Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vanessa

Taobao Help Needed

Hi ,

I would like to buy some paintings too but I'm not sure which agent is willing to help me. Seems that my agent (trading 1) is not willing to take the risk of shipping them in can you please advise me if you did get daigou to ship in the items with repacking (wooden crate) as my seller i not willing to provide that as well. Look forward to your reply bro!.

Hope your loot arrive in good order! :)

My first purchase from Taobao via Daigou.

I like the Daigou website - very easy to use. Tried calling their phone earlier - no one picks up. However, very prompt replies via Enquiries. & to and fro order clarifications efficient and well captured in your respective itemised/order trackings.

Do note though what you see as price in Taobao website may not be the final price you pay. I have been requested to pay extra (but Daigou will seek permission prior to order placements) due to additional domestic charges (minimal) or in my case for paintings, actual price differ from the web price - possibly due to no more promo price or size I requested - - overall I need to add btw S$20 - S$40.

My items are shipped out from China via sea already! Transit time per them is 12-16 days. Happily waiting.

My bulky items are the paintings, which I had underestimated their sizes and weights. Overall weight was approx 35kgs and they reduced to 33kgs after re-adjustment. Minimal I would say. My total purchase of $210 will have a shipping charge of $116. They do charge agent fees, for mine I think approx $20+. If I allocate all the charges, my painting is approx <S$100 per set - not sure if that's a lot of savings though.

Overall pleasant purchase experience with Daigou - yet to receive the products so will reserve delivery experience later. 2nd purchase? Small items definitely. Big items i have my reservations as I do not like to buy "blindly" without firm shipping costs displayed upfront, so I guess that's something you need to accept or get use to.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi ,

I'm thinking to buy 1 coffee table from taobao thru peeka but then the shipping cost calculated is approx 72 dollar.... ( i'm using peeka shipping calculator) Is that normal rate or i calculated wrongly?( this my first time buying thru peeka) Any peeka expert here?

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.231.bWzOP9&id=15442306633&areaId=&user_id=903461077&is_b=1&cat_id=50036141&q=%B2%E8%BC%B8&rn=b7a5816a6741166ac1385437d4f1cc62

My calculation is also $72 haha

Hi xiaohuiis,

Nice to see you here ....haha !!!! My items (coffee table , storage chair) now otw to SG the shipping cost is 56 dollar...have paid my second payment now look forward to collect my items soon...

Hi xiaohuiis,

Nice to see you here ....haha !!!! My items (coffee table , storage chair) now otw to SG the shipping cost is 56 dollar...have paid my second payment now look forward to collect my items soon...

How come now become cheaper le wor.. still peeka?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if this specification 包装体积=0.4 from vendor means the packaging volume is 40% of the actual item size ? Appreciate the advice.

maybe it means 0.4kg?

maybe it means 0.4kg?

Hi xiaohuiis,

The item is a bunk bed and the estimate weight is 180kg. Volumetric weight is based on assembled dimension is 740kg. I'm assuming its packaging volume is 0.4 * 740 = 296kg. Just need to confirm before placing order.

0.4m3 is the volume in packing sate.

Shipping will base on this volune to calculate.

Hi OceanEleven, thank you for your explanation but the bunk beds' dimension when fully assembled is 2.06m x 1.28m x 1.68m. Not really sure how its packed volume can be compressed into 0.4m3 as I can see parts that are much bigger. Appreciate if you can elaborate further if possible.

Edited by FamilyGuy72

Hi OceanEleven, thank you for your explanation but the bunk beds' dimension when fully assembled is 2.06m x 1.28m x 1.68m. Not really sure how its packed volume can be compressed into 0.4m3 as I can see parts that are much bigger. Appreciate if you can elaborate further if possible.

Please share the link here. Maybe we can take a look.

OK found out these for you.

Item is separate into 7 packages. Largest pack is 2100 x 600 x 150 mm.

Total 7 packages, volume is approx. 1m3. (Estimated and subject to your shipper calculation)

Item exclude the "step" cabinet, the drag out bed below and the bed.

Delivery to Guangzhou is free but subject to address. Too ulu, charges will apply.

Order now, earliest delivery is 28th Feb.

is it worth buying this bathroom set from TB..

http://detail.tmall....&id=15683135989

Worth or not is pretty subjective. The most expensive version in there is approx SGD350 excluding freight.

Material used is Oak which is a pretty good wood. So you can make a comparison with what your carpentry quoted you and see the price difference.

I think the more pressing concern is the overall dimension and if it fits in your bathroom, especially the common one.