good all hacked walls but I am wrong. Sigh...

20130223_160838_zps78dd3ff3.jpg

Wow. That is really bad workmanship. Is it Nick from RenoGuyz work?

I am surprised they can just leave that patch of cement like that and the overlay coming out like that.

Why didn't you ask him to fix it for you? Isn't it part of the overall hacking and tiling works?

Photos speak more than a thousand words. I let you all evaluate the quality of the worksmanship of the tiling and hacking works:

Take note that I did not hack the kitchen floor and wall tiles. I only overlay the exposed areas.

Backslash area of kitchen. Should have opted for coloured tempered glass instead of overlay. Someone actually told me the unevenness of the new tiles is due to the unevenness of the original wall tiles at the back. If I chosed to hack the wall tiles, this will not happen. What kind of bull**** is this?

20130223_160137_zpsac903c07.jpg

20130223_160153_zpsc9437030.jpg

Common toilet entrance. Is this kind of patch up accepatble to you? It is like just one patch of cement to cover up the holes without bothering to smoothen the surface.

20130223_160633_zps16bd0069.jpg

20130223_160649_zps10095a3a.jpg

Aftermath to the ceiling after hacking away the kitchen walls. Someone told me hack means hack only. If make good the ceiling have to pay extra. I actually assumed that the contractors will take the initiative or proactively offer to make good all hacked walls but I am wrong. Sigh...

20130223_160838_zps78dd3ff3.jpg

Hi Jaykr,

That 2 patches of cement on the toilet entrance was done only after I told my contractor reagrding it. He was not even aware of this defect or the uneveness of the wall tiles as he was hardly on site to monitor the reno progress or to rectify any shortcomings. Maybe this is his working style to leave the renovation completely to his workers but It is definitely not the sytle I preferred.

Anyway, my painter will come in next month to do the touching up so I think they cement patches can be covered up after the painting. Haha...

Hi Jaykr,

That 2 patches of cement on the toilet entrance was done only after I told my contractor reagrding it. He was not even aware of this defect or the uneveness of the wall tiles as he was hardly on site to monitor the reno progress or to rectify any shortcomings. Maybe this is his working style to leave the renovation completely to his workers but It is definitely not the sytle I preferred.

Anyway, my painter will come in next month to do the touching up so I think they cement patches can be covered up after the painting. Haha...

get them to round up the edge of the tiles at the kerb as well... its a cutting hazard in future...

I am Renoguyz, Nicholas.

Every coin has 2 side. I will only say once and not feedback any further.

Norman Ho looks for me for quotation. I quote, item by item selling price. He wants to be completed in 3 weeks. i told him i can't commit. At most i can only do tiling works. i told him look for other ID.

Few days later, He call me to do just tiling, hack & plumbering. i requote my selling price more than 11k. But his budget is 10k. i told him cannot again.

So i told him, - i sell u cost price, u just pay me $500? i help u, ok? He agreed to it.

While at this point of time, Norman told me he can source cheaper, definitely can be lower than 10k. And i did not ever commit to him that i can. I keep on saying- Norman, i try. His reply- Nick, u can. (i was wondering, if he can get cheaper, why get me. Not all supplier charge the same but i am happy with the workers i worked with. Any defects, they will rectify)

So now when i requote the price again(cost price estimate almost 10k), i DID NOT quote him item by item but by lumpsum. THIS IS MY COST PRICE. I can't let him know how much my supplier sell me. And i told him, hiccups will happen along the way. u cannot jump at me. sO either u trust me, or i don't do yr job. Again, Norman said he has asked around before(and he repeated this statement many times), its this price. I dunno who he ask. Thats their costing, not MY costing.

AND i REPEATLY inform Norman, i cannot confirm cost price for tiling works. Its not carpentry where i know exactly how much. Tilings got include 10% wastage but carpentry no, painting no, door no.

So before we proceed. And i told him again, DO NOT JUMP AT ME IF GOT HICCUPS. Yr time frame is only 3 weeks. i can't promise u perfection. Why a 6 weeks job, i told customer 2 mths? bcas hiccup will happen. worker sick, do wrongly. But any defects,we will rectify within this 2 months. And i told him- NORMAN, its i am helping u. No one will wanna do your job for $500. As usual, customers are so grateful at this point of time.

Then Job in progress, hiccups happen. Things not smoothly, delays. few tiles tiles not perfect. Note- kitchen wall is OVERLAY. So, i told Norman, if u want, i rectify it. Due to time constraint, Norman said forget it. He needs to upz the carpentry ASAP. But now he said i give him lousy work. Nevermind, i let him win. And the toilet kerb just ask his own engaged painter to paint over it. I dunno why so hard. Nevermind, i let him win.

Norman not happy bcas of some charges of making smooth the wall which i overlooked. And yet he keeps on calling me to do this to do what. And i have repeatedly tell him now i only in charge of tiling work, other issues, u should get the correct ppl to do. If i do yr whole house, then i will solve all yr problem.

Ultimately, with some added on like dispose carpentry, etc.... my cost come out to be 11k plus. He jumped bcas his budget is 10k. I told him, tiling costing i can ONLY estimate. U modify cabinet base here, u extend here, u hack there, etc etc. U want my ppl to patch up hole here, patch up there. U expect free?

Even if there are things i overlooked, if i sell u selling price, i have to bear the cost myself. But now i quote is estimated cost price. i am too tired to explain. I told his wife to issue the remaining amount, to follow the amount i mentioned to her. After cheque issued, i told his wife, the $500 i not interested to earn. i did not include inside. Forget it. Take it as a free labour. But if got any defects, i will still rectify it. Just take the $500 for items i overlooked. And i left the house. (Note- if selling price, most ID firm will sell much higher, to cover any overlooked items)

End of story.

It's ok Nic. You have your story and I have mine. What really pissed me off is that:

1. I seems like the one monitoring the reno schedule instead of you even though it was your company's mistake in applying for the hacking permit.

2. Why tell me that the unevenness of the overlay wall tiles are due to the unevenness of the original wall? Dun treat me like an idiot. All you need to do is to inform me that your guys will rectify it and not tell me some cock and bull story.

3. Why is it so difficult for me to ask you to come to my place when I discover any defects and hope that it can be rectified ASAP? I literally have to beg you to come down when words or pictures cannot describe the defects accurately.

4. If you are not sure about the your costs, pls go and find out more before you quote to your customers. Once you have quoted to your customer, you must have valid reasons if there are any over runs.

Anyway, there is no more need for you guys to come my house for anymore rectification works. I will sort it out myself unless my toilet floor starts to leak to my neighbour downstairs coz i am very sure that your guys did not do any overnight waterbomb test before they start laying the new floor tiles to my toilets. Dun forget that I was at my place almost everyday to monitor the reno progress as there was a delay in the hacking and we were running short of time so I know basically what was going on in my house.

Cheers...

Hi Nick,

It is good to hear from both sides as with every other disagreement.

I am sure, the others who have done renovation with you, would either support or disagree with you based on your explanation on how you work.

Regards.

I am Renoguyz, Nicholas.

Every coin has 2 side. I will only say once and not feedback any further.

Norman Ho looks for me for quotation. I quote, item by item selling price. He wants to be completed in 3 weeks. i told him i can't commit. At most i can only do tiling works. i told him look for other ID.

Few days later, He call me to do just tiling, hack & plumbering. i requote my selling price more than 11k. But his budget is 10k. i told him cannot again.

So i told him, - i sell u cost price, u just pay me $500? i help u, ok? He agreed to it.

While at this point of time, Norman told me he can source cheaper, definitely can be lower than 10k. And i did not ever commit to him that i can. I keep on saying- Norman, i try. His reply- Nick, u can. (i was wondering, if he can get cheaper, why get me. Not all supplier charge the same but i am happy with the workers i worked with. Any defects, they will rectify)

So now when i requote the price again(cost price estimate almost 10k), i DID NOT quote him item by item but by lumpsum. THIS IS MY COST PRICE. I can't let him know how much my supplier sell me. And i told him, hiccups will happen along the way. u cannot jump at me. sO either u trust me, or i don't do yr job. Again, Norman said he has asked around before(and he repeated this statement many times), its this price. I dunno who he ask. Thats their costing, not MY costing.

AND i REPEATLY inform Norman, i cannot confirm cost price for tiling works. Its not carpentry where i know exactly how much. Tilings got include 10% wastage but carpentry no, painting no, door no.

So before we proceed. And i told him again, DO NOT JUMP AT ME IF GOT HICCUPS. Yr time frame is only 3 weeks. i can't promise u perfection. Why a 6 weeks job, i told customer 2 mths? bcas hiccup will happen. worker sick, do wrongly. But any defects,we will rectify within this 2 months. And i told him- NORMAN, its i am helping u. No one will wanna do your job for $500. As usual, customers are so grateful at this point of time.

Then Job in progress, hiccups happen. Things not smoothly, delays. few tiles tiles not perfect. Note- kitchen wall is OVERLAY. So, i told Norman, if u want, i rectify it. Due to time constraint, Norman said forget it. He needs to upz the carpentry ASAP. But now he said i give him lousy work. Nevermind, i let him win. And the toilet kerb just ask his own engaged painter to paint over it. I dunno why so hard. Nevermind, i let him win.

Norman not happy bcas of some charges of making smooth the wall which i overlooked. And yet he keeps on calling me to do this to do what. And i have repeatedly tell him now i only in charge of tiling work, other issues, u should get the correct ppl to do. If i do yr whole house, then i will solve all yr problem.

Ultimately, with some added on like dispose carpentry, etc.... my cost come out to be 11k plus. He jumped bcas his budget is 10k. I told him, tiling costing i can ONLY estimate. U modify cabinet base here, u extend here, u hack there, etc etc. U want my ppl to patch up hole here, patch up there. U expect free?

Even if there are things i overlooked, if i sell u selling price, i have to bear the cost myself. But now i quote is estimated cost price. i am too tired to explain. I told his wife to issue the remaining amount, to follow the amount i mentioned to her. After cheque issued, i told his wife, the $500 i not interested to earn. i did not include inside. Forget it. Take it as a free labour. But if got any defects, i will still rectify it. Just take the $500 for items i overlooked. And i left the house. (Note- if selling price, most ID firm will sell much higher, to cover any overlooked items)

End of story.

Edited by jaykr