Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normanho23

何宅@woodlands Dr 70

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

you're lucky to have a good contractor. huge plus point.

if not got 100 and 1 headache. :furious:

Yes. All thanks to God for leading me to these 2 contractors. Nothing but praises to them for their hard work, patience and understanding to my constant changes of plans.

Carpenter just updated. Kitchen cabinet will be completed by thursday latest but I can only install them on 29 Jan for Caesarstone measurement as I need to complete the painting job first. Sigh...

Hi Norman,

Thank you for the great photos and progress write up. I enjoy reading following the progress.

Can you check with your carpenter if he has done Blum installations? Full extensions, Lift systems , servo - drive etc...?

Thank you.

Yes. All thanks to God for leading me to these 2 contractors. Nothing but praises to them for their hard work, patience and understanding to my constant changes of plans.

Carpenter just updated. Kitchen cabinet will be completed by thursday latest but I can only install them on 29 Jan for Caesarstone measurement as I need to complete the painting job first. Sigh...

Your renovation progress sounds like a miracle! We too have a tight schedule to do ours so that we don't hit the lunar 7th month... Don't wanna move in with those 'brothers'!

加油!

It has been a crazy 2 weeks since we started our renovation on 15 Jan. Progress has been good so far and we are entering into the most crucial week before our move in on 4 Feb.

Upcoming stuffs that have to be done concurrently:

28 Jan (TOMORROW)

Aircon by All Best.

Windows + grilles by Andy of Home Aluminum.

Carpenter to come in and complete the kitchen cabinet.

Tiler to come in and complete the tiling job at the windows area.

Caesarstone measurement for kitchen top and vanity tops.

29 -31 Jan

Painting

Completion of tiling works plus cleaning up.

Installation of instant heaters.

31 Jan - 2 Feb

Laminates installation by Inovar

Wardrobe, TV console and shoe rack installation by carpenter

Installation of lights, fans.

Delivery and installation by Ikea

2 Feb

Installation of Caesarstone top.

3 Feb

Final wash up

4 Feb

Official move in!!!

hi Norman,

congrats!! finally you finished your reno on time.

I been silently read most of the T-blog and quite impressed with your contractor. Mind to share with me his contact? you mentioned once you completed your job, then you will only disclosed your contractor. right?

I bought at woodlands Dr 75 and plan to move in by November. now busy scouting contractor and start purchase my item from tabao too. which agent you appointed to deliver your stuffs to sg? I found 2 65daigo and hoyoyo. are you using one of them? how much you total spend for your carpenter job and others reno? thanks for sharing.

Blum Magic Corner with 40cm height bottom drawer.

20130126_191819.jpg

20130126_191839.jpg

Wow the Blum Magic Corner is truly magical! Never thought of this before. Did your carpenter proposed this himself? May I ask if you bought the BLUM and Hettich stuff yourself or they were part of the quote from the contractor?

Myap76,

Advice for you. If you have the time and the money to get an ID, pls do so. I have come to realise that 3D perspective drawings are very good for you to finalise your designs before actual works start. Let the ID be the coordinator of your reno and get him to report to you regularly on the progress. It will save you a lot of time and hassle and you will find that the extra $$$ you paid for the ID is worth it.

Makanology,

I designed the layout of the kitchen cabinets on my own based on the needs of my family. I chose to do full extension drawers for all the bottom cabinets so that each and every single item can be see and taken out for use easily. The Blum magic corner seems to be the most effective way of utitlising the corner cabinet area as compared to those stainless steel rotating carousel or pull out trays. I bought the BLUM and Hettich stuff and my own and got them to deliver to my carpenter's workshop. My carpenter is not charging me any service charge to install Blum or Hettich.

that must be a lot of research done and I believe you must be very proud of the end result now :) usually for the corner cupboards, the easiest way is to get those steel round turning racks from Ikea or similar but the BLUM magic corner sure beats everything now.

one last question (so sorry), would you mind sharing the cost for the Blum and Hettich stuff? everything just needs $ and more $, haiz.... thanks lots!

Edited by Makanology