Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normanho23

何宅@woodlands Dr 70

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Very nice looking kitchen cabinet! What counter top are you using?

Completed Blum Magic Corner with customised cutlery tray.

20130206_212908_zps049d46d4.jpg

20130206_213103_zpsea9f2843.jpg

Completed Hettich IQ300 Pull out tray for cooking condiments.

20130206_212948_zps492b1974.jpg

My featured wall.

20130206_170019-1_zpsb073f527.jpg

Dunno where they are made but as long as they are bought from the local sales office then it should be good. I think they are made in China and think Blum are made in China too. Nothing wrong with MIC as long as they are from a reputable company or else 90% of the world's laptops and smartphones will not be made in China.

FYI, the soft closing full extension tracks from the local Hettich office costs less than $31 max. If your offer is much cheaper than this price, then maybe you want to think twice again before getting it.

Actually Blum is made in Austria... They do not have factory in China... Their factories based in Europe and Americas You can read more here http://connect.blum.com/index.php/brochures/index/frame/47

For those who are keen, I have two main contractors to cover my reno.

1. Carpentry, electrical, lightbox + false ceiling: Lucas from Metal Wood General Contractor or MWG in short. Nothing to complain about the electrical works and the false ceilings. Carpentry still pending some rectifications after CNY so I reserve my full comments till then. However, his pricing is really good and he is super contactable so it will not be a problem to discuss any issues with him.

2. Hacking, tiling and plumbing: Nicholas from Renoguyz. Similarly, I reserve my comments on his works so far as there are some still some retifications to be made.

Can share contractor contact?urgent,thks!

Waow.i guess ppl will be more willing to help you if u ask politely instead of demand it urway.

Thanks alot norman for sharing and its enjoyable to see urhouse transform bit by bit.:)

Love the clock & butterflies design, saw a similar looking onw at another fren's house & had my heart set on such a design too!

Hope your family n the house are all ready for CNY!

Hi Norman,

Have been following your T-Blog. Glad that all went well for you.

Thanks for sharing your contacts.

Happy CNY!

No regrets in making this storage cabinet in my living room!

DSC00009-001_zps707d5cfd.jpg

Still messy. Will need to make use of CNY period to do some more packing and sorting.

DSC00005-002_zps649bb626.jpg

Quick snapshot of the completed kitchen.

DSC00006-002_zps8b9bbb90.jpg

Everything is looking good! Like the storage space in the living room; just makes everything more organised and easier to find right?

Everything is looking good! Like the storage space in the living room; just makes everything more organised and easier to find right?

Yup! I have 3 kids so lotsa funny stuffs in the house. This stroage really helps to hide a lot of daily use items away. Good thing my hall is both long and wide enough to accomodate such a huge cabinet in the living room.

Yup! I have 3 kids so lotsa funny stuffs in the house. This stroage really helps to hide a lot of daily use items away. Good thing my hall is both long and wide enough to accomodate such a huge cabinet in the living room.

Do you have store room or it's being hacked away? Is your kitchen cabinet glossy white? Nice!

Do you have store room or it's being hacked away? Is your kitchen cabinet glossy white? Nice!

The storeroom is still intact. It is just beside the main entrance. We still need to main storeroom to hold big items like luggage, my army back pack etc.

Yes. I only use two laminates for the entire house. The doors are all in Edl Piano White.

Received several PMs asking me to share my reno costs. Here you go:

$11000 From Contractor A

Hacking and re-tile two toilets.

Overlay kitchen floor and wall tiles.

Hacked both kitchen walls.

Hacked and erect new masterbedroom wall.

New copper piping for entire house.

Hacked all old skirtings and cornices.

$17000 from Carpenter + $3400 19.5ft (Caesarstone) + $1300 (Hettich and Blum systems)

15ft bottom and 15ft top kitchen cabinets.

11.5ft full height built in wardrobe.

5ft box up of aircon ledge in masterbedroom and convert to drawers.

10ft TV console

7ft full height shoe rack + storage shelf.

2ft vanity top for both toilets.

1ft toilet high cabinet for both toilets.

All with same laminates and internal coloured PVC.

Installation of soft closing tracks FOC.

About 70ft light box.

Make good existing false ceiling along the corridor to the rooms.

Whole house rewiring including 3 SCV points, Legrand sockets etc.

$5200 New White Powder Coated Casement Windows + Grilles. This one cannot save.

$3000 New Panasonic System 3 Inverter Aircon (2*9000BTU + 12000BTU). Also cannot save.

$3800 Inovar AC3 8mm Laminates for Living room + Dining room + 3 bedrooms. No time to hack floor so choose laminates.

$1400 Painting including sealant for 2 toilet ceilings. Cannot save.

$4000 Ikea misc stuff including childrens' bed, wardrobes, study table etc. Maybe can save about $2000 if I dun buy so many stuffs from Ikea.

$1800 New fridge, washing machine, microwave oven from Courts. Cannot save. Old ones all breaking down after 10yrs of usage.

$2500 Lightings from Chan Huat, Lightings.com.sg and Taobao. Considered quite cheap for whole house lightings.

$2000 Cooker hob plus hood and basins, WC and instant heater from Wasser Bath. Cannot save.

$1400 6pcs KDK fans from *spam. Cannot save. This is the cheapest I can find already.

$750 House Moving. Cannot save.

Actual reno costs is low in my opionion but once you add it other stuffs, it will start to balloon like nobody business.

Total spent close to $60000. Think the common saying of $10K per room for renovation really holds. Tried to save a bit here and there but not possible. Now bank accounts all dried up already as everything is paid full in cash but at least now I have a comfy home that I look forward to rest and relax in everyday after work. Cheers...