Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normandy1942

Laminate Floorings Discussion

Hi folks,

I had been looking at the various types of floorings (i.e. marble, vinyl, laminates and etc) and finally settle on laminate due to my considerations.

So now its boiled down to the brand and the type of laminate to use. Key brands that I noted across the forum and exhibition includes Kronos, Inovar and Evorich. Would like to seek feedbacks and reviews out there.

Typically, i would think an AC4 is sufficient for normal residence purposes. I was just wondering if it's wise to lay laminates in the kitchen given it's a wet area by nature. All feedbacks and discussions are welcome!

Cheers! :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi folks,

I had been looking at the various types of floorings (i.e. marble, vinyl, laminates and etc) and finally settle on laminate due to my considerations.

So now its boiled down to the brand and the type of laminate to use. Key brands that I noted across the forum and exhibition includes Kronos, Inovar and Evorich. Would like to seek feedbacks and reviews out there.

Typically, i would think an AC4 is sufficient for normal residence purposes. I was just wondering if it's wise to lay laminates in the kitchen given it's a wet area by nature. All feedbacks and discussions are welcome!

Cheers! :yamseng:

Hi there,

I have personally experienced Krono and Inovar in all my previous houses and I have come to the conclusion that manufacturers backed warranty is very important. In fact I also tried Supreme. Supreme sales people didnt bother attending to my complaint while the Kronos boards just couldnt withstand the high humidity of SG weather. The boards all suffered from this buldging issue on the joints and we didnt even do wet mopping.

So far I'm still very happy with Inovar and I have recommended many friends who are likewise satisfied with the service and quality of the product. Their promise of super water resistant really holds true. Despite our maid mopping the floor twice/day, the floor still looks good and no sight of damage whatsoever. You can PM me for the detail of the sales person if you want.

Just my 2 cents...hope it helps.

I googled and found - Best laminate flooring

Classen or Pergo Laminate Flooring?

http://www.bestlaminate.net/blog/classen-or-pergo-laminate-flooring-which-one/

– Is Pergo the best laminate? Read this guide and learn about Classen -most innovatiove laminate floor in the world. Decision is yours!

the classen isowaxx is very interesting - patented wax coating

googlle search for : classen laminate flooring

Edited by dede

Laminate flooring is really the best option to use and is easy to use on floor. There are so many kind of laminate flooring is available in market but out of them Pergo is the best laminate flooring product which is easy to install and easy to clean also.

There are many things you need you look into before considering to take which brand:

Origin from:

If the brand is from europe country,it will be not recommended. Reason being that they are mend for 4 season and here in SG its a tropical country. Hence expandsion of the plank is way too fast. Thats when warping happens.

Warranty:

Have to check for the warranty. I agree with smart_user that you have to be very careful when it come to that. Almost all the company will promise you this and that. but when things happen all of them will just shake their butt off you. Ensure that their warranty is in house! Best if they can show you one to confirm.

Installer:

Ask if their installer are in house too. I have a few friends whom get into trouble with installer. Once job done and in time to come when things happen, they went back to the company and the company will just push the blame to the installer saying that its hard to find them or whatsoever reason they can come up with. And off they go again!

I have a company that does great job personally.If you want you can PM me for the details.

Just my thoughts about the issue. Hope it help (:

Some useful information, do not let this happen to you. I request for 4 quote from different supplier regarding laminate flooring and carpet for my home. Never never choose from the lowest quote. I will just cut the story short.

Salesman A ( lowest price ) came show us all the laminate sample and carpet sample. We need to do laminate flooring for our living room and two bed room and the audio room for carpet. Show sample quote us around $3.00psf for laminate flooring. (made in germany or german technology) lump sum for carpet : $800. So we confirm with him because the price seem to be the lowest and the sample look pretty nice. The day installation came. Two group of worker came to do installation. Nightmare begin

salesman call up: I thought u will remove the skirting yourself????? Since when we say, additional cost , the door too low we need to help you to trim another additional cost. Hack away skirting $350 and trim door $70 each. WTF another addition cost they need more man power coz got furniture to move here and there. Unless I can get someone to help or Another $150.

The carpet also got problem. The carpet came but I do not see any cushion below. Promise that the feel is like those hotel type but carpet came without the cushion. Need cushion addition cost. $500. My god.......... Told my hubby on the phone. He say ask them to leave and take all the laminate flooring and carpet away. Stop work. Then they say they want to sue us for all the materials. We already lost the $600 deposit. We just take it as a lession. Anyway I leave it to my hubby to settle with them.

So we call the second highest quote. This salman came show us laminate and carpet sample. Laminate flooring from Malaysia and carpet from Taiwan. Quote us $3.80psf. Before we ask more question, he told us the price will be include this n include that. He good he told us all the problem and all the hidden cost. For the carpet quote us $1500 the price a bit high but guarantee good quality. Took out a lighter to burn the carpet wow fire proof carpet. So we confirm with him and three day later all job completed.

What we like about him. Honest, responsible, came and made sure the worker did the job well.

What we dun like about him. Too many call during our meeting and talk got mix with hokkien sometime we dun understand what he say.

This is their company www.jlconcepts.com.sg

For sharing the above information I am not been paid or getting anything from them

Edited by madamj

Some useful information, do not let this happen to you. I request for 4 quote from different supplier regarding laminate flooring and carpet for my home. Never never choose from the lowest quote. I will just cut the story short.

Salesman A ( lowest price ) came show us all the laminate sample and carpet sample. We need to do laminate flooring for our living room and two bed room and the audio room for carpet. Show sample quote us around $3.00psf for laminate flooring. (made in germany or german technology) lump sum for carpet : $800. So we confirm with him because the price seem to be the lowest and the sample look pretty nice. The day installation came. Two group of worker came to do installation. Nightmare begin

salesman call up: I thought u will remove the skirting yourself????? Since when we say, additional cost , the door too low we need to help you to trim another additional cost. Hack away skirting $350 and trim door $70 each. WTF another addition cost they need more man power coz got furniture to move here and there. Unless I can get someone to help or Another $150.

The carpet also got problem. The carpet came but I do not see any cushion below. Promise that the feel is like those hotel type but carpet came without the cushion. Need cushion addition cost. $500. My god.......... Told my hubby on the phone. He say ask them to leave and take all the laminate flooring and carpet away. Stop work. Then they say they want to sue us for all the materials. We already lost the $600 deposit. We just take it as a lession. Anyway I leave it to my hubby to settle with them.

So we call the second highest quote. This salman came show us laminate and carpet sample. Laminate flooring from Malaysia and carpet from Taiwan. Quote us $3.80psf. Before we ask more question, he told us the price will be include this n include that. He good he told us all the problem and all the hidden cost. For the carpet quote us $1500 the price a bit high but guarantee good quality. Took out a lighter to burn the carpet wow fire proof carpet. So we confirm with him and three day later all job completed.

What we like about him. Honest, responsible, came and made sure the worker did the job well.

What we dun like about him. Too many call during our meeting and talk got mix with hokkien sometime we dun understand what he say.

This is their company www.jlconcepts.com.sg

For sharing the above information I am not been paid or getting anything from them

www.jlconcepts.com.sg <-- this is the second highest quote one?

After spoken to a few supplier we decided to use the product from JL concepts.

What we like about them: no hard sale, they wont tell you later no stock of your colour choice so now you put deposit and confirm and they will reserve the stock for you. Last Thursday they came and install the laminate flooring for our 3 bedrooms. Mr lim came together with his worker, advice us what kind of direction it should lay to made our room look bigger (thumb up). By 6pm everything was completed and he drop by again to check on his worker workmanship before handing over to us. Prefect job done.

What we dislike about them: Not at the moment so far.

Edited by Jenny1983

Five day ago the electric man came and fix the wall fan for us. But due to careless he drop his driller and damage two piece of my laminate flooring.............. :angry2: I was so angry coz it so new. He just apologize and carry on and install the 3 wall fan for me. When everything completed he still collect the full payment. How I wish I had the courage to tell him how is he going to compensation to me. End up I have to pay myself I suppose.

I call up Mr Leong to tell him my problem and ask him to come and fix the problem ASAP. I can tell you he one of the good contractor I ever seem. He told me to hold on for a few day till today (Saturday) as he had a job near by, and after the job he will arrange his men to drop by to do the touch up at no cost. (Free) They came at 5pm and remove the damage laminate flooring and replace with the new one. I could say their workmanship is so good that it look so prefect like it never change before. And everything just completed before 6 pm and he personally still made a trip to drop by to take a look. Good Job :good:

JL concepts,hmm it's a little bit confusing hearing the good & bad reviews in other segments of this forum.Can we know the floor brand name being installed?Will like to out more details and reviews about the floor product being use before decision making.Am not worried about the workmanship/service issue as norm we consumers will hold at least 50% of payment till works are completed

Hi i'm new in this forum. After getting some information from this forum, here is some review regarding JL Concepts.

Existing Laminate Flooring

The old existing laminate flooring that from the previous owner

After Removing

So the existing flooring was remove by them during some painting work and electric work

The Job Process

The process of installation send to us during installation while i'm still at work. (Thumb Up Keep us update)

Complete Installation

The complete installation

Overall this vendor is very straight forward. He explain well on their product and very experience in the site condition. They gave quality workmanship excepts you cant rush them coz they did not outsource their installation for quality control, you need to gave them 3 to 5 days in advance before installation.

My brother-in-law their home was done by another vendor and was discover they did not put any plastic form. It was during the ending part of the installation when he went down do a check. So my advice to other, if can also ask your vendor to keep you update by sending image during installation. Coz when job complete we will not know did they save cost or save material just to earn more profit from us. I cant say my this vendor is the best but I can tell you all their product and workmanship is definitely better than my brother home flooring.

By the way does anyone have any idea to recommended curtain to us?

Edited by mrstklim

Usually water is the main agenda, on this most people head for Vinyl, but there is a company supplying waterproof laminate, they literally dip their flooring into a water tank, no bulging no swelling no nothing! But the only problem is the cost, kinda pricey but am on the fence, pay more get better quality and warranty, or pay less and settle for Vinyl (some said toxic after some period of time, no idea true or not)?