Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

My Newly Re-Upholstered Sofa & Dining Chairs

Hi folks,

I wish to share photographs of my sofa which had been re-upholstered recently by Boey Lee from LEE MENG HUAT Cushion & Sofa Maker.

Based on the pricing that Boey had quoted us to get the sofa re-upholstered by his company, I was tempted to abandon the idea of re-upholstering & discarding my 12 year old sofa. Prior to being introduced to LEE MENG HUAT, we had scouted around for a new sofa. However, there really was nothing that we fancied after browsing through furnishing boutiques.

Those which we fancied and of baroque styles, couldn't be accomodated in the limited space at our TV room. Additionally, we couldn't bear to let go of our existing sofa which came in the style of a chaise lounge which we bought from Barang Barang 12 years ago as a newly wed couple. There was so much sentimental value that's attached to the sofa. It was too much of a waste to simply just let it go & settle for something less desirable from our perspective.

As such, we had decided to throw in our bets with LEE MENG HUAT & gotten our 12 year old sofa re-upholstered.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer:

Kindly note that this thread is strictly for the purpose of sharing my humble & objective views of works and services provided by the aforesaid company. And not an advertising platform.

Reader's discretion is therefore sought when viewing this thread.

In view of issues pertaining to every individual's privacy, facial identities are witheld from the photographs featured in this thread.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Edited by edenstrauss

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

SOFA

Here comes the BEFORE photograph :

8376612426_c5f37bb1bd_z.jpg

8376624908_3daa562e1f_z.jpg

The old sofa was emitting a terrible stench & the white fibre material containing the sponge & polyfill are already torn as you could see from the photograph above.

Edited by edenstrauss

As the TV room has been subjected to plenty of afternoon sun, Boey had recommended a range of material that could withstand weathering & meant for partial outdoor services. The outcome is illustrated in this AFTER photograph :

* The colour ought to be a more saturated tone of butterscotch (missed my old laptop as the borrowed version doesn't allow editing)

** We have requested for Grade 1 high density foam to be used for the long seating cushion as opposed to the recommended Grade 2

*** Please note that those 2 mini cushions in gold tone isn't part of the re-upholstered ensemble.

8375532465_bf9993e3d6_z.jpg

We love dealing with Boey as he is a very enthusiastic person to work with. Time seems to be the essence for him and he would constantly be on the look out for new ideas & new opportunities. It was a joy working with him.

I would personally like to thank him for introducing us this partial outdoor fabric in a gold theme. We were exceptionally worried how our sofa would turn out in this particular tone of fabric as it's a butterscotch yellow & there's a fair chance that it might just turn up ... the way we didn't want it to. :unsure:

Anyway, when we saw the final outcome, we were pleased with it because it came across as really classy & designer style from our perspective. We were so excited that we told our friends that we were sitting on stacks of gold bars.

We had some issues with the huge back rest cushion & contacted Boey immediately. I was pleasantly surprised that his after sales service wasn't just existent but he was so prompt in visiting us on the same day of our complaints & rectifying the issue within less than 2 days!

Boey was also thoughtful in highlighting to us that we should avoid velvet material since the location of the sofa would be hot & velvet material has a strong inclination to retain heat. Can u imagine us drenched in perspiration all the time when we sit or lie down on the sofa? :angry2:

Service is EXCELLENT (10/10)!

We have decided to be conservative over workmanship because it's tough to achieve perfection when it comes to anything pertaining to customisation. Workmanship for LEE MENG HUAT is GOOD (8/10)!

Edited by edenstrauss

DINING CHAIRS

We love baroque styles & the dining chairs of such genre seemed to be pretty out of our budget especially when the wooden framing of all our 12 year old dining chairs are in great condition.

8375563119_3002c876c8_z.jpg

8375566943_02ebcdd115_z.jpg

Edited by edenstrauss

As such, we sent the dining chairs to LEE MENG HUAT for facelift & it came back better than expected.

Here comes some photographs where our dining chairs are still encased in plastic sheets since the day they were delivered back to our home...

* The actual fabric colour should be a champagne gold with a muted glossy sheen which couldn't be captured in the photograph.

** Grade 1 high density foam has been used.

8376628600_fca7bc24e8_z.jpg

8375558793_236cd16d5d_z.jpg

The removable cushion covers for all our dining chairs are being made such that the floral placement/ floral motifs are being centralised at the same position. And for perfectionists like myself whose fussy to a fault at times, I must say that the dining chair reupholstery is very well done.

Workmanship for dining chairs is EXCELLENT (9.5/10)! - as I have suggested in my earlier entry that there's no perfect score when it comes to customisation.

I know that many of you aren't in favour of such prints as they seemed old fashioned. I was very tempted to use another range of fabric which looked absolutely classy & elegant but was detered by the pricing as it would cost us double the pricing as the fabric is imported from Belgium & requires dry cleaning. We decided to select this other cheaper alternative instead.

From my perspective, my dining chairs still look romantic & I love them! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by edenstrauss

If you like what Boey has done for us & would like to explore re-upholstery options, including customistion of headboards & wall features, please touch base with him directly at the following contact details:

Blk 3016 Bedok North Avenue 4,

#02-20 Eastech

Singapore 489947

Mobile Number : 9113-5564

Office Number : 6283-0865

Edited by edenstrauss

how much did it cost ?

do they come and collect from home then send back ?

did it take very long ?

by the way, do you think they can re-upholster mattress also ?

Hi they r unable to reupholster mattresses. U should be buying a new mattress instead.

Hi they r unable to reupholster mattresses. U should be buying a new mattress instead.

then for 2-seater and 3-seater sofa..............how much did it cost ?

do they come and collect from home then send back ?

did it take very long ?

Edited by farkingnuts

Yes they picked up sofa & dining chairs from my home. Completed within 7 working days. Not sure about now becox Chinese New Year is around the corner.

Pricing depends on the sofa dimension & the type of material customers select. there's no such thing as fixed price with customisation.

My chaise lounge cost $1600. But my girl friend's sofa set upholstery cost $2800.

Hope this addresses your concerns.

Yes they picked up sofa & dining chairs from my home. Completed within 7 working days. Not sure about now becox Chinese New Year is around the corner.

Pricing depends on the sofa dimension & the type of material customers select. there's no such thing as fixed price with customisation.

My chaise lounge cost $1600. But my girl friend's sofa set upholstery cost $2800.

Hope this addresses your concerns.

how much for your dining chairs? tks

how much for your dining chairs? tks

Upholstery for my dining chairs r cheap from my perspective. $140 per chair. Grade 1 foam (grade 2 was recommended though for greater comfort) with new sets of covers. And they were very well done. I m so glad that I didn't discard these dining chairs & sent them for a "facelift".

Edited by edenstrauss

Think its quite ex... I just send my 12 dining chairs to do upholstery too with Adrian who I've engage earlier for my sofa as well. It cost $100/ chair using European fabric.You can try contact Adrian if you need to next time at : 91831711.

Happy Shopping.

Think its quite ex... I just send my 12 dining chairs to do upholstery too with Adrian who I've engage earlier for my sofa as well. It cost $100/ chair using European fabric.You can try contact Adrian if you need to next time at : 91831711.

Happy Shopping.

Hi, that's extremely cheap if it's supposedly done up in fabrics imported from Europe eg Belgium & provided if the upholstery isn't done up with foam from China.

Do u have photographs of your dining chairs?

Happy Shopping.

Hi hotstuff,

The price u paid was juz for the fabric or included the foam? Which is Adrian's company?