Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vanessa

Taobao Help Needed

My taobao sea shipment via 65daigou arrives within 10 days from Guangzhou warehouse to Singapore ! I received an email notification upon its arrival to make balance shipping, agent & insurance payments and to determine the delivery or collection method. I realised that MRT self-collection option is only for smaller items. You can choose to collect from East or West offices but home delivery is only max $8. Delivery charges are not expensive 'cos you can't choose delivery your delivery schedule and delivery can only take place between 6.30 pm to 10.30 pm. Upon full payment, delivery can be made typically by the next 1-2 days. I am waiting eagerly to inspect and open up my purchases !

Edited by lot85

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just paid the 80% deposit to Peeka for my 14 items.

First time buying in taobao.

Major - 2 lights, 3 taps, rainshower, basin, a huge mirror.

Finger crossing that the shipping fee will not be a bomb so to worth the buys.

Quite worry that the mirror will arrive in many pieces instead of one. Also need them to be able to arrive in time for the reno starting soon.

Well, I guess these are some of the risks that I am going to pay for buying cheaper stuffs overseas.

Peeka is charging 5% for handling fee.

I am not sure about 65daigou,

As my colleague is using Peeka, so I just followed.

The girl there is super nice, called me to advise and even chit chat too.

Mirror, really love it, can't find that price in SG!!!

Test water, if passed, will get more.

65daigou is 8% of total pdt fee & shipment fee. 1st kg $5.7 subsequently $3.4 per kg.

The more available logistics provider the better - more competition will drive down the rates.

strange.. i cant seems to register for an account in TB.. anybody faced that problem... was thinking of getting a coffee table..

why need to register leh? you cant buy direct from TB to spore - not that i know of.

Peeka is charging shipping fee by volume. I heard they have received order for marble table, but charged only the size not the weight.

So for items like mirror or painting, it's quite ok since they are "slim".

For register in TB, I have to type in Chinese character for ID/user name in order to register.. wonder is that same to all.

Hi no need to type Chinese ID to login into TB... I just logged in with Makanology and even our password is in English. Payment by any visa or MasterCard. So far, I've used UOB Visa, OCBC Master and POSB Master and all are accepted!

Hi no need to type Chinese ID to login into TB... I just logged in with Makanology and even our password is in English. Payment by any visa or MasterCard. So far, I've used UOB Visa, OCBC Master and POSB Master and all are accepted!

So just have to arrange with the seller to ship it direct to u?

So just have to arrange with the seller to ship it direct to u?

No we haven't asked any seller to ship direct to us - I think that would be too challenging as our written mandarin is so 'broken'. We got all to ship to the Guangzhou warehouse of Amcon forwarder who will consolidate and ship altogether.

I wonder should I take the risk in taking this: (self assembly is a challenge too)

T2Kbd8Xb4bXXXXXXXX_!!498179113.jpg

Hmm i think can still try if you have tried installing the bigger Ikea items but you definitely need a few pairs of hands.

We just ordered a queen bed from TB which requires self-assembly. Bit worried about it and we are prepared to pay either our contractor to install for us or pay privately to the ikea guys when they come to install our Pax wardrobe!